4016 28 2023-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5781 ft
Hungary

Dear Support,

if i use the flight battery plus with mini 4 pro in EU i constantly get an error message: Intelligent flight battery plus installed. Aircraft not compliant with EU regulations for C0 labelled drones. I completely understand that with the plus battery i am over the weight limit of 250 gramms for C0. But i follow all the rules fot C1 (A2), and want to fly my drone without the message constantly displaying and disturbing controller view which is dangerous. Can you forward this to the support team? The solution could be that the message is only displaying for a certain amount of time and after that dissapears. Awaiting your feedback. Thank you
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In accordance with the new European Drone Regulation that will come into effect on 1 January 2024, DJI's Mini 4 Pro will be launched with a C0 class identification label and therefore be restricted to an altitude limit of 120m that cannot be increased in any scenario (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal- ... ri=CELEX:32019R0945 - ANNEX, Part 1). This measure has been introduced by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to allow safe flight operations for drones weighing less than 250 grams. In accordance with the same European Drone Regulation, all other currently-available drones of the DJI Mini series (e.g. Mini 2 SE, Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro) will be restricted to an altitude limit of 120m later this year via a DJI firmware update. Customers of the above-named, currently-available DJI Mini-series drones (before Mini 4 Pro) will be able to apply retroactively for C0 class identification labels in Q4 this year via a process we will share in due course. Regarding the warning message, we will forward this suggestion to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Time to move or go to your government and tell them to stop making stupid laws. Until then, it will not change. Dji must follow laws and regulations in each country and regulated them as needed.
2023-9-27
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-27 18:22
Time to move or go to your government and tell them to stop making stupid laws. Until then, it will not change. Dji must follow laws and regulations in each country and regulated them as needed.

Dji can follow rules and regulations if it is showing this warning message. but the user can tap on the message to close it. With the tap the user accepted the fact the the drone is currently not fulfilling C0. Im am still allowed to fly this drone in any EU country including mine, if I follow the regulations of the over 250 grams category C1. So if I would like to fly in C1 with battery plus almost 1/4 th of my screen is blocked by this Long message, which is reducing visibility.
2023-9-27
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 17:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In accordance with the new European Drone Regulation that will come into effect on 1 January 2024, DJI's Mini 4 Pro will be launched with a C0 class identification label and therefore be restricted to an altitude limit of 120m that cannot be increased in any scenario (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32019R0945 - ANNEX, Part 1). This measure has been introduced by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to allow safe flight operations for drones weighing less than 250 grams. In accordance with the same European Drone Regulation, all other currently-available drones of the DJI Mini series (e.g. Mini 2 SE, Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro) will be restricted to an altitude limit of 120m later this year via a DJI firmware update. Customers of the above-named, currently-available DJI Mini-series drones (before Mini 4 Pro) will be able to apply retroactively for C0 class identification labels in Q4 this year via a process we will share in due course. Regarding the warning message, we will forward this suggestion to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I fully understand the laws for c0. Please note that if I have a c0 classified drone, and put something on it so it goes over 250 gramm, I am still allowed to fly this drone in c1 category! That is what I want to do, but 1/4 th of the screen gets blocked by the warning message, thus reducing visibility. Thank you for forwarding the suggestion, it could also be a window of notification which the user can tap to accept and close,
2023-9-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Nyikhmur2 Posted at 9-27 21:57
I fully understand the laws for c0. Please note that if I have a c0 classified drone, and put something on it so it goes over 250 gramm, I am still allowed to fly this drone in c1 category! That is what I want to do, but 1/4 th of the screen gets blocked by the warning message, thus reducing visibility. Thank you for forwarding the suggestion, it could also be a window of notification which the user can tap to accept and close,

You are confusing C label and open category scenario A1 A2 A3.
Flying in C1 doesn't mean anything.

(From January 1, 2024)
To fly in A1 you need a drone with a C0 or C1 marking.
You have chosen to use a drone which in its original configuration is labeled C0. As soon as you modify its mass beyond the MTOM established by the manufacturer, you void the C0 label. As a result, you automatically fall into category A3.

The message displayed repetitively on the screen is therefore entirely justified. Otherwise the text 2019-945 will have no meaning.
They are still kind to let the drone take off even if we exceed 250g despite the C0 label.
2023-9-27
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-27 22:17

In understand and also agree. But as far as I know from April 2024 there will be no "A" categories any more in the EU only "C" labeling. I agree with you as well that with the plus battery currently I will fall to A3. That is fine by me, as I only do landscape photography in uninhabited areas. I am ok to fly the drone in A3!

I understand that DJI has to display a warning message, but it should not be constant, there could be an I accept button to close it. The mini 4 is C0 certified, but certified does not mean it can only fly as C0. In this case I think with the wide angle lens only which adds a few grams you are over 250. In this case user should be forbidden to take off with using an official accessory?
2023-9-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Nyikhmur2 Posted at 9-27 22:26
In understand and also agree. But as far as I know from April 2024 there will be no "A" categories any more in the EU only "C" labeling. I agree with you as well that with the plus battery currently I will fall to A3. That is fine by me, as I only do landscape photography in uninhabited areas. I am ok to fly the drone in A3!

I understand that DJI has to display a warning message, but it should not be constant, there could be an I accept button to close it. The mini 4 is C0 certified, but certified does not mean it can only fly as C0. In this case I think with the wide angle lens only which adds a few grams you are over 250. In this case user should be forbidden to take off with using an official accessory?

I am not at all aware of this change in April 2024. Do you have a source?

To clarify things:
C label is a qualification of drones based on technical criteria. Mass, speed, safety equipment...

A1 A2 A3, are scenarios which describe the environment in which the drone operates.
2023-9-27
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-27 22:31

I will search the link for you, it was sent to me couple of weeks ago. "A" scenarios were implemented to allow extra time for finalizing "C" labeling rules, and after that allow time to drone manufacturers to comply. That is why you could legally fly your drone in the EU without "C" label. The whole new regulation will require a "C" label, making "A" scenarios useless. It also made some hobby rc aircraft builder groups, and custom drone builders pretty unhappy. As it makes things impossible for them. I do think they still have to create a kind of unlabelled open scenario category for those.
2023-9-27
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That's exactly the problem. It is a serious safety issue having this huge warning message and not being able to click on it to getting rid of it, like any other of the popup messages work.
DJI, this needs an urgent fix!
2023-9-27
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-27 22:31

I am not agains rules, do not get me wrong. I just think that this message with an "I accept button" is sufficient. With clicking I accept the responsibility is on the drone operator not Dji . But at least we could see our screen and be able to fly without a large portion of the screen blocked, be it the A3 scenario, or moving from C0 to C1 and following the rules...
2023-9-27
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243865 ft

France

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 17:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In accordance with the new European Drone Regulation that will come into effect on 1 January 2024, DJI's Mini 4 Pro will be launched with a C0 class identification label and therefore be restricted to an altitude limit of 120m that cannot be increased in any scenario (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32019R0945 - ANNEX, Part 1). This measure has been introduced by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to allow safe flight operations for drones weighing less than 250 grams. In accordance with the same European Drone Regulation, all other currently-available drones of the DJI Mini series (e.g. Mini 2 SE, Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro) will be restricted to an altitude limit of 120m later this year via a DJI firmware update. Customers of the above-named, currently-available DJI Mini-series drones (before Mini 4 Pro) will be able to apply retroactively for C0 class identification labels in Q4 this year via a process we will share in due course. Regarding the warning message, we will forward this suggestion to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello DJI Fellow,
What you say is right, but actually the mini 4 pro sold until 1st Jan 2024 are not in this category and may be not classified as a C0.
Could you please ask Program management to make a mini 4 pro software release to put up the limit to 500m until the 1st of January, when you will be rolling up the official C0 version?
2023-9-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Nyikhmur2 Posted at 9-27 22:44
I am not agains rules, do not get me wrong. I just think that this message with an "I accept button" is sufficient. With clicking I accept the responsibility is on the drone operator not Dji . But at least we could see our screen and be able to fly without a large portion of the screen blocked, be it the A3 scenario, or moving from C0 to C1 and following the rules...

DJI is not alone.  My opinion is that the certification company should not have given up the signature so easily.  
By this I mean that if we can add accessories that increase the mass so easily, then what is the reason for these labels?
2023-9-27
Use props
Dronedirk
lvl.1

Netherlands

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-27 22:56
DJI is not alone.  My opinion is that the certification company should not have given up the signature so easily.  
By this I mean that if we can add accessories that increase the mass so easily, then what is the reason for these labels?

I also get this message if I use an Mini 3 pro battery that is NOT of Plus battery. How can this be possible ?
2023-9-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Dronedirk Posted at 9-28 05:22
I also get this message if I use an Mini 3 pro battery that is NOT of Plus battery. How can this be possible ?

Good question.
Are all firmware up to date ?
2023-9-28
Use props
Dronedirk
lvl.1

Netherlands

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-28 05:25
Good question.
Are all firmware up to date ?

Yes they are.
2023-9-28
Use props
Dronedirk
lvl.1

Netherlands

I used the battery's of my 3 Plus and installed the latest firmware. I repeated this proces with all my 3 pro battery's.
2023-9-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Dronedirk Posted at 9-28 05:48
I used the battery's of my 3 Plus and installed the latest firmware. I repeated this proces with all my 3 pro battery's.

Then i have no clue. You might gain time by contacting support.
Google " DJI online support live chat"
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_G6fgtEPKPdkX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815148 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronedirk Posted at 9-28 05:22
The mini 3 battery is 2-3 grammes heavier than the mini 4 pro battery so therefore the drone  is over 250g so  the drone thinks it is a plus battery hence the warning - I don’t need the message either I’m a A2 cofc holder so can fly an C0 class drone in the C2 class category if it is over weight - I don’t need a permanent message advising me of the fact for the duration of the flight. It is also obscuring a good portion of the screen - DJI this needs an update and for your own records I’m a UK resident so not in the EU

2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_G6fgtEPKPdkX Posted at 9-28 06:30
The mini 3 battery is 2-3 grammes heavier than the mini 4 pro battery so therefore the drone  is over 250g so  the drone thinks it is a plus battery hence the warning - I don’t need the message either I’m a A2 cofc holder so can fly an A class drone in the C class category if it is over weight - I don’t need a permanent message advising me of the fact for the duration of the flight. It is also obscuring a good portion of the screen - DJI this needs an update and for your own records I’m a UK resident so not in the EU

I also think that is the reason, as the Mini 3 & Mini 3 pro accus are 2.5g to 3.0g heavier

The DJI announced use of these Mini 3 accus is not that smooth as promised ...

2023-9-28
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

djiuser_G6fgtEPKPdkX Posted at 9-28 06:30
The mini 3 battery is 2-3 grammes heavier than the mini 4 pro battery so therefore the drone  is over 250g so  the drone thinks it is a plus battery hence the warning - I don’t need the message either I’m a A2 cofc holder so can fly an C0 class drone in the C2 class category if it is over weight - I don’t need a permanent message advising me of the fact for the duration of the flight. It is also obscuring a good portion of the screen - DJI this needs an update and for your own records I’m a UK resident so not in the EU

That is exactly why I started this thread! Dji fix this with a message which either disappears after a while or a clickable pop up!
2023-9-28
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

Nyikhmur2 Posted at 9-28 08:00
That is exactly why I started this thread! Dji fix this with a message which either disappears after a while or a clickable pop up!

I also have an A2 licence so I am allowed to fly the drone even if it is over 250 gramms, if I follow the correct rules for the bigger weight. Now DJI removed the 120m height restriction from mini 4 Pro (do not know for how long) they should consider to address this message as well!
2023-9-28
Use props
Nyikhmur2
lvl.2
Hungary

UPDATE! I have tried today with the plus battery again. After the elimination of the height limit of 120 meters, this message was somehow sorted as well. Now I can tap on the c0 warning message and it disappears. Nice job!
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

greg_p Posted at 9-27 22:48
Hello DJI Fellow,
What you say is right, but actually the mini 4 pro sold until 1st Jan 2024 are not in this category and may be not classified as a C0.
Could you please ask Program management to make a mini 4 pro software release to put up the limit to 500m until the 1st of January, when you will be rolling up the official C0 version?

Hello, Greg. Thank you for your feedback. We will surely coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-29
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

I was also wondering this coming from the US to vacation in Iceland.

As far as flying here, for what I do, 249g vs 800g on my M3C isn't a big difference.

As I'm picking up the M4P vs. M4P+ for this trip, and learning EU drone laws, I was wondering how smart DJI were about the pro + batteries, especially since their website says the pro + batteries are not sold in the EU.

Curious if anyone had a picture of that warning/error and screen obstruction from before the update!

2023-9-30
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

(removed double post)

Also, $20 extra per battery for 33% flight time increase for the life of the drone seems like a no brainier
2023-9-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-27 22:17

Once again utter twoddle. It is the users choice what they do. You have a total disregard for common sense and the concept of freedom.
2023-9-30
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-30 22:26
Once again utter twoddle. It is the users choice what they do. You have a total disregard for common sense and the concept of freedom.

I agree => It is the users choice what they do

Cars must also be equipped with seat belts by law but I have the freedom to wear them or not, however,
I must then also bear the consequences if the police stops me without wearing a seat belt or in case of
an accident my seat belt was not worn - Germany and the EU are good examples of overregulation !

2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_gq9lyUDoZC1A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187411 ft
United Kingdom

Hello. I have a dji mini 4 pro. I fly it in UK. The max distance on the max altitude (120m) is only 1700m, then I completely lose a signal between RC2 AND MY DRONE DJI MININI 4 PRO can someone tell me how to improve the signal( Thanks.
2-1 14:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules