Phantom 4 Pro terrible range (need help)
322 5 2023-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdamD1122
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11663 ft
United States

Hi.
I have a Phantom 4 Pro (ver 1). The range used to be amazing and rather suddenly it dropped to very poor, like a 1/2 mile. Anyway, I researched this on this forum and it was suggested that I repair the controller to the drone. I did all that and it worked. I initially the range did improve, but nothing like it once was (8000 feet easy). It's was short lived and I can't get down the block without it loosing its signal and wanting to come home.

Anyway, is there anything I can do to get the range back? It's borderline useless the way it is now.

Do the electronics "wear out" overtime? IDK... shouldn't but any ideas on a fix would be great!
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the issue happens in a different location? Ensure that the aircraft is flying within the optimal transmission zone. To achieve the best transmission performance, maintain the appropriate relationship between the operator and the aircraft. You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-27
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Hello.

Yes. This happens in different areas with the same results. And yes I do position the attenats as shows and m always moving to face the drone.
2023-9-27
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Any ideas anyone?
2023-9-29
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

AdamD1122 Posted at 2023-9-29 20:15
Any ideas anyone?

I have had exactly the same issue with my Phantom 4 pros. Like yours mine used to be amazing. Plenty of range to operate really well within visual line of sight. Now I start getting a green screen at a couple hundred yards. I sure wish somebody could pipe in with a solution. If I had changed firmware or anything at all, then there would be something to work with, but I haven’t for a very long time.
1-4 12:43
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Can someone from DJI response to our problem?

Are there any users out there who have fixed this problem?
1-4 17:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules