Does the mini 4 pro compatible with the RC controller?
12Next >
10218 53 2023-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans42c7e524
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1788796 ft
Hong Kong

I currently have a Mini 3 Pro drone and an RC controller. I'm wondering if I can use my RC controller to control the Mini 4 Pro drone. If that's possible, which feature(s) of the Mini 4 Pro will not be available? This information will impact my decision to upgrade, so I would appreciate an answer.
2023-9-22
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

As far as I understand Mini 4 Pro uses a RC2 remote with a different radio technology

And therefore I assume that Mini 3 Pro RC controller will not work with Mini 4 Pro

2023-9-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very unlikely to work with the DJI RC.
2023-9-23
Use props
taroh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668533 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Any Air 3 user tried to bind with the RC controller?
2023-9-23
Use props
djiuser_jpbl9BPAkySN
lvl.1

France

Would love to know if the 4 Pro will be compatible with de RC Pro?
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jpbl9BPAkySN Posted at 9-25 12:53
Would love to know if the 4 Pro will be compatible with de RC Pro?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The RC Pro and the Mini 4 Pro are not compatible at the moment. We can't provide relevant information yet about the future plans for the Mini 4 Pro and RC Pro but rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-25
Use props
djiuser_jpbl9BPAkySN
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 9-25 23:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The RC Pro and the Mini 4 Pro are not compatible at the moment. We can't provide relevant information yet about the future plans for the Mini 4 Pro and RC Pro but rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Will wait patiently then

Many thanks for your quick respons!
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jpbl9BPAkySN Posted at 9-26 09:52
Will wait patiently then

Many thanks for your quick respons!

Thank you for your understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-26
Use props
djiuser_Y1IhQpW2NBFF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4838858 ft
United States

I have 3 rc-n1 controllers, 1 mini2 smart controller, and 1 mini3pro smart controller. How many controllers is it going to take to get it right.  I don't intend on buying anything else from DJI. Not happy.
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Y1IhQpW2NBFF Posted at 9-27 02:02
I have 3 rc-n1 controllers, 1 mini2 smart controller, and 1 mini3pro smart controller. How many controllers is it going to take to get it right.  I don't intend on buying anything else from DJI. Not happy.

Hi. I completely understand that. We have already referred this request to the related team for evaluation. Please be assured that your words are being heard. Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_bv6OpKyhQ535
lvl.1

Canada

Please add me to your unhappy customer list. I bought an RC Pro controller in August 2023 at a cost of $1,250 (plus taxes, that means $1,427 Can), and today I learned that it is not compatible with the Mini 4 Pro... that means I will never upgrade. This is unacceptable.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_bv6OpKyhQ535 Posted at 9-28 05:35
Please add me to your unhappy customer list. I bought an RC Pro controller in August 2023 at a cost of $1,250 (plus taxes, that means $1,427 Can), and today I learned that it is not compatible with the Mini 4 Pro... that means I will never upgrade. This is unacceptable.

Hi, djiuser_bv6OpKyhQ535. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we're sorry to disappoint you. Rest assured that the compatibility concern will be forwarded to our relevant team as a suggestion. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_tTs21z5auCNg
New

United States

Please add me to the unhappy list as well. I have the RC pro and 2 NC controller. Now your asking of us to now buy another controller. Just not fair after paying so much for the RC pro.
2023-9-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_tTs21z5auCNg Posted at 9-30 11:21
Please add me to the unhappy list as well. I have the RC pro and 2 NC controller. Now your asking of us to now buy another controller. Just not fair after paying so much for the RC pro.

The reason I bought a Mavic 3 Classic instead of the Air 3. I have a RC Pro.
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_cBnTRQ8iuYhq
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm also really disappointed. I have 3 different DJI controllers from Air 2, Mini 2 and the RC from Mini 3 pro. I really think it's bad to have to buy a new one every time.
2023-10-2
Use props
djiuser_RN96zZ3G0DpG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125817 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Will their be a firmer upgrade to the rc pro for the Mavic Mini 4 pro
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_RN96zZ3G0DpG Posted at 10-2 09:36
Will their be a firmer upgrade to the rc pro for the Mavic Mini 4 pro

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. We don't have relevant information at the moment. However, this request was already referred to the related team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience and support.
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_c0R7tRqEWRRH
New

United States

I just bought a RC Pro on amazon hoping to use it with my new mini 4 pro - big disappointment that its not compatible !!!
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_l8ka8M4d7R9n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73035 ft
Austria

Hello! I also get very disappointed when I couldn't connect mini 4 pro to my rc -pro. Actually I expected compatibility of pro controller to mini 4 pro drone by default. Also I still have mini 3 pro, so it's a problem to carry few controllers for each drone every my bike trip((
Any way as I see we got very good admin here!) So add me to this rc-pro+mini 4 pro users club also.
Thank you and have a good day!
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_l8ka8M4d7R9n Posted at 10-9 07:21
Hello! I also get very disappointed when I couldn't connect mini 4 pro to my rc -pro. Actually I expected compatibility of pro controller to mini 4 pro drone by default. Also I still have mini 3 pro, so it's a problem to carry few controllers for each drone every my bike trip((
Any way as I see we got very good admin here!) So add me to this rc-pro+mini 4 pro users club also.
Thank you and have a good day!

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. This is well noted and will be referred to the related team. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-10-10
Use props
Ysbryd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7287510 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please add me to the list of people who desperately need the RC Pro to work with the new Mini 4 Pro. I use the HDMI out on the RC Pro with the Mini 3 and it provides excellent monitoring for Production Crew members combined with the DJI transmission system.
Very dissatisfied that it doesn’t work. I remember having to wait for the previous Mini’s to be compatible but would appreciate a rush on this update.
2023-10-11
Use props
David R8
New

United States

Another unhappy user I will never buy another controller from you people you just make it obsolete in2 years I have mini 3 air2s and rc pro now you say I can't use min4 with my 1200 rc remote??? Shame on you dji.  Time to stop buying dji!  Have you ever heard of backward compatibility????
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ysbryd Posted at 10-11 22:57
Please add me to the list of people who desperately need the RC Pro to work with the new Mini 4 Pro. I use the HDMI out on the RC Pro with the Mini 3 and it provides excellent monitoring for Production Crew members combined with the DJI transmission system.
Very dissatisfied that it doesn’t work. I remember having to wait for the previous Mini’s to be compatible but would appreciate a rush on this update.

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-18
Use props
Rafael Fernandez6
New

Spain

Tengo el dji mini 2 y el dji mini tres pro,He extraviado este último por lo que no me sirve de nada el car refresh.Pretendo comprar el mini 4 pro pero el mando no me sirve.Me parece fatal que no me sirva este.Totalmente en desacuerdo.
2023-10-19
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Well I sold my RC-PRO, it's already obsolete for the most part. I would not expect it to ever work well if at all with the Mini 4 Pro. The M4P uses OS4 the RC-PRO is OS3.
When OS3 came out it was never backwards compatible with OS2.
Time marches quickly with this type of equipment as technology keeps improving it becomes tough to stay backward compatible.
I would rather see the DJI RC Plus (inspired 3) controller work with this drone. Don't expect they ever will either as it would cannibalize sales of inspire drones.

2023-10-19
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
United States

Rafael Fernandez6 Posted at 10-19 10:37
Tengo el dji mini 2 y el dji mini tres pro,He extraviado este último por lo que no me sirve de nada el car refresh.Pretendo comprar el mini 4 pro pero el mando no me sirve.Me parece fatal que no me sirva este.Totalmente en desacuerdo.

Try speaking ENGLISH!
2023-10-19
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

TP-FPV Posted at 10-19 16:01
Well I sold my RC-PRO, it's already obsolete for the most part. I would not expect it to ever work well if at all with the Mini 4 Pro. The M4P uses OS4 the RC-PRO is OS3.
When OS3 came out it was never backwards compatible with OS2.
Time marches quickly with this type of equipment as technology keeps improving it becomes tough to stay backward compatible.

And yet, they did release a remote that could handle three different OS...

2023-10-19
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
United States

Burt37 Posted at 10-19 20:01
And yet, they did release a remote that could handle three different OS...

It is possible the hardware used for OS4 is quite different and cannot be made backwards compatible.

On a second note as I noted above DJI doesn't really care about cross compatibility much with there other drones. Kind of a pain as one needs to carry a different controller around for almost every different drone DJI sells.
They own the consumer market and will do as they choose.
2023-10-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

TP-FPV Posted at 10-20 04:48
It is possible the hardware used for OS4 is quite different and cannot be made backwards compatible.

On a second note as I noted above DJI doesn't really care about cross compatibility much with there other drones. Kind of a pain as one needs to carry a different controller around for almost every different drone DJI sells.

Apparently the RC Pro has everything you need to run the software Os4

All I know is that most manufacturer do/did sell radios that cover few different protocols...

JR, Spektrum, Sanwa, Hitec, Futaba and even the cheap Flysky where you can actually change frequency as well...

But you are right, DJI doesn't really care about cross compatibility and apparently the environment...
2023-10-20
Use props
djiuser_zCMRYqLxUf8f
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, it can't be the case that you own a DJI RC Pro Controller and need a new controller for every new drone, such as the Air 3 or the Mini 4.  The whole thing is also very harmful to the environment because of rare earths.  I ask once again on behalf of all RC Pro Controller owners to provide an update as soon as possible.
2023-10-22
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Mini 4 is an interesting upgrade. But I will stick to the Avata, Goggles 2, Motion Controller 2 and Mini 3 for the foreseeable future, because I do not intend to buy all again just because of the Mini 4.

I don`t think O3 and O4 are so different. These are all software defined radios. dji o4 has optionally the 5.1GHz band. Goal should be that all O3 devices, sender and receiver, can talk to all O4 devices, sender and receiver. If not on day one, then with the promise of adding that in a later firmware upgrade.

my2cents with my product mangager experience
2023-10-22
Use props
fanse50826f6
New

United States

I have 4 DJI drones, and I was thinking of buying this new Mini Pro 4 but, I will not, too many controllers, I agree with many of the comments especially the ones that say why change controller when the RC Pro and the most expensive of the controllers works fine with other drones? but not the mini Pro 4? Not good, I don't see too many people getting this drone for this reason...
2023-10-23
Use props
raph_london
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258622 ft
  • >>>
France

I purchased the RC Pro, as did many others, expecting a high-performance, future-proof remote control. It's puzzling why such a premium-priced remote wouldn't be compatible with upcoming drone generations. Before launching a new drone, ensuring its compatibility with this remote seems essential. Otherwise, potential buyers may be hesitant to make such a significant investment for just a year or two of use. I had hoped DJI would have foreseen this. I kindly request an update soon.
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse50826f6 Posted at 10-23 05:34
I have 4 DJI drones, and I was thinking of buying this new Mini Pro 4 but, I will not, too many controllers, I agree with many of the comments especially the ones that say why change controller when the RC Pro and the most expensive of the controllers works fine with other drones? but not the mini Pro 4? Not good, I don't see too many people getting this drone for this reason...

Thank you for your feedback, This will be referred to the related team for evaluation. Please rest assured your words are well noted. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

raph_london Posted at 10-23 12:49
I purchased the RC Pro, as did many others, expecting a high-performance, future-proof remote control. It's puzzling why such a premium-priced remote wouldn't be compatible with upcoming drone generations. Before launching a new drone, ensuring its compatibility with this remote seems essential. Otherwise, potential buyers may be hesitant to make such a significant investment for just a year or two of use. I had hoped DJI would have foreseen this. I kindly request an update soon.

Hi. This feedback will also be referred to the related team. Keep posted by staying tuned to the DJI official website for further updates. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_TuoMXjSMXwq5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1087867 ft
United Kingdom

Would definitely like to see the RC pro compatible with the new releases such as air 3 and mini 4 pro
2023-10-25
Use props
Rik Rutland
New

United Kingdom

Not only are the extra features of the RC Pro important to me, but so also is the ability to travel light with one controller.

I really hope a FW release for the RC Pro is forthcoming as that would allow me to upgrade from the Mini 3 to the V4.

Thank you.
2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_TuoMXjSMXwq5 Posted at 10-25 13:06
Would definitely like to see the RC pro compatible with the new releases such as air 3 and mini 4 pro

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rik Rutland Posted at 10-27 13:42
Not only are the extra features of the RC Pro important to me, but so also is the ability to travel light with one controller.

I really hope a FW release for the RC Pro is forthcoming as that would allow me to upgrade from the Mini 3 to the V4.

Thank you for the feedback. We understand the importance of your request. I will also forward this. Thank you for your patience.
2023-10-28
Use props
Spruikers
lvl.1
Australia

David R8 Posted at 10-17 18:51
Another unhappy user I will never buy another controller from you people you just make it obsolete in2 years I have mini 3 air2s and rc pro now you say I can't use min4 with my 1200 rc remote??? Shame on you dji.  Time to stop buying dji!  Have you ever heard of backward compatibility????

Hey David, DJI could sit on the same design / transmission technology however they are such a progressive company, they are always wanting to improve. It is inevitable that certain products will and will not work with the RC pro controller but currently, the PRO products work with it so that is the main idea. The Mini 4 pro is so well priced WITH a controller that still has a screen - I think we should be very happy and remember how lucky we are to have access to such amazing products for such low pricing. It really is quite incredible if you really stop to consider the Mavic 3 pro which previously needed a drone much larger to carry a camera now not as good. And the Mini 4pro - what a fun and fantastic product!
2023-11-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules