1098 17 2023-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44327 ft
  • >>>
Greece

hello everyone, I have the air 3 and as many times as I've flown it, it hasn't gone more than 460 meters. every time as soon as it reaches this distance it gives me a message: remote signal may be blocked. is it raining, does this happen to others too or am I doing something wrong?
IMG_3582.png
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the issue happens in a different location? Please try to fly in an open area without any possible interference to further isolate the issue. The signal between the aircraft and the remote controller is most reliable when the antennas are positioned in relation to the aircraft as illustrated below. The optimal transmission range is where the antennas face toward the aircraft and the angle between the antennas and the back of the remote controller is 180° or 270°. Please refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-9-26
Use props
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

Hello! Thanks for your answer. Signal loss has occurred in three different locations not within a city but in open space. I have the simple version without the DJI rc 2. The antennas are always facing the drone. I also had the mavic air 2 And I never had a problem at those spots with signal loss. I'm not the only one with the problem here in Greece, but I've heard and read about others who have the same issue with the air 3. This is the second photo that I had an issue with again. From another area of ​​course.
IMG_3585.png
2023-9-26
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I see that You fly quite low, 50 or 20 m. The lower You fly the more can be connection interfered. Try to fly higher.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

Yes, the truth is that every time I flew, I flew low. I will try with more height. I hope that is the problem. Thanks for the advice!!!
2023-9-27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_mr01nY45iKii Posted at 9-27 00:50
Yes, the truth is that every time I flew, I flew low. I will try with more height. I hope that is the problem. Thanks for the advice!!!

Or you could move away if you have tall object in front of you... Remember you need line of sight between the radio and the drone...
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

I had no visual contact, but there was also no tall object in front. What I can't understand is how my friend With the DJI spark He managed to get it to 750 m without losing any signal In the same flight points. While the air 3 did not go beyond the measurements shown in the pictures.
2023-9-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

I have RC 2 and I experienced that OcuSync 4.0 is massive upgrade in connection stability over Air 2 (that I like very much). The best results I got on open field (no trees, poles, power lines, houses ect.) flying 100+ meters high. But don't forget to keep a good track of other flying objects.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

Thank you very much for your information. I had air 2 But gave it up to get this because of ocusync 4.0. Truth is, I was disappointed with these Disconnects all three times I threw it. I will try at a higher height to see if it makes a difference.
2023-9-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

That's why I picked RC 2 with more anthennas but signal should be much better if You fly 70 or 90 m high (keep in mind risk of wind up there) and try to keep free space with no obstacles between remote and drone. Sometimes wi-fi, mobile phone anthennas and other broadcasting services or even humidity can affect the range...
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

Do you mean that the rc2 works better and without interruptions than the simple radio control of the standard version? Do you think it would be worth getting the rc2 controller? Does the standard control not have four antennas?
2023-9-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

djiuser_mr01nY45iKii Posted at 9-27 01:58
Do you mean that the rc2 works better and without interruptions than the simple radio control of the standard version? Do you think it would be worth getting the rc2 controller? Does the standard control not have four antennas?

I can not find the direct comparison between RC2 and RC-N2 but those external adjustable antennas should improve connection. If it's worthy to get RC2 is very individual. It's not chaep but it works well for me...

Description sais: "DJI RC 2 integrates two built-in and two external antennas, supporting a dual-transmitter quad-receiver system. This doubles the number of both transmitter and receiver antennas compared to the previous generation RC, enhancing signal strength and further improving transmission performance." I believe that N2 remote still has that older antenna configuration but I can be wrong.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

It's expensive but definitely much more usable than the n2 which until now I thought had 4 antennas but in the end you're probably right. it must have the old antenna system and maybe that's why (besides the height I'm flying it at) it has so many disconnections. I will look it up to find out though. Thanks for your answer!
2023-9-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Here's the picture of upgraded antenna of RC2, I'm not sure if this new light blue part is integrated in N2 controller...
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mr01nY45iKii
lvl.3
  • >>>
Greece

this is what I was looking for now and from what I found, unfortunately, the n2 does not have 6 antennas.
IMG_3594.png
2023-9-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

So there was an upgrade for N2 but still less antennas than RC2. I believe I saw that information (2T2R vs. 2T4R) somewhere...
2023-9-27
Use props
SargesX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1366791 ft
Russia

There is a detailed description on the official website, it turns out that no one hid anything from users

Dji RC-N2 has 2T2R system (DJI Air 3 (DJI RC-N2)

DJI RC 2 has 2T4R system (DJI RC 2)

DJI RC2.png
2T = 2 antennas to transmit
4R = 4 antennas to receive

2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

djiuser_mr01nY45iKii Posted at 9-27 01:05
I had no visual contact, but there was also no tall object in front. What I can't understand is how my friend With the DJI spark He managed to get it to 750 m without losing any signal In the same flight points. While the air 3 did not go beyond the measurements shown in the pictures.

Please be aware you must have eye contact with your drone at all time. Its the law. Look up vlos law for drone. People complain about range, but do they know the range of these drones is far more than what the human eye can see. So basically if you are flying out of rangrle, that means you are flying out of sight and that is against the law.
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules