How to connect GPS Bluetooth Remote to Multiple Cameras?
1879 13 2023-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

How do I connect the GPS Bluetooth remote to multiple Osmo Action 4's at the same time?  I can connect it to one at a time but it is supposed to be able to connect to up to 16 simultaneously?
2023-9-23
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
United States

I figured it out finally.  But it has bugs that I'll report in another post.  

How to connect?  It's described in the manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ller_User_Guide.pdf
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ronj. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the remote controller supports single-camera and multi-camera control modes so that you can shoot with up to 16 cameras simultaneously. After the initial pairing between the Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller and the camera, there is no need to pair them again. The remote controller will quickly connect to the cameras once powered on. Just link them using the method below:

Press and hold the Link Button to link the remote controller and the camera.
2023-9-23
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
United States

Yes, it does well after you manage to get multiple cameras selected.
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ronj Posted at 9-24 04:32
Yes, it does well after you manage to get multiple cameras selected.

Hello, Ron. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to figure out this concern of yours. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-4
Use props
Obscure OffRoad
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hello! I'm successfully able to connect 4 x DJI Action 4 cameras to my DJI Bluetooth GPS Remote simultaneously. However, I'm unable to put the cameras to sleep. In single camera mode, you just press & hold the record button on the remote to put it to sleep, then awaken & start recording by pressing the record button. I've tried several variants of this without success on multi-camera mode. I really need this feature, otherwise, the 3 cameras I just bought today will have to be returned. Otherwise I'll blow through batteries WAY too fast for my use case (off-roading). Hopefully there's a solution to put multiple cameras to sleep and wake them up to start recording simultaneously using the GPS bluetooth remote. Please advise! Thanks!
1-8 16:04
Use props
FumbleEric
lvl.1

Switzerland

Obscure OffRoad Posted at 1-8 16:04
Hello! I'm successfully able to connect 4 x DJI Action 4 cameras to my DJI Bluetooth GPS Remote simultaneously. However, I'm unable to put the cameras to sleep. In single camera mode, you just press & hold the record button on the remote to put it to sleep, then awaken & start recording by pressing the record button. I've tried several variants of this without success on multi-camera mode. I really need this feature, otherwise, the 3 cameras I just bought today will have to be returned. Otherwise I'll blow through batteries WAY too fast for my use case (off-roading). Hopefully there's a solution to put multiple cameras to sleep and wake them up to start recording simultaneously using the GPS bluetooth remote. Please advise! Thanks!

Hello,
I plan to buy a second Osmo 4 and I have the remote aloreasy.
Do you know if it’s possible, with the remote, to operate the camera individually like for instance start only camera 1 then stop it, the camera 2 and stop it.
Best regards
2-9 22:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FumbleEric Posted at 2-9 22:11
Hello,
I plan to buy a second Osmo 4 and I have the remote aloreasy.
Do you know if it’s possible, with the remote, to operate the camera individually like for instance start only camera 1 then stop it, the camera 2 and stop it.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller (hereinafter referred to as “remote controller”) connects to Osmo Action 4 via Bluetooth. You are allowed to control the camera remotely to capture footage using the remote controller. The remote controller supports single-camera and multi-camera control modes so that you can shoot with up to 16 cameras simultaneously. The built-in satellite positioning modules enable you to record accurate data in motion. When used with DJI Mimo, you can add a host of collected data to enrich the video, such as speed, route, direction, and elevation. Effective remote control distance: 25 m. Hope this helps.
2-10 02:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Obscure OffRoad Posted at 1-8 16:04
Hello! I'm successfully able to connect 4 x DJI Action 4 cameras to my DJI Bluetooth GPS Remote simultaneously. However, I'm unable to put the cameras to sleep. In single camera mode, you just press & hold the record button on the remote to put it to sleep, then awaken & start recording by pressing the record button. I've tried several variants of this without success on multi-camera mode. I really need this feature, otherwise, the 3 cameras I just bought today will have to be returned. Otherwise I'll blow through batteries WAY too fast for my use case (off-roading). Hopefully there's a solution to put multiple cameras to sleep and wake them up to start recording simultaneously using the GPS bluetooth remote. Please advise! Thanks!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In multi-camera mode, [Wake/Sleep] function is not supported, only mode switching and photo/video recording are supported. We will gather this feedback as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-10 02:12
Use props
FumbleEric
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-10 02:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller (hereinafter referred to as “remote controller”) connects to Osmo Action 4 via Bluetooth. You are allowed to control the camera remotely to capture footage using the remote controller. The remote controller supports single-camera and multi-camera control modes so that you can shoot with up to 16 cameras simultaneously. The built-in satellite positioning modules enable you to record accurate data in motion. When used with DJI Mimo, you can add a host of collected data to enrich the video, such as speed, route, direction, and elevation. Effective remote control distance: 25 m. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer so simultaneously means that all camera start together and stop together, there is no way to choose the camera to start ?
2-10 12:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FumbleEric Posted at 2-10 12:33
Thanks for your answer so simultaneously means that all camera start together and stop together, there is no way to choose the camera to start ?

You're very much welcome. Yes, the controller will control all the cameras simultaneously. Currently, there is no option to manually choose what camera to control. However, we will forward this request to the respective team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one!
2-12 02:01
Use props
Sazio77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272 ft
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-10 02:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In multi-camera mode, [Wake/Sleep] function is not supported, only mode switching and photo/video recording are supported. We will gather this feedback as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.

This is a SHAME!!! unusable for motovlog with 2 cam simultaneously!
2-12 09:34
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

you can start  and stop 2 or more cams, dont use the sleeping mode
2-13 10:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sazio77 Posted at 2-12 09:34
This is a SHAME!!! unusable for motovlog with 2 cam simultaneously!

My apologies if this causes you trouble. Rest assured that we will record this suggestion for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
2-15 01:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules