DJI mini 4 pro issues
8048 31 2023-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tboegle
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone gotten the mini 4 pro to pair with the rc-n2 controller at all? i grabbed one yesterday, got it paired initially and then never again. Computer wont even detect drone in dji assistant 2 when plugged in but will detect the remote. Updated remote firmware, troubleshot with tech support for a long while, no dice. Returned it this morning and exchanged for another one, and this one wont even pair the first time. Ive tried multiple phones, computers (pc and mac) cables, and spent hours over 2 days on the line with tech support to no avail. Tech basically said to try it again tomorrw and if that doesnt work send it back. any ideas? Im likely going to return this one tomorrow but id really like to get it to work.

2023-9-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

DJI assistant 2 won't recognize the drone because the Mini 4 pro port is only for charging. not sure why though
2023-9-27
Use props
tboegle
lvl.1

United States

Potato mini Posted at 9-27 15:58
DJI assistant 2 won't recognize the drone because the Mini 4 pro port is only for charging. not sure why though

that is very interesting... tech support did not mention that at all. hmmm
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, tboegle. Thank you for reaching out. For the DJI Assistant 2 issue, do you get any error messages and are you using the cable that came with the drone? For the linking concern, please try the details below:
1. Make sure the remote controller is within 0.5 m of the aircraft during the linking.
2. Confirm whether the linking operation has been performed correctly. Please try the combination buttons below for linking:
Remote controller (DJI RC-N2): Customizable button + Photo/video toggle + Shutter/record button
Aircraft: Press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
3. Please wait for a few minutes, and if the issue persists, please restart the aircraft and remote controller.
2023-9-27
Use props
tboegle
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-27 16:41
Hi, tboegle. Thank you for reaching out. For the DJI Assistant 2 issue, do you get any error messages and are you using the cable that came with the drone? For the linking concern, please try the details below:
1. Make sure the remote controller is within 0.5 m of the aircraft during the linking.
2. Confirm whether the linking operation has been performed correctly. Please try the combination buttons below for linking:

Hey, no error message when i connect the drone it just never shows up like the controller does. ive used the cable that came with the drone, and also other cables that i have and ive also tried it on multiple computers both pc and mac. the controller was no more than 2 feet away from the drone when trying to connect. ive retried the linking operation many times, both the method using the app and by pressing the buttons on the drone and on the remote, no luck either way. ive restarted, ive removed the battery and left it out for a few hours, everything i can think of. the controller connects to the phone just fine every time, but will not find the drone.
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

tboegle Posted at 9-27 16:49
Hey, no error message when i connect the drone it just never shows up like the controller does. ive used the cable that came with the drone, and also other cables that i have and ive also tried it on multiple computers both pc and mac. the controller was no more than 2 feet away from the drone when trying to connect. ive retried the linking operation many times, both the method using the app and by pressing the buttons on the drone and on the remote, no luck either way. ive restarted, ive removed the battery and left it out for a few hours, everything i can think of. the controller connects to the phone just fine every time, but will not find the drone.

Time to send it back.  Maybe third time will be a charm.  
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_E913PWP4reKP
New

United States

Just got the Mini 4 Pro. The initial remote screen video transmission (when NOT recording) is blurry. Like its running on 5 fps. When I start to record then it records normal (4k 60fps) perfectly fine. Also, it’s overheating WAY too quick. I haven't flown it yet and its already overheating. Anyone else having same video transmission and overheating problem?
2023-9-28
Use props
tboegle
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_E913PWP4reKP Posted at 9-28 17:47
Just got the Mini 4 Pro. The initial remote screen video transmission (when NOT recording) is blurry. Like its running on 5 fps. When I start to record then it records normal (4k 60fps) perfectly fine. Also, it’s overheating WAY too quick. I haven't flown it yet and its already overheating. Anyone else having same video transmission and overheating problem?

now that you mention it the drone did seem kinda hot to me, especially for just sitting there on my desk trying to pair. maybe thats part of the issue, fried electronics/battery?
2023-9-28
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Did you download the latest version of DJI Assistant? There's a new one out for the Mini 4 Pro. Installed it and it recognizes the M4P just like it should.
2023-9-28
Use props
tboegle
lvl.1

United States

oberschneider.com Posted at 9-28 21:42
Did you download the latest version of DJI Assistant? There's a new one out for the Mini 4 Pro. Installed it and it recognizes the M4P just like it should.

yup, it was a fresh install of dji assistant 2 right off the website on both a mac and a pc and neither worked. update though, i decided to grab a third drone and this one seems to work! its pouring here so i haven't had a chance to fly it but i got it paired no problem,and dji assistant 2 detects drone and controller no problem. i did notice that this one didnt seem to get hot like the other 2 when charging for the first time, so maybe that has something to do with it? maybe theres some sort of short or something. Will update if i get a chance to fly tomorrow.
2023-9-29
Use props
fans802ef8cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254173 ft
United States

Just got my mini 4 pro.  It drifting to the left (rotating) while hovering. It’s also having trouble staying parallel to the horizon. You can watch it tilt in the radar screen and you can hear the propellers sound like it’s fighting wind gusts (there is no wind). It also is not staying in one location. It works its way back to the gps location. But it’s having a really hard time. My mini 3 is rock solid but the 4 pro is all over. If I was a first time drone pilot I would be scared of drones based on how this is flying. Recalibrated everything more than once. It has performed like this out of the box.  Any ideas what the problem is?  All firmware is current. I don’t want to send it back and wait
I  just got it!
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans802ef8cb Posted at 9-29 18:53
Just got my mini 4 pro.  It drifting to the left (rotating) while hovering. It’s also having trouble staying parallel to the horizon. You can watch it tilt in the radar screen and you can hear the propellers sound like it’s fighting wind gusts (there is no wind). It also is not staying in one location. It works its way back to the gps location. But it’s having a really hard time. My mini 3 is rock solid but the 4 pro is all over. If I was a first time drone pilot I would be scared of drones based on how this is flying. Recalibrated everything more than once. It has performed like this out of the box.  Any ideas what the problem is?  All firmware is current.

Try a very careful IMU calibration, followed by a compass calibration.
2023-9-29
Use props
fans802ef8cb
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-29 18:57
Try a very careful IMU calibration, followed by a compass calibration.

Thank you. I have done that, it’s the first and second thing I did.  I’ll probably try again…  Thank you though!
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans802ef8cb Posted at 9-29 19:02
Thank you. I have done that, it’s the first and second thing I did.  I’ll probably try again…  Thank you though!

My Mavic 3 Classic(new to me 3 weeks ago) was wandering terribly bad during a time lapse. I did a standard IMU, then a cold IMU. Neither helped a lot. Then I did it again on a very frim and level surface away from all metal and now it is almost perfect.
2023-9-29
Use props
fans802ef8cb
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-29 19:07
My Mavic 3 Classic(new to me 3 weeks ago) was wandering terribly bad during a time lapse. I did a standard IMU, then a cold IMU. Neither helped a lot. Then I did it again on a very frim and level surface away from all metal and now it is almost perfect.

Thanks, I am going to try again. Yes, it’s really bad during Timelapse
2023-9-29
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

tboegle Posted at 9-28 20:42
now that you mention it the drone did seem kinda hot to me, especially for just sitting there on my desk trying to pair. maybe thats part of the issue, fried electronics/battery?

The drone will get hot automatically. DJI cute the fan so as to reduce the weight so that it will be under 250 grams. exact same thing with the mini3pro. there should be a setting under safety or control to put the drone in usb mode
2023-9-29
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

fans802ef8cb Posted at 9-29 18:53
Just got my mini 4 pro.  It drifting to the left (rotating) while hovering. It’s also having trouble staying parallel to the horizon. You can watch it tilt in the radar screen and you can hear the propellers sound like it’s fighting wind gusts (there is no wind). It also is not staying in one location. It works its way back to the gps location. But it’s having a really hard time. My mini 3 is rock solid but the 4 pro is all over. If I was a first time drone pilot I would be scared of drones based on how this is flying. Recalibrated everything more than once. It has performed like this out of the box.  Any ideas what the problem is?  All firmware is current. I don’t want to send it back and wait  
I  just got it!

Did you get this sorted or have you returned it? My Mini 4 drifted to the left so badly especially at night I've returned it. The Mini 3 Pro has none of these issues.

Come on DJI a new model is supposed to be an upgrade not a downgrade. I know some people don't have this problem but there are a lot of people I have spoken to that do.
2023-10-25
Use props
BlairAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

For any end user experiencing un-commanded yaw movement / turning when flying straight with a Mini 3/4 Pro, do these calibrations precisely in this sequence: Start controller only (attach phone if it is an RC-N2)
2. Open 3 dot menu "Control" tab.
3. FOR RC-2, scroll to RC Calibration, run it, move every control through it's range of motion, move the 2 jog dials to each extreme 2x
4. NOW power up the Aircraft and, with the arms folded do a precise IMU Calibration and Compass Calibration
from the Safety tab. Do NOT do Compass Calibration indoors, over concrete with rebar, near a vehicle or anything metal. (Keep the controller several feet away during the calibration.)
5. Go back to Safety tab and perform a Gimbal Calibration with the drone as level as possible.  
6.Restart the drone and controller
Finally, pull down the notification shade, open the Android settings (Hex-Gear Symbol) scroll to Compass and follow the Compass Calibration instructions.  
2023-10-25
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1214869 ft
United States

I haven't had any issues with my mini 4 pro and that controller
It isn't true that the USB on the drone is for charge only as I can access the internal memory using USB
2023-10-25
Use props
ArcaneXVI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499951 ft

United States

Chiming in here as I've been playing with my Mini Pro 4 and Assistant does definitely detect it but the drone must be powered on. If you don't power on the drone, it'll just be detected as a storage device. Hope that helps!

2023-10-25
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

BlairAir Posted at 10-25 11:46
For any end user experiencing un-commanded yaw movement / turning when flying straight with a Mini 3/4 Pro, do these calibrations precisely in this sequence: Start controller only (attach phone if it is an RC-N2)
2. Open 3 dot menu "Control" tab.
3. FOR RC-2, scroll to RC Calibration, run it, move every control through it's range of motion, move the 2 jog dials to each extreme 2x

These were the first things I did and I did them in that sequence a few times. I always stand in the middle of a grassy lawn to calibrate the compass holding the drone at arms length.  DJI have admitted in a statement to me that this is an issue with the Mini 4 Pro and to not expect it to fly like the Mini 3 which doesn't suffer from this problem. Please see their response below.

Good day! Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.

Thank you for getting back to us. I hope you are doing great.

We have verified further with the engineers and as mentioned before this, the vision sensors of DJI Mini 4 Pro is not available at night which may cause the drifting issues. Apart from that, in a low-light environment, the vision system may not achieve optimal positioning performance. You may refer to the User Manual for more information regarding this. I have attached it in the e-mail.

Furthermore, I understand that the DJI Mini 3 Pro can hover without drifting but I would like to humbly set your expectation that different models have different designs and they are not comparable. I am deeply sorry for this.
2023-10-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Prototype_uk Posted at 10-26 01:19
These were the first things I did and I did them in that sequence a few times. I always stand in the middle of a grassy lawn to calibrate the compass holding the drone at arms length.  DJI have admitted in a statement to me that this is an issue with the Mini 4 Pro and to not expect it to fly like the Mini 3 which doesn't suffer from this problem. Please see their response below.

I always stand in the middle of a grassy lawn to calibrate the compass holding the drone at arms length.
Why are you calibrating the compass?
There's normally no need to ever calibrate the compass.
2023-10-26
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

tboegle Posted at 9-28 20:42
now that you mention it the drone did seem kinda hot to me, especially for just sitting there on my desk trying to pair. maybe thats part of the issue, fried electronics/battery?

The mini 4 pro, like the MIni 3 pro, has no fan so when you are updating firmware or otherwise having it just sit and run you should get a little fan on it, otherwise if it gets hot enough it will just shut down to protect itself. I've had that happen.
2023-10-27
Use props
Mynah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3034081 ft
South Africa

Potato mini Posted at 9-27 15:58
DJI assistant 2 won't recognize the drone because the Mini 4 pro port is only for charging. not sure why though

Like previously mentioned: You might want to re-check your information source, assistant works fine for Mini 4 Pro and RC-N2 controller.  Drone must be powered up, if not, the PC will only see it as an external memory device, (nice for quick downloads) and the drone battery will charge via the USB port.
2023-10-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Mynah Posted at 10-27 07:01
Like previously mentioned: You might want to re-check your information source, assistant works fine for Mini 4 Pro and RC-N2 controller.  Drone must be powered up, if not, the PC will only see it as an external memory device, (nice for quick downloads) and the drone battery will charge via the USB port.

my bad. I posted that when it was brand-new and details were sketchy
2023-10-27
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Prototype_uk Posted at 10-26 01:19

Not directly admitting the mini 4 pro has that issue compared to the mini 3 pro.
2023-10-27
Use props
C “Savetheplanet” Machado
New
United States

JeremyB31 Posted at 10-25 14:54
I haven't had any issues with my mini 4 pro and that controller
It isn't true that the USB on the drone is for charge only as I can access the internal memory using USB

Hello Friend, can you help me by answering a quick question. My drone doesn't respond to any commands from my controller. Also, sensors forward, backward, up and down are not available. I never use or operate the drone before is brand new. All updates completed. Any ideas ?
2023-11-30
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1214869 ft
United States

C “Savetheplanet” Machado Posted at 11-30 09:04
Hello Friend, can you help me by answering a quick question. My drone doesn't respond to any commands from my controller. Also, sensors forward, backward, up and down are not available. I never use or operate the drone before is brand new. All updates completed. Any ideas ?

Did you charge the battery to activate it?
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

C “Savetheplanet” Machado Posted at 11-30 09:04

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. May I know what is the model of your drone and controller? Are you getting an error message from your screen? A screenshot or screen recording would also be perfect. Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-2
Use props
damiencooke
New
Flight distance : 80823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chsarging issue
3-1 04:24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for joining this thread. Are you experiencing charging issues with your unit? Please confirm what specific DJI product you own gives you the issue. Also, please tell us more details with a short video showing the issue. Keep us posted.
3-1 21:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules