1000 9 2023-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

It seems that some USB controllers got problems with the I3 ssd's.

I  got 1 work station that copies with no problems, straight. no drops  with about 360mb/s. But I also got a work station and a notebook that  have massive changes from 400mb/s all the way to 0mb/s and back up to  full speed. But all in all it gives me only about 10mb/s due to the  drops and pauses.

On the problematic machines I2 ssd's with the reader copy just fine.
All test copies were to device local ssd's and the same cable was used.
2 different I3 ssd's reproduced the same problem
I also checked different high quality c to c and c to A cables.

In my copy tests I found no thermal throtteling.

I'm  not really happy with this behaviour, which I don't see when I copy  from I2 ssd's or external T3 / T5 Samsung SSD's to the same ''problematic'' machines.

Maybe this is something that can be fixed with ssd/USB firmware.

2023-9-26
Use props
theoDIT
New

France

Exactly having the same issue here... I am a DIT an right now offloading inspire 3 via silverstack using a very fast offloading workstation (2TB alexa compact drive are offloaded in 20min) is like doing data management in the 80's... Does someone else have encountered this issue ?
2023-9-29
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 725 ft
Czechia

Hi, we have the samw issue… our DIT on film project is having the same issue. He is using some software to copy and check the files at the same time, so we were thinking its a problem of CinemaDNG and so much files to be checked… but as far as i can see, it might be an issue elsewhere… normaly our SSD is super fast downloaded but on his station it goes up and down with the speed:/
2023-10-3
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

I got the same problem with Prores raw. I really think its a controller problem, which we do not have with other type of ssd's on the same machines.
2023-10-4
Use props
IronBird_Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47425 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone had any issues where the ProSSD is unreadable on a Mac / PC? We've had a card returned from the VFX house because they can't get one of the ProSSD's to read. They've checked with different cables and countless machines and even had their IT team do a rudimentary check - the card boots and the LED is solid white (stand-by mode, I think). but that's it when plugged into a machine

So they've sent it back to us and I've put it in the I3 - all the data seems to be there and correct. Ident, roll number, clip count, time remaining etc all looks good - I can even record to the card, but put it in a PC or Mac and it's not recognised.
2023-10-9
Use props
Lemon Twist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if this helps, but on a Mac book Pro, the data cable which was (for me) supplied with the I3, I can move 1TB of data in 8-10 mins, we have used other cables and it can take an hour, with the same laptop and SSD. In the studio Mac, we use a powered USB-C port and then it's a little faster.
2023-10-13
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

Lemon Twist Posted at 10-13 05:35
Not sure if this helps, but on a Mac book Pro, the data cable which was (for me) supplied with the I3, I can move 1TB of data in 8-10 mins, we have used other cables and it can take an hour, with the same laptop and SSD. In the studio Mac, we use a powered USB-C port and then it's a little faster.

I tried a few original delivered cables as well as aftermarket ones.
Its always a problem on certain computers. I really think its the controller that makes the differences.
2023-10-26
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lemon Twist Posted at 10-13 05:35
Not sure if this helps, but on a Mac book Pro, the data cable which was (for me) supplied with the I3, I can move 1TB of data in 8-10 mins, we have used other cables and it can take an hour, with the same laptop and SSD. In the studio Mac, we use a powered USB-C port and then it's a little faster.

Yes….get a high speed USB-C cable…then lightning quick transfers. Jim Area51drones Las Vegas.
2023-10-28
Use props
Djalma Ribeiro ONESOLVE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Any solution for this problem?  Some DIT's are complaining about the same inconsistent slowness problem.

Obviously you have already tested other cables and USB ports.  Not using hub.
4-17 12:57
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

The problem still consists.
It really seems to be a problem with some usb controllers.
Same cables and same sdd offload fast on some systems and extremly slow on others. So its a hit or miss depending on what usb controller is build into your computer.
Some computers got different controllers for different ports. So there is always a chance of being lucky when trying a  different port.
But there is no solution yet if it offloads slow.

I'm pretty sure this could be solved by dji trough a firmware update.
4-17 22:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules