activetrack 100% functional ?
752 9 2023-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Waxx
New
Flight distance : 861919 ft
France

hello, I recently bought a dji air 3, super happy but when I use the activetrack the drone follows me without any problem when I am on foot, but when I am on a boat the drone follows me from behind, impossible to 'use the new function to follow from the front or to the side. Is the problem known to other users or to DJI? Or am I the only one in this situation? THANKS
2023-9-24
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

It has the ability to shoot from front, back, sides or even at a 45° position. Are you using the current firmware. Position the drone at the altitude and distance from you and then select from all the differerent angles. You change change it as well from side to front or back etc. Hope that helps. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=294639&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D916%26typeid%3D916
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Waxx. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Air 3 has ActiveTrack 5.0 which supports omnidirectional following.  ActiveTrack 5.0 tracks subjects whether the aircraft is moving forward, backward, left, or right. Embedded with the newest subject recognition technology, ActiveTrack 5.0 uses multiple vision sensors simultaneously to recognize a subject, differentiate it from other objects, and lock the subject in the frame. Consumer Drone is able to track in all directions and adjust tracking angles smoothly for more natural results. Thanks to a new environment and subject sensing algorithms, DJI Air 3 responds earlier to subject movements and environment information and plans a more optimum tracking route in advance to record smooth and stable footage. Please try to follow Wyldwestaz10's recommendation above. If the issue persists, please provide us with a video of the operation for further checking.
2023-9-24
Use props
enderep12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8537 ft

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-24 19:22
Hi, Waxx. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Air 3 has ActiveTrack 5.0 which supports omnidirectional following.  ActiveTrack 5.0 tracks subjects whether the aircraft is moving forward, backward, left, or right. Embedded with the newest subject recognition technology, ActiveTrack 5.0 uses multiple vision sensors simultaneously to recognize a subject, differentiate it from other objects, and lock the subject in the frame. Consumer Drone is able to track in all directions and adjust tracking angles smoothly for more natural results. Thanks to a new environment and subject sensing algorithms, DJI Air 3 responds earlier to subject movements and environment information and plans a more optimum tracking route in advance to record smooth and stable footage. Please try to follow Wyldwestaz10's recommendation above. If the issue persists, please provide us with a video of the operation for further checking.

Hey @Dji Gamora,

can you give information if the Air 3 will also receive the Active Track 360° that was just introduced with the Mini 4 Pro in a future firmware update?

It's a really cool feature to be able to draw a predetermined path around a tracked subject and I'd guess that the sensor suite on the Air 3 should be compatible anyway - so in my mind it's just a matter of software.

Thanks and cheers!
2023-9-25
Use props
Waxx
New
Flight distance : 861919 ft
France

thank you for your feedback, I made a video to show you my problem : http://e.pc.cd/s2ootalK
2023-9-25
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if this will work, but trying to embed the video for you
2023-9-25
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Apparently it didn't like that

2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

enderep12 Posted at 9-25 06:34
Hey @Dji Gamora,

can you give information if the Air 3 will also receive the Active Track 360° that was just introduced with the Mini 4 Pro in a future firmware update?

Hi, enderep12. Currently, we don't have any information about this yet. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Waxx Posted at 9-25 14:36
thank you for your feedback, I made a video to show you my problem : http://e.pc.cd/s2ootalK

Hi, Waxx. Thank you for the video. We have confirmed with our relevant team that Active Track 360° is not supported by DJI Air 3. The DJI Air 3 though supports omnidirectional obstacle sensing, which means that you won't have the "FocusTrack settings" option under Control to adjust the inner radius and outer radius distance when tracing,  swipe a path on the trace wheel interface to capture seamless cinematic shots such as orbiting, fading in, and fading away.
2023-10-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-4 23:27
Hi, Waxx. Thank you for the video. We have confirmed with our relevant team that Active Track 360° is not supported by DJI Air 3. The DJI Air 3 though supports omnidirectional obstacle sensing, which means that you won't have the "FocusTrack settings" option under Control to adjust the inner radius and outer radius distance when tracing,  swipe a path on the trace wheel interface to capture seamless cinematic shots such as orbiting, fading in, and fading away.

DJI Gamora. I think he, like a lot of others including myself, is just saying they would like to see that feature come to the Air 3
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules