Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,
I just updated the RC2 to the latest firmware.

This morning I was out to fly with my Air 3. At my work I powered on my controller and I can see the Video Cache in the DJI Fly App. When I remove my SDCard, the cache is gone, so it is definitly stored on the SDCard.
I connect the RC2 with a PC, go to the explorer, open the RC, go to SD card..... I see lots of directories, but within the folder Android, there is Data, but no other folders under data.....

I searched the whole controller, but no cached files are there. Where should they have been?

kind regards
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI RC 2 cache is stored in the path below:

If there is no MicroSD card on the DJI RC 2, the cache video will be saved to:
DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches

After DJI RC 2 is set with the default storage of photos/videos in the microSD card: DJI RC 2/SD_Card/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches

Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-27
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, found it. But unfortunately that location isn’t available while the controller is powered up. Removing the sd card and put it in a card reader it is….
Think dji does something with mounting points when the controller is powered on…
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_5veE0F5pyFfA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13478 ft
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-9-27 19:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI RC 2 cache is stored in the path below:

If there is no MicroSD card on the DJI RC 2, the cache video will be saved to:

With RC1 cache photos and videos are available in gallery and can be managed with the file manager. With RC2 you cannot even browse the SD card, there are no videos or photos in the Android gallery and it is not even possible to record the screen on the SD card.

DJI must fix it, it is unacceptable.
2-17 17:41
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_5veE0F5pyFfA Posted at 2-17 17:41
With RC1 cache photos and videos are available in gallery and can be managed with the file manager. With RC2 you cannot even browse the SD card, there are no videos or photos in the Android gallery and it is not even possible to record the screen on the SD card.

DJI must fix it, it is unacceptable.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. If the storage location of the DJI RC 2 is set to SD CARD, the DJI Fly App aircraft album can view the cache video, please try to disconnect/turn off the aircraft and check the album on the controller. Make sure to enable "Cache when recording" on the app. You may also browse the cached video under this path DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches. Also, with the latest firmware of DJI RC 2, we added support for saving screenshots and recordings in the microSD card mounted on the remote controller. When the storage location is switched to the microSD card, recordings are saved in the microSD card and previous recordings in the internal storage of the remote controller are not migrated. If you are using firmware earlier than v02.00.0300, recordings are saved in the internal storage of DJI RC 2 by default and the storage location remains unchanged, even if it is set to a microSD card. If you still experience the same issue, please record a short video or screen recording then send it to us for further investigation. Thank you.  
2-19 01:45
Use props
GOREPOT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13478 ft
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 01:45
Hi there. Thank you for your response. If the storage location of the DJI RC 2 is set to SD CARD, the DJI Fly App aircraft album can view the cache video, please try to disconnect/turn off the aircraft and check the album on the controller. Make sure to enable "Cache when recording" on the app. You may also browse the cached video under this path DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches. Also, with the latest firmware of DJI RC 2, we added support for saving screenshots and recordings in the microSD card mounted on the remote controller. When the storage location is switched to the microSD card, recordings are saved in the microSD card and previous recordings in the internal storage of the remote controller are not migrated. If you are using firmware earlier than v02.00.0300, recordings are saved in the internal storage of DJI RC 2 by default and the storage location remains unchanged, even if it is set to a microSD card. If you still experience the same issue, please record a short video or screen recording then send it to us for further investigation. Thank you.

Gracias, solucionado.
2-25 05:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

GOREPOT Posted at 2-25 05:42
Gracias, solucionado.

You are very much welcome. We're glad that you have managed to solve the issue. Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2-29 03:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules