1565 18 2023-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is my understanding that so far, the RC Pro is not compatible with the Mini 4 Pro?

If that is the case, I hope DJI will address that issue with a firmware update.

Anyone  at DJI like to comment?

Thanks in advance.

2023-9-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you are correct, currently not compatible.

it's not an "issue" since there are two perfectly good remote controllers that work with the mini 4 pro.  every mini 4 pro drone sold comes with one compatible rc so everyone should have one.  nice to have but certainly not an "issue."
2023-9-28
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

The issues is is that the rc pro uses O3. The Mini 4 pro uses O4.
2023-9-28
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Most likely this will never happen...... I have the RC Pro that I use with my Mavic 3 Pro Mini 3 Pro and the Air 2S.....  I am going to buy the Mini 4 Pro with the RCN-2 controller because I want to use it with my Apple 15 Pro Max which has a  2000 Nits display. Sure the display may dim when it gets hot but I'm guessing it won't go below 1000 nits.
2023-9-28
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MHM Posted at 9-28 14:47
Most likely this will never happen...... I have the RC Pro that I use with my Mavic 3 Pro Mini 3 Pro and the Air 2S.....  I am going to buy the Mini 4 Pro with the RCN-2 controller because I want to use it with my Apple 15 Pro Max which has a  2000 Nits display. Sure the display may dim when it gets hot but I'm guessing it won't go below 1000 nits.

Yeah, the brightness is my concern too.  Although I don't like to use a mobile device and prefer a built in screen all-in-one approach.  I'm wonder why the didn't make the RC2 at minimum 1000nits.  Perhaps their game, as usual, is to come out with a RC Pro 2 that is compatible would be my guess.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, geoffz. Currently, Mini 4 Pro and RC Pro are not compatible and regretfully, we don't have any information yet about their compatibility. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-28
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-28 16:09
Hi, geoffz. Currently, Mini 4 Pro and RC Pro are not compatible and regretfully, we don't have any information yet about their compatibility. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.

The RC Pro not being compatible and the RC2 with only 700 nits brightness really leaves a gap in outdoor visibility.  I have the original RC that came with the Mini 3 Pro and when comparing the RC Pro, I can noticeable see the difference.  I can't see DJI upgrading the RC Pro because its OS3 but I can see DJI coming out with a RC Pro 2 forcing the consumer into a costly upgrade if they want a brighter screen.  I miss the days when I used my 1200 nit Crystal Sky!
2023-9-28
Use props
fans62b0ef01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4913310 ft
United States

Comparing using the RC Pro with the Air 2s in comparison with the Mini 3p and RC: The ease of transport, quick setup and quicker obtaining flight clearance due to weight category make the Mini 3p the one I take everywhere, absolutely everywhere as one is more likely going to be able to fly.
The downside I find with the RC is that it is very slow!!  1.) the frustrating lag and difficulty pairing with my phone for internet access to obtain flight clearance. 2.) The lag in heading change showing on the RC display 3.) No 'Back' button to navigate between 'pages'. The touch-screen really is   s l o w.

It sounds like a Mini 4p combined with an RCPro sounds like an ideal combination.

Finally .... my Questions:
a.) Does the RC-2 suffer the same lag / delay as its predecessor or has it been improved?
b.) Are there any tips for quicker navigation back and forth between the 'pages', eg from GoFly to Wi-Fi or Settings ?
2023-9-29
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans62b0ef01 Posted at 9-29 08:44
Comparing using the RC Pro with the Air 2s in comparison with the Mini 3p and RC: The ease of transport, quick setup and quicker obtaining flight clearance due to weight category make the Mini 3p the one I take everywhere, absolutely everywhere as one is more likely going to be able to fly.
The downside I find with the RC is that it is very slow!!  1.) the frustrating lag and difficulty pairing with my phone for internet access to obtain flight clearance. 2.) The lag in heading change showing on the RC display 3.) No 'Back' button to navigate between 'pages'. The touch-screen really is   s l o w.

I agree about all the advantages of flying the Mini 3 Pro and all the downsides of the RC. As well as only 700nits (why they didn't up the RC2 to 1000?), plus not HDMI out on the RC or app compatibility.  Of course the RC2 is OS4 so it's not compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  Perhaps someone who flies the A2S can comment on the RC2.  I suspect its much improved.
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans62b0ef01 Posted at 9-29 08:44
Comparing using the RC Pro with the Air 2s in comparison with the Mini 3p and RC: The ease of transport, quick setup and quicker obtaining flight clearance due to weight category make the Mini 3p the one I take everywhere, absolutely everywhere as one is more likely going to be able to fly.
The downside I find with the RC is that it is very slow!!  1.) the frustrating lag and difficulty pairing with my phone for internet access to obtain flight clearance. 2.) The lag in heading change showing on the RC display 3.) No 'Back' button to navigate between 'pages'. The touch-screen really is   s l o w.

Does the RC-2 suffer the same lag / delay as its predecessor or has it been improved?

My RC2 suffers the same lag/delay as the RC.  If you put them side by side and boot at identical same time they will bring up Fly App at almost identical times.  Now boot up my RC Pro next to either one and the RC Pro is a gazelle and the RC or RC2 is a turtle.  
2023-9-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

MHM Posted at 9-28 14:47

I use the RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S and Mavic 3 as well sometimes. I purchased the Air 3 when it came out and purchased it with the RC 2 (screen) and just picked up the Mini 4 Pro with the RC N2. This way, I can fly the Mini 4 Pro with either the RC N2 or RC 2 and the same with my Air 3. Wow, that was a mouthful.
2023-9-29
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8367569 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 09:37
Does the RC-2 suffer the same lag / delay as its predecessor or has it been improved?

My RC2 suffers the same lag/delay as the RC.  If you put them side by side and boot at identical same time they will bring up Fly App at almost identical times.  Now boot up my RC Pro next to either one and the RC Pro is a gazelle and the RC or RC2 is a turtle.

In my case boot up to Fly app is RC2 booting faster compared to RC Pro!
2023-9-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 9-28 15:58
Yeah, the brightness is my concern too.  Although I don't like to use a mobile device and prefer a built in screen all-in-one approach.  I'm wonder why the didn't make the RC2 at minimum 1000nits.  Perhaps their game, as usual, is to come out with a RC Pro 2 that is compatible would be my guess.

An RC Pro 2 will be much appreciated!
2023-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Iczeman Posted at 9-30 04:49

Interesting.  I just tested mine again in a side by side boot test and the RC Pro booted twice as fast as the RC2.  No doubt the RC Pro has a better processor so it should boot faster.  There will probably always be the anomaly out there though.  Happy that your RC2 boots fast and sure wish mine would.
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Iczeman Posted at 9-30 04:49

Seems mysterious to me, I mean that RC2 boots faster than RC1 I can understand but that RC2 should boot even faster than RC Pro is somehow strange. Maybe test again with both (RC2 & RC Pro) and both before fully charge and both remove the memory cards and delete the stored contents on the remotes.
2023-10-1
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 9-29 14:12
I use the RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S and Mavic 3 as well sometimes. I purchased the Air 3 when it came out and purchased it with the RC 2 (screen) and just picked up the Mini 4 Pro with the RC N2. This way, I can fly the Mini 4 Pro with either the RC N2 or RC 2 and the same with my Air 3. Wow, that was a mouthful.

You now have the best of both worlds….
2023-10-1
Use props
Barnesy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226132 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 9-28 14:40

it's not an "issue" since there are two perfectly good remote controllers that work with the mini 4 pro.  every mini 4 pro drone sold comes with one compatible rc so everyone should have one.  nice to have but certainly not an "issue."

It's an issue for those of us who have to give a video out feed to the rest of the crew or even have a client monitor. The RC pro has the hdmi out
2023-10-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Barnesy Posted at 10-24 07:08
It's an issue for those of us who have to give a video out feed to the rest of the crew or even have a client monitor. The RC pro has the hdmi out

have you tried this?

2023-10-24
Use props
djiuser_D79c9Eg5dYYx
lvl.1

Philippines

The Saint Posted at 9-28 14:40

it's not an "issue" since there are two perfectly good remote controllers that work with the mini 4 pro.  every mini 4 pro drone sold comes with one compatible rc so everyone should have one.  nice to have but certainly not an "issue."

the problem is that you cannot use Lichti and DJI Fly.  The RC Pro driver allows you to install both software
2023-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules