No Remote ID on the Mini 4 Pro?
12278 26 2023-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AshLovesBacon
New
United States

I just got my Mini 4 Pro delivered today and spent the afternoon charging batteries, updating firmware and registering with the FAA.  I'm a 107 pilot and I plan to use the Mini 4 Pro for weddings and other events.  I could not see my drone on a remote ID scanner when I tried to do my first flight.  I'm wondering if the Mini 4 Pro has remote ID at all.  I can't find any official documentation from DJI that states that it does.  Moreover,  the FAA DOES NOT have the Mini 4 Pro listed in their Declaration of Compliance database.  The Mini Pro 3 is but the 4 isn't?  Does anyone have more info one this?
2023-9-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Page 114 of the manual.
2023-9-28
Use props
AshLovesBacon
New
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-28 17:18
Page 114 of the manual.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!  I'm not sure how I missed it in the manual, I guess I'm getting old.  Thanks again.
2023-9-28
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

BTW, if you are using a drone scanning app on an iPhone, you will probably not see it.  iPhone has limitations to how apps can use wifi and BT.  I could never see my Avata and mini 3 pro on my iPhone, but very easily see it on my Pixel 7.
2023-9-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

AshLovesBacon Posted at 9-28 17:50
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!  I'm not sure how I missed it in the manual, I guess I'm getting old.  Thanks again.

They elegantly hide things on darn near the last page of the manual.  : )

By the time I get halfway through, I need a break and will not remember it anyways.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AshLovesBacon. Congrats on your new Mini 4 Pro! TonyPHX has provided you with the correct answer. Rest assured that the firmware of the Mini 4 Pro is FAA RID compliant, please feel free to use it. You might not see this yet on the FAA website but they will update the list later on. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-9-28
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-28 20:23
Hi, AshLovesBacon. Congrats on your new Mini 4 Pro! TonyPHX has provided you with the correct answer. Rest assured that the firmware of the Mini 4 Pro is FAA RID compliant, please feel free to use it. You might not see this yet on the FAA website but they will update the list later on. Thank you for your continued support.

FYI, until it appears on the FAA DOC site, part 107 pilots may not technically be compliant so insurance companies may not cover you if you need to make a claim.

As usual insurances will use any trick to reject you
2023-9-29
Use props
Duncan Gatland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14518 ft
France

Required by FAA. EASA don't require for Drones below 800 grams.

The question is, what happens in EU Countries. By way of example, USA purchased drone flying in EU.

EU purchased drone to be flown in USA?

2023-10-2
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

A1C Posted at 9-29 03:55
FYI, until it appears on the FAA DOC site, part 107 pilots may not technically be compliant so insurance companies may not cover you if you need to make a claim.

As usual insurances will use any trick to reject you

Which is why any competent 107 pilot would contact their insurance company prior to ASSuming.  
2023-10-2
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-2 10:34
Which is why any competent 107 pilot would contact their insurance company prior to ASSuming.

Bingo.  Figured this was a PSA for those that don't.  I hate the rule, but I hate having to pay because they won't cover me more.
2023-10-2
Use props
DroJunkie
lvl.2

United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-2 10:34

“Competent” 107 pilots is the clue!
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_z72crGFhfsGY
lvl.1

United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-28 17:18
Page 114 of the manual.

Manual? Which manual are we talking about? I am lost and in the same situation. Just got my mini 4pro and no remote id info in it.
2023-10-27
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_z72crGFhfsGY Posted at 10-27 11:12
Manual? Which manual are we talking about? I am lost and in the same situation. Just got my mini 4pro and no remote id info in it.

User's manual just states that Remote ID is supported and built-in.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

If you're intending to register as part 107, the remote ID should be 20 characters total. This means using the RID suffix "1581F" + aircraft SN/flight controller SN. To view your SN info, it will be listed in the About - Serial Number section in the Fly app or controller.
2023-10-27
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Seems why we have the FAA stepping in to regulate all this stuff.
People don't spend time reading a manual to understand the device they just purchased let alone before it was purchased.
This is the kind of non-sene that causes the FAA to step in and regulate.

2023-10-27
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Duncan Gatland Posted at 10-2 10:17
Required by FAA. EASA don't require for Drones below 800 grams.

The question is, what happens in EU Countries. By way of example, USA purchased drone flying in EU.

For the EU remote ID is not mandatory for drones in C0 weighing below 250 gram.

Furthermore The Remote ID settings are not available in de Fly app.

And while FAR Remote ID Compliance Information is mentioned in the manual of the English version, I checked two manuals in EU spoken languages, and it is not mentioned at all.

2023-11-7
Use props
ArcaneXVI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499951 ft

United States

LoSBoL Posted at 11-7 01:18

The app does warn you when RID isn't working correctly though. I tend to turn my controller on well before my drone (as it takes longer to boot, if I'm at home, the controller I'll turn on while I'm inside) and see a brief Remote ID warning as the drone is still going through it's bootup but the controller is connected to the drone. I assume if RID was actually not working correctly that this warning would reappear and stay on-screen.
2023-11-7
Use props
Joe Cavalluzzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20098 ft
United States

Question If I add a strobe to fly at night do I need to Remote ID? I just registered the drone. I am not a 107. Thanks from a new Dronie
1-2 10:03
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

LoSBoL Posted at 2023-11-7 01:18

In BE, RiD is mandatory if you plan on flying in any CTR/VLL even for C0...
1-4 01:50
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2023-11-7 01:18

The law is changing soon. All drones with a camera - including sub-249g and legacy drones - will have to fly with RID. For some legacy drones that will require an add-on module.
1-4 07:25
Use props
RichDY
New
Flight distance : 6841 ft

United States

So, I am still confused.  I can't find the FAA required labeling on the exterior of my Mini 4 Pro purchased in mid-October 2023.  Will DJI be providing the required label??

§ 89.525 Labeling.

(a) No person may produce a standard remote identification unmanned aircraft under § 89.515 unless it displays a label indicating that the unmanned aircraft meets the requirements of this part. The label must be in English and be legible, prominent, and permanently affixed to the unmanned aircraft.

(b) No person may produce a remote identification broadcast module under § 89.520 unless it displays a label indicating that the equipment meets the requirements of this part. The label must be in English and be legible, prominent, and permanently affixed to the broadcast module.
1-4 13:35
Use props
djiuser_MsB1BZFv9pyO
New

United States

RichDY Posted at 1-4 13:35
So, I am still confused.  I can't find the FAA required labeling on the exterior of my Mini 4 Pro purchased in mid-October 2023.  Will DJI be providing the required label??

§ 89.525 Labeling.

I think you have to get a sticker or something that has your drone's SN on it. Don't legally quote me on that though...
1-5 16:18
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:34
Use props
Mobroyoyo
New

United States

djiuser_MsB1BZFv9pyO Posted at 1-5 16:18
I think you have to get a sticker or something that has your drone's SN on it. Don't legally quote me on that though...

Scratch that, you have to use your drone's SN to get a registration number via FAA Drone Zone and put THAT on your drone somewhere visible. you can get free stickers through Pilot Institute
1-7 15:29
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations! Yes, RID is built-In on the m4p. The declaration issues are being resolved, don't worry. If you Google the issue, you'll find several articles that will bore you about it. Enjoy your new camera platform!
1-7 16:13
Use props
ChrisOscar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46283 ft
Belgium

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-4 01:50
In BE, RiD is mandatory if you plan on flying in any CTR/VLL even for C0...

Anyone knows when it will be possible to enter the remote id info in the DJI Fly app for the Mini 4 pro? E.g. the operator-id?
Right now in EU the dji fly app doesn’t allow you to register this info! Although when flying in e.g. a VLL2 zone in Belgium, this is required!!!
1-23 22:00
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

ChrisOscar Posted at 1-23 22:00
Anyone knows when it will be possible to enter the remote id info in the DJI Fly app for the Mini 4 pro? E.g. the operator-id?
Right now in EU the dji fly app doesn’t allow you to register this info! Although when flying in e.g. a VLL2 zone in Belgium, this is required!!!

No one knows...you have to use an external module at this point. Or contact DGLV and ask them to delay the Rid as they did in NL. ( good luck with that )
1-24 00:18
Use props
djiuser_C78MQSjcdy3E
lvl.1

United States

The Mini 4 Pro only broadcasts RID when equipped with the Plus batteries
3-3 13:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules