lvl.1
Flight distance : 357585 ft

Norway

Hi,

since last night, the RC2 controller simply stopped charging. I've tried
  • several usb-c phone chargers
  • several usb-c laptop chargers
  • connecting to a pc
  • leaving the charger plugged in over night to se if it actually did charge without indicating

symptoms are
  • no charging of the battery
  • no leds indicating charging
  • pushing the power button once indicates battery level
  • the remote still works

it might or might not be related to updating to the latest firmware yesterday.

Anyone else seing the same issue?
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, DJI RC 2 only supports PD3.0 fast charging protocol and up to 9V/3A(27W) charging. Please check if the charger meets the requirements. Please also test with another cable. If the issue still exists, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-9-26
Use props
fansce7f3773
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-26 00:31
Hi there, DJI RC 2 only supports PD3.0 fast charging protocol and up to 9V/3A(27W) charging. Please check if the charger meets the requirements. Please also test with another cable. If the issue still exists, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support

The drone is sent back for repair. There's no one else in this thread and I think it's more likely this issue is not related to the firmware update - just a coincidence..
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansce7f3773 Posted at 9-27 11:44
The drone is sent back for repair. There's no one else in this thread and I think it's more likely this issue is not related to the firmware update - just a coincidence..

Thanks for the update. Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Should you have any further inquiries about your case, please feel free to contact us.
2023-9-28
Use props
Juan Carlos Revilla
New

Mexico

Mine had the same issue and i know 3 more persons that had the same problem, DJI messed up my RC with an update and won’t make valid the warranty because it was bought in another country… so nice…
IMG_7869.png
2023-10-7
Use props
manitou1983
New

Austria

Juan Carlos Revilla Posted at 10-7 10:23
Mine had the same issue and i know 3 more persons that had the same problem, DJI messed up my RC with an update and won’t make valid the warranty because it was bought in another country… so nice…

Same issue here, with a brand new remote. Charging worked the first time, then after the firmware upgrade, charging is no longer working.
2023-10-10
Use props
Bekobo
lvl.2

Germany

My yesterday newly bought DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo with DJI RC 2 has exactly the same problem. I used the RC for setup/ activation/ firmware update… everything looks fine until now I see battery is at 30% down and I can not charge it and usb-connector gets terrible hot when plugged in..  

My first DJI product ever and +1400€... what a mess... I was actually hoping that I could take a few nice photos during my vacation and now before I could even use it, it going back... from joy to absolute frustration.
2023-10-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone with this issue tried to connect their controller to their PC to see if it recognizes it still? If so, refreshing the FW with DJI assistant 2 maybe an option in the case of a FW that got flash partially or got corrupted or something like that.
2023-10-11
Use props
Bekobo
lvl.2

Germany

JodyB Posted at 10-11 03:59
Has anyone with this issue tried to connect their controller to their PC to see if it recognizes it still? If so, refreshing the FW with DJI assistant 2 maybe an option in the case of a FW that got flash partially or got corrupted or something like that.

Yes I try to connect the RC on 2 different windows-notebooks.. on both the rc is not recognized (the device manager sees there is a device, but it only shows an “error on reseting usb port”)
2023-10-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bekobo Posted at 10-12 03:52
Yes I try to connect the RC on 2 different windows-notebooks.. on both the rc is not recognized (the device manager sees there is a device, but it only shows an “error on reseting usb port”)

Hmm, I think that would indicate a need to open a case with DJI then. There's already been someone to return theirs for new and it ended up working as expected. With the Error on resetting USB port, that tells me that either there is something physically wrong with the USB circuit on the controller or something occurred during the firmware update to corrupt the software that controlls the USB circuit. And without being able to connect it to a computer successfully a reflash isn't going to work.
2023-10-12
Use props
Bekobo
lvl.2

Germany

JodyB Posted at 10-12 07:16
Hmm, I think that would indicate a need to open a case with DJI then. There's already been someone to return theirs for new and it ended up working as expected. With the Error on resetting USB port, that tells me that either there is something physically wrong with the USB circuit on the controller or something occurred during the firmware update to corrupt the software that controlls the USB circuit. And without being able to connect it to a computer successfully a reflash isn't going to work.

My stuff is already on the way back to amazon/ repair shop.. we will see what they will say.. and if the next try will hold longer then one-time-usage…
2023-10-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JodyB Posted at 10-12 07:16
Hmm, I think that would indicate a need to open a case with DJI then. There's already been someone to return theirs for new and it ended up working as expected. With the Error on resetting USB port, that tells me that either there is something physically wrong with the USB circuit on the controller or something occurred during the firmware update to corrupt the software that controlls the USB circuit. And without being able to connect it to a computer successfully a reflash isn't going to work.

It looks like there's specific design of pins in DJI usb c cable...
2023-10-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

virtual Posted at 10-12 10:23
It looks like there's specific design of pins in DJI usb c cable...
[view_image]

That may well be, but I've used different brands of cables with mine and had no issues so far. Wonder what the difference is pin out wise. I took pictures and found differences in DJI's own cables.

1.jpg
2023-10-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2023-10-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The cable that came with the drone seems to have every slot available for a pin populated, which are actually in use, I can't tell.  While the one that is permanently attached to the DJI 65w charger looks identical to the generic high watt rated cable that I got from Amazon.
2023-10-13
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

The stand alone cable is used to connect to computer while that charger cable just delivers power for charging but anyways interesting that they are so different. The pictue I posted should be cable supplied with DJI 100W charger (not my picture) and looks different to 65W charger cable that You've posted. I have Baseus 100W cable with Watt indicator that works well with my Air 3.
2023-10-14
Use props
Grayf0x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149721 ft
Switzerland

Glad I'm not the only person who has this issue. I also tried several adpapers and cables even the dji cable connected to the dji battery charging hub as a powerbank is not charging the DJI RC2 controller. Is the only solutions for this issue to send it back? Does someone know how long it can take?
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Grayf0x Posted at 10-14 08:30
Glad I'm not the only person who has this issue. I also tried several adpapers and cables even the dji cable connected to the dji battery charging hub as a powerbank is not charging the DJI RC2 controller. Is the only solutions for this issue to send it back? Does someone know how long it can take?

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. If I may ask does it light up when you try to charge it and does your computer recognize it?
2023-10-15
Use props
Bekobo
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 10-15 02:56
Hello there. Sorry about the experience. If I may ask does it light up when you try to charge it and does your computer recognize it?

@dji so.. maybe you can say something officially about this.. is this general issue with your product?
When I google for dji remote charging issius, I see every day more and more topics.. ever time the responses are the same.. use other cable/ chargers etc.. but in the end the stuff goes to repair

My Air3 is now the 4th week on repair side and I didn’t fly it once.

Maybe you could bring some clarification to your customers if this is a firmware, hardware issue or a problem in quality control?
2023-11-4
Use props
Grayf0x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149721 ft
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 10-15 02:56

I received my controller back after I sended it to the repair. I was able to power it on but still cant charge it. How is this possible that you cant charge the controller with the offical dji air battery hub and the usb-c cable? + I received a bill from DHL. Pretty frustrating I will try it one more time..
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Grayf0x Posted at 11-19 13:20
I received my controller back after I sended it to the repair. I was able to power it on but still cant charge it. How is this possible that you cant charge the controller with the offical dji air battery hub and the usb-c cable? + I received a bill from DHL. Pretty frustrating I will try it one more time..

Hi Grayf0x. Please make sure the charging cable is plugged in tightly, and try plugging it in again. Check the LED on the remote controller and confirm if it is in the charging state. If yes, please try charging for 2 hours to see if the power increases. If it still cannot charge, it is recommended to replace the charger and charging cable. If the remote controller is RC 2, please check if it has been activated. If not, please activate the unit first. Then check if it can be charged. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_k3k3A6HImp4a
New

India

I am also facing the same issue of RC2 not charging after firmware update. I've recently updated the firmware after that when I plugged in to the charger LED indicator was not blinking. Then I turned on RC still was not charging.DJI has to look into this matter since many of us are going through this situation.please suggest the next steps.
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_k3k3A6HImp4a
New

India

I am also facing the same issue of RC2 not charging after firmware update. I've recently updated the firmware after that when I plugged in to the charger LED indicator was not blinking. Then I turned on RC still was not charging.DJI has to look into t
his matter since many of us are going through this situation.please suggest the next steps.
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_k3k3A6HImp4a Posted at 11-28 12:00
I am also facing the same issue of RC2 not charging after firmware update. I've recently updated the firmware after that when I plugged in to the charger LED indicator was not blinking. Then I turned on RC still was not charging.DJI has to look into t
his matter since many of us are going through this situation.please suggest the next steps.

Hi there. According to India's Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. So we cannot provide aftersales services for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and your understanding is highly appreciated.  
2023-11-29
Use props
Chyna
lvl.1

United States

Juan Carlos Revilla Posted at 10-7 10:23
Mine had the same issue and i know 3 more persons that had the same problem, DJI messed up my RC with an update and won’t make valid the warranty because it was bought in another country… so nice…[Image]

That's what we get for buying Chinese ...
These assholes did the same to my drone
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chyna Posted at 12-4 12:06
That's what we get for buying Chinese ...
These assholes did the same to my drone

Hi. Chyna. We are more than glad to help. May I know what issue are you experiencing with your drone? Have a nice day.
2023-12-5
Use props
fansce7f3773
lvl.1

Norway

A short update - The store replaced my controller, no questions asked. Had the new controller for a few weeks before facing the same problem. I'm leaning towards it not being related to firmware, but rather the charger. Anyways, not my fault and the whole package now sent to DJI for repair. Let's hope they learn from it..
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_w7nNRuTO031S
New

Sweden

This seems to not be related to any firmware upgrade, I have bought (and returned) a DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo RC2 already, got my second one today and fresh out of the box this controller just won't charge. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the specs of my chargers because I managed to charge the actual batteries of the Air 3 with no problem.

This is my first DJI drone and by the looks of it, it will be my last...
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_XqPeD90kXJhL
New

United Kingdom

I've got the same situation.
Newly unboxed RC2 can be charged at first, but after firmware update it can no longer charge.
Original usb-c cable is applied, together with GAN charger has no problem to charge my Mini 4 Pro but fails on RC2.

A pity it was purchased for more than 15 days in another country. What should I do next?
2023-12-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Not related to anyone in particular... Have a look at the picture and then compare it with the cable you are using. You should be able to see what you have and what is missing, if that's the case...

2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_XqPeD90kXJhL Posted at 12-8 14:51
I've got the same situation.
Newly unboxed RC2 can be charged at first, but after firmware update it can no longer charge.
Original usb-c cable is applied, together with GAN charger has no problem to charge my Mini 4 Pro but fails on RC2.

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about this unfortunate event. May we confirm where have you purchased your product? Please know that DJI doesn't offer an internal warranty and if the product is needed in service, the product must be purchased within the same country/region where it was purchased from. To learn more, you may click this link. Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest information.
2023-12-8
Use props
djiuser_XqPeD90kXJhL
New

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-8 23:58
Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about this unfortunate event. May we confirm where have you purchased your product? Please know that DJI doesn't offer an internal warranty and if the product is needed in service, the product must be purchased within the same country/region where it was purchased from. To learn more, you may click this link. Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest information.

Hi Garmora, it was purchased from Hong Kong. In such case if I need to fix my RC2 issue, what's the repair/replacement fee? Thanks in advance
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_XqPeD90kXJhL Posted at 12-9 03:06
Hi Garmora, it was purchased from Hong Kong. In such case if I need to fix my RC2 issue, what's the repair/replacement fee? Thanks in advance

Thank you for responding. The warranty of your product is within the country where you purchased it. If the product is needed for repair/replacement, it needs to be sent to Hong Kong. I hope this information helps.
2023-12-10
Use props
djiuser_XqPeD90kXJhL
New

Taiwan

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-10 22:38
Thank you for responding. The warranty of your product is within the country where you purchased it. If the product is needed for repair/replacement, it needs to be sent to Hong Kong. I hope this information helps.

Thanks Garmora, I will arrange to get it repair/replace in Hong Kong.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_XqPeD90kXJhL Posted at 12-11 03:32
Thanks Garmora, I will arrange to get it repair/replace in Hong Kong.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns.
2023-12-15
Use props
djiuser_bLVoB482Iow2
New

United States

djiuser_k3k3A6HImp4a Posted at 2023-11-28 11:59
I am also facing the same issue of RC2 not charging after firmware update. I've recently updated the firmware after that when I plugged in to the charger LED indicator was not blinking. Then I turned on RC still was not charging.DJI has to look into this matter since many of us are going through this situation.please suggest the next steps.

I have same issue, I updated my DJI RC2 firmware last night, it doesnt want to charge, and now my battery dead and I have client data on my RC need to retain it .. terrible customer service!!
1-2 20:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_bLVoB482Iow2 Posted at 1-2 20:07
I have same issue, I updated my DJI RC2 firmware last night, it doesnt want to charge, and now my battery dead and I have client data on my RC need to retain it .. terrible customer service!!

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you getting any lights while charging and have you already tried leaving it charging for about 2 hours? You can also try replacing the cable or the charger. Thank you.
1-2 21:53
Use props
djiuser_f1R0pbb3aPIP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105282 ft
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 21:53
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you getting any lights while charging and have you already tried leaving it charging for about 2 hours? You can also try replacing the cable or the charger. Thank you.

Hi, same problem here.
On my RC2 (model n° RC331) after making the update today to firmware 02.00.0500 (with DJI app 1.12.8) I can't charge the remote controller anymore.
Is not even being recognized to the PC.
I tried different cables and chargers, I tried to connect to different PCs (using cables provided by DJI) but nothing, the device is not being recognized.
I bought it 1 week ago, it's brand new.
Maybe is possible to access to recovery options? What are the key combinations?

Furthermore, I already tried to restore factory settings but nothing, same issue.
When connecting to the plug for charging there are no lights at all.

Could you please check it ASAP and send a new update for fixing this terrible issue? Because the issue was created by software I suppose is possible to fix it through software.
Let us known immediately
1-25 13:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_f1R0pbb3aPIP Posted at 1-25 13:37
Hi, same problem here.
On my RC2 (model n° RC331) after making the update today to firmware 02.00.0500 (with DJI app 1.12.8) I can't charge the remote controller anymore.
Is not even being recognized to the PC.

Sorry about the trouble. We suggest sending the remote back to DJI for further inspection. You can submit a repair request on DJI's official website or https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your understanding.
1-27 01:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules