Once every 20 charges, DJI recommends discharging the batteries?
969 6 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

Is this also the case if your still on the .06 firmware?? that is what i would really like to know, for thouse of us that are holding off till the next F.W. thanks
2015-9-2
Use props
InspireHelp
lvl.2

United States

Yes. This should be done with all DJI smart batteries.

www.InspireHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Inspire.
Inspires in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-2
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
United States

thanks good to know i did it just the other day to all 10 of my batt"s still not back to full capacity but the funny thing is i went flying and timed all my batteries all with varying totall mAh and all tb48's same flight path and got the same exact time on all??? 16 min + to 20%  some have 30 flights some 15 im happy
2015-9-2
Use props
dabadouba00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1207477 ft
Greece

Does anyone know how to discharge the batteries (except having them on the Inspire with the motors on and having to wait for hours???
2015-9-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

dabadouba00@yah Posted at 2015-9-3 20:22
Does anyone know how to discharge the batteries (except having them on the Inspire with the motors o ...

You can just fly them down. When your Inspire tries to auto land because of low battery just push up on the throttle and keep her airborne. Do this close to the ground over a soft grass surface preferably.
2015-9-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

tim foster Posted at 2015-9-2 22:19
thanks good to know i did it just the other day to all 10 of my batt"s still not back to full capaci ...

Inspire1 Battery calibrating.

You need to calibrate smart batteries, if you do not you're asking for trouble. Even smart batteries for medical devices require calibration.
Not all packs will come back to 100% if its capacity has acuatly reduced, your calibrating may be spot on based on the packs voltage curve.
Sometimes packs with very low cycles can have a drop in capacity in the short term, this does not mean they will continue to drop, some just drop and settle there.
I would calibrate and then fly 20 flights with what ever the capacity comes back to then calibrate again.
It seems people are calibrating to try and recover capacity they may not have, perhaps the update now shows the true capacity whereas before it did not.
What it says is irrelevant all that maters is you have a stable pack with acurate remaining capacity, a few hundred mAh reduction in reality will not make any real difference in the real world.
2015-9-3
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
United States

What he said ^^
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules