20230925_131514.jpg
2023-9-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Resembles my toilet bowl after a Taco Tuesday.
2023-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like you're flying backwards a lot.  
2023-9-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 01:03
Looks like you're flying backwards a lot.

Believe it or not, this was flying forward. And this is why check propellers often. i have had leading edge damage just from flying and zero contact. There are unseen things in the air that don't play nice.
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-27 09:31
Believe it or not, this was flying forward. And this is why check propellers often. i have had leading edge damage just from flying and zero contact. There are unseen things in the air that don't play nice.

blimey there must be a lot of flys in your area.  
2023-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, how did that happen?
2023-11-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 01:20
Wow, how did that happen?

Don't know really. It was like this when I landed. I think a large bug must have tried to inspect the new kid on the block and ventured a little too close.
2023-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-24 08:16
Don't know really. It was like this when I landed. I think a large bug must have tried to inspect the new kid on the block and ventured a little too close.

Like the props cut it to pieces?
2023-11-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-27 09:31

I had the same thing happen a few week ago.   which I had to change out a set of props with only 30 flights on them because the rubber on the leading edge was knocked off by something unknown at 360 feet, I thought it was a bird strike at first but the drone was  in close range  and i never seen any birds , when i landed , there was a yellowish green mess all over the drone, it looks more like  a rotten egg all over the drone. I used a warm damp cloth and gently scrubbed it & i was able to get the goo off . But it makes me wonder what the heck did I hit at 360 feet the drone never indicated a collision or any prop errors I just started hearing this loud whine and landed immediately  it must have been a June bug or something big like that is all could figure
2023-11-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-24 08:56
I had the same thing happen a few week ago.   which I had to change out a set of props with only 30 flights on them because the rubber on the leading edge was knocked off by something unknown at 360 feet, I thought it was a bird strike at first but the drone was  in close range  and i never seen any birds , when i landed , there was a yellowish green mess all over the drone, it looks more like  a rotten egg all over the drone. I used a warm damp cloth and gently scrubbed it & i was able to get the goo off . But it makes me wonder what the heck did I hit at 360 feet the drone never indicated a collision or any prop errors I just started hearing this loud whine and landed immediately  it must have been a June bug or something big like that is all could figure[view_image]

You might want to try some Mavic 3 Enterprise props. No rubber tips, different sound(less obtrusive, to me) and I get 2-3 minutes more flight time. Advexure has best shipping rates.
https://advexure.com/products/dji-mavic-3-enterprise-propellers
2023-11-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-24 09:05
You might want to try some Mavic 3 Enterprise props. No rubber tips, different sound(less obtrusive, to me) and I get 2-3 minutes more flight time. Advexure has best shipping rates.
https://advexure.com/products/dji-mavic-3-enterprise-propellers

Thanks for the good advice. I was looking at the master airscrew props as well because they did not have rubber tips . but didn't get them because they are a bit costly https://www.masterairscrew.com/c ... y_drone=DJI+Mavic+3
2023-11-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 08:30
Like the props cut it to pieces?

Many little pieces.
2023-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I get it.
Usually I have this on the front of my car (in summer), but that goes way faster than my drone
But it does not have props....
2023-11-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duts? just wondering ...is that a typo?
2023-11-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same thing happen a few week ago.   which I had to change out a set of props with only 30 flights on them because the rubber on the leading edge was knocked off by something unknown at 360 feet, I thought it was a bird strike at first but the drone was  in close range  and i never seen any birds , when i landed , there was a yellowish green mess all over the drone, it looks more like  a rotten egg all over the drone. I used a warm damp cloth and gently scrubbed it & i was able to get the goo off . But it makes me wonder what the heck did I hit at 360 feet the drone never indicated a collision or any prop errors I just started hearing this loud whine and landed immediately  it must have been a June bug or something big like that is all could figure[view_image]

Yikes, so the orange stuff is actually a tip rather than a 'splodge' of paint?

2023-11-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-25 09:35

Yes. It is part of the how DJI meets the EU regulations for minimizing laceration possibility. As far as performance, the US Enterprise version is MUCH better!!
2023-11-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-25 09:58
Yes. It is part of the how DJI meets the EU regulations for minimizing laceration possibility. As far as performance, the US Enterprise version is MUCH better!!

Blimey, if a bug strike can dislodge them how well are they attached and what would the remaining 'stepped' blade tip do to flesh?
2023-11-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy, since you have a prop with the tip almost ripped off could you rip the tip off and weigh it? That is if you have suitable scales.
2023-11-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-25 10:35
Blimey, if a bug strike can dislodge them how well are they attached and what would the remaining 'stepped' blade tip do to flesh?

Agreed. I would be more wary of the leading edge than the tip.
2023-11-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Leading edges tend to be rounded and have a longer impact length.
From experience they tend to bruise rather than cut. Tips slice, they are the fastest bit of the blade and a very narrow contact patch.
I have stopped mini blades via their leading edge in a reflexive grab to save a crash, yes it hurt and bruised a little but it didn't cut. A tip contact (mini 1 or 2) cut although it was a tiny cut.
I have had 2 tip contacts from a Phantom 3 and both drew blood.
2023-11-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-25 09:35

YUP the orange is just safety rubber
2023-11-29
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-25 10:39
Ms Ivy, since you have a prop with the tip almost ripped off could you rip the tip off and weigh it? That is if you have suitable scales.

All I had was those cheap postal scales I am not to sure how accurate it is.  I use it to mail letters and packages, but the scale said with the rubber tips pulled off 8.9 grams
2023-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-29 08:48
All I had was those cheap postal scales I am not to sure how accurate it is.  I use it to mail letters and packages, but the scale said with the rubber tips pulled off 8.9 grams

Thanks for trying but somehow I suspect those scales are off. I dread to think what 8.9g out at the blade tip would 'weigh' at max  rpm.
DJI quote 8.5g (single) which I assume means the entire propeller weighs 8.5g.
2023-11-29
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-29 10:28
Thanks for trying but somehow I suspect those scales are off. I dread to think what 8.9g out at the blade tip would 'weigh' at max  rpm.
DJI quote 8.5g (single) which I assume means the entire propeller weighs 8.5g.

yea these scales are just postal scales so properly not very accurate
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules