12Next >
7155 56 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

I've recently upgraded to the iPhone 15, which as we know has a USB-C port now over the lightning port. So I swapped cables for conenction to controller, official DJI from the box, never used. went on a test flight on MM, and I kept getting "RC Dsiconnected" errors, plugging in/out it connected again. Both ends were in secure.

Been on to DJI support , who just came out with the official supported devices, and obvoiusly the 15 series isn't on there. The app opens connects etc fine.

Anyone else got a iPhone 15 series and tried?
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry about the trouble. Does your have a protective case? If so. does the issue still persist even when it's removed? Also please try to disconnect and reconnect the cable, and then check whether the remote controller is connected to the mobile phone. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
When using the RC-N1 remote controller, we need to confirm that the cable is connected to the correct port (need to use the connection port for the phone's connection) as the below picture:

In addition, please try to plug in one end of the cable normally and upside down for further try:

If the issue still shows. Please restart the remote controller and try again.
Some mobile phones will generally prompt the user to select the connection method after attaching the USB cable. For most devices, select “Charge only”. For some devices, select “Transfer files”. You can switch between these two modes to check the connection. Also, please try to back up all important data in the app, then uninstall and reinstall the app, restart the mobile phone, and try to connect again. Please, reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day.
2023-9-29
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 9-29 21:23
Hi, I'm sorry about the trouble. Does your have a protective case? If so. does the issue still persist even when it's removed? Also please try to disconnect and reconnect the cable, and then check whether the remote controller is connected to the mobile phone. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
When using the RC-N1 remote controller, we need to confirm that the cable is connected to the correct port (need to use the connection port for the phone's connection) as the below picture:
[view_image]

Hi this is for Mini 1, haven’t tried on mini 2 yet.

The cable is the official DJI from box. There’s only 1 way it can go in on controller as it’s MicroSD. The USB-C end because of orientation can only go one way otherwise it will be twisted.

When testing flying, unplugging and re plugging it reconnected, but again disconnected during flight. I had to keep doing this.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MM_fly Posted at 9-30 00:52
Hi this is for Mini 1, haven’t tried on mini 2 yet.

The cable is the official DJI from box. There’s only 1 way it can go in on controller as it’s MicroSD. The USB-C end because of orientation can only go one way otherwise it will be twisted.

Hello, MM_fly. If you're experiencing the issue even when using a different phone, we suggest sending the remote controller for repair. You can submit a request here: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index
If it's just the phone it can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-30
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 9-30 01:19
Hello, MM_fly. If you're experiencing the issue even when using a different phone, we suggest sending the remote controller for repair. You can submit a request here: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index
If it's just the phone it can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

The controller worked fine with last iPhone 14, lightning connector.

The iPhone 15 now have USB-C connectors, this is the difference. DJI site hasn’t updated official compatibility for iPhone 15 yet. But being the biggest market for iPhones, I would hope soon it is updated, tested, and if necessary a firmware update for controllers is pushed out.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MM_fly Posted at 9-30 01:24
The controller worked fine with last iPhone 14, lightning connector.

The iPhone 15 now have USB-C connectors, this is the difference. DJI site hasn’t updated official compatibility for iPhone 15 yet. But being the biggest market for iPhones, I would hope soon it is updated, tested, and if necessary a firmware update for controllers is pushed out.

I understand the inconvenience. I sent you a message. Please, kindly check your inbox. I appreciate your patience.
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_30QJSXVwIrgl
New
United States

Same issue. It charges my phone and says RC disconnected from phone. Unable to use the drone
2023-9-30
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_30QJSXVwIrgl Posted at 9-30 08:29
Same issue. It charges my phone and says RC disconnected from phone. Unable to use the drone

What model? Glad not just me.

The new 15 series have the option of reverse charging from iPhone to a device, eg headphones etc. I wonder if this is what’s happening? There’s no option to not charge it.
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_uJiT4OrYzndH
lvl.1
Australia

Same issue for me!
DJI Mavic Pro 2 won't connect and starts to charge my remote.

I also get this pop up message in the app.
‘ Cannot Use Accessory
This accessory uses too much power ‘
IMG_6882.png
2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uJiT4OrYzndH Posted at 10-1 05:19
Same issue for me! DJI Mavic Pro 2 won't connect and starts to charge my remote.

"DJI Mavic Pro 2 won't connect and starts to charge my remote." would you care to explain that ?
2023-10-1
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It’s Apple new “feature” as in it allows charging output from iPhone to another device, say headphones.

However it’s causing problems with DJI drones. I believe Android has an option to charge or not, whereas iPhone just picks itself what to do.

Hopefully DJI fix this asap
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_uJiT4OrYzndH
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-1 05:54
"DJI Mavic Pro 2 won't connect and starts to charge my remote." would you care to explain that ?

IPhone 15 pro won't connect to my drone. (Mavic Pro 2)
Keep getting the message - ‘Cannot Use Accessory
This accessory uses too much power’
The remote then begins to use my phone like a power bank and starts to charge itself.
2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you literally trying to connect the phone to your m2p via USB cable? If so why?

How is the phone simultaneously physically connected to the controller?

Can you post a photo or diagram showing what connections you are attempting to make?
2023-10-1
Use props
Stefan Young
lvl.1
Australia

The phone is connected to the remote control not drone.
The phone isn't connecting to the app. It just charges the remote instead.
2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EDIT For clarity this response is in reply to djiuser_uJiT4OrYzndH who is probably also Stefan Young
Having seen that photo.

Are you using a controller-to-phone cable from something like an RC231 or RC-N1 controller with, at a guess, a micro USB type B plug on one end and a USB-C plug on the other end. You are certainly NOT using any of the std controller-to-phone cables supplied with the M2P.
If so then I suspect/am-sure that that is the problem.

The plug going into the side socket of the controller MUST be an "OTG" plug - meaning it has an odd, internal interconnection between two terminals in the plug that is NOT FOUND in a normal micro USB type B plug. The type B plug is the older 'norm' for Android phone connections.
If you are using the cable I ask about then it is possible that the USB-C plug is "OTG" and essentially the cable is being used the wrong way around but I DO NOT KNOW if "OTG" is applicable to USB-C.

The socket on the side of the controller is a USB type A socket ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB ) but obviously accepts both micro USB type A & type B plugs*,
DO NOT force a plug of any sort into that side socket, you can effectively kill the controller if you damage the socket.

There are two possible solutions
1) Buy a genuine DJI controller to phone cabe or a pattern/after-market cable but ENSURE that the latter is an OTG cable. Or
2) disconnect the cabe from the controller's side port and connect a std USB type A to whatever cable to the port between the controller's arm and connect the other end of that cable to your phone.

*If you go the pattern cable route BE SURE to fit the plug THE CORRECT WAY UP into the controller's side socket, if you try to force a wrong-way-up plug into the controller's side socket or the wrong type of plug into the controller's side socket then you are quite likely to break the socket and effectively kill the controller.

2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uJiT4OrYzndH Posted at 10-1 06:30
IPhone 15 pro won't connect to my drone. (Mavic Pro 2)
Keep getting the message - ‘Cannot Use Accessory
This accessory uses too much power’

Having seen your set up I would point out some confusing 'mistakes' in your wording/phrasing.
The phone does not connect directly to the drone, the phone connects the the controller and the controller connects to the drone.
Alternatively it could be said that the phone connects to the drone via the controller.
2023-10-2
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I’m using the official DJI cables
2023-10-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM_fly Posted at 10-2 00:33
I’m using the official DJI cables

Have you checked that you have the controller-to-phone cable the correct way around?
From memory, with the USB-C to USB-C cable, one plug has a controller like symbol on its outer face. I DO NOT know if there is a difference between the two USB-C plugs.
2023-10-2
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-2 07:30
Have you checked that you have the controller-to-phone cable the correct way around?
From memory, with the USB-C to USB-C cable, one plug has a controller like symbol on its outer face. I DO NOT know if there is a difference between the two USB-C plugs.
Yes one end has 2 little dots on, that goes in the controller.

It’s wide spread, the issue with the iPhone 15 series charging issues. Example the 15 is actually charging some power banks when it should be the other way around obviously!

This DJI problem seems to be similar whereas the iPhone 15 is identifying the controller and trying to charge it.

Needs sorting by Apple and DJI asap.
2023-10-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM_fly Posted at 10-2 07:33
Yes one end has 2 little dots on, that goes in the controller.

It’s wide spread, the issue with the iPhone 15 series charging issues. Example the 15 is actually charging some power banks when it should be the other way around obviously!

Just out of curiosity, does it make a difference if you swap the plugs around, so that the controller plug is in the phone?
2023-10-2
Use props
fans01757322
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the exact same issue-I plug in my iphone 15 using the DJI branded cable I had to order thinking it was a cable issue ( I found a micro usb to usbc on amazon) and my phone starts charging the remote resulting in the accessory "using too much power" notice and I can't use my drone. DJI needs to fix this asap
2023-10-4
Use props
Annietex
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-30 01:27
I understand the inconvenience. I sent you a message. Please, kindly check your inbox. I appreciate your patience.

Would you send me a message as well?
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Annietex Posted at 10-4 17:59
Would you send me a message as well?

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. I sent MM_fly a message to ask for some information about the new iPhone 15 and relay the issue to the related team to request for the model to be optimized for compatibility. Are you having the same issue?
2023-10-7
Use props
Annietex
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-7 00:52
Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. I sent MM_fly a message to ask for some information about the new iPhone 15 and relay the issue to the related team to request for the model to be optimized for compatibility. Are you having the same issue?

Yes I am, but I've found a temporary workaround
2023-10-7
Use props
Annietex
lvl.1
United States

WORKAROUND FOUND!

I ordered an adapter from Amazon (female lightning to male usbc) and it "blocked " the ability to charge the remote from my phone and I'm able to use it now. Link to what I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BTDLJYRS?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image
2023-10-7
Use props
Annietex
lvl.1
United States

Same issue for me!

See my workaround post!
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Annietex Posted at 10-7 11:36
Yes I am, but I've found a temporary workaround

Awesome. I'm glad you found a temporary fix to use your remote with your phone. This will definitely help the other users having the same issue. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-7
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Has this been sorted yet? As in fixed, not having to by an adapter to workaround for now?
2023-10-12
Use props
harrigonsa
New
Flight distance : 1070614 ft
Colombia

Tengo el Mavic Air 2 he inicialmente tuve el problema con el cable "Android" que trae el RC, pero finalmente conecte el cable original del iPhone 15 pro y funciono perfectamente, al parecer los cables comunes de "Android" no funcionan en este iPhone 15 pro.

Saludos.
2023-10-20
Use props
djiuser_TFUEhMHGmeAY
New
Flight distance : 1362 ft
United States

fans01757322 Posted at 10-4 16:49
I'm having the exact same issue-I plug in my iphone 15 using the DJI branded cable I had to order thinking it was a cable issue ( I found a micro usb to usbc on amazon) and my phone starts charging the remote resulting in the accessory "using too much power" notice and I can't use my drone. DJI needs to fix this asap

I am also having the same issue
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_yS8Z5QrgOFZ2
New
Flight distance : 10810 ft
United States

I would like to use my drone that I paid a lot of money for. Is there an adapter for the iPhone 15?
2023-10-26
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Has this been sorted yet? I haven’t had a chance to try and fly again and test. To be honest I’m nervous as don’t want to lose/crash my drone with the disconnections.

The DJI fly app has had a few updates since, but none mention this issue
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_afRqG5kV8ndp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1199157 ft
Greece

does the new controller RC2 have this issue?

It happened to me as well
I use the mini 2 drone. Strangely Ive managed to conduct my first flight with the iPhone 15 without any disconnection errors but from the following flight not a slight connection was possible.
The only interaction my phone has with the RC is the charge notification that disconnects and reconnects every 2 seconds.  
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_ipMclwum4azk
New

Mauritius

Got the same issue here on a iPhone 15 pro max. Hopefully DJI fix this issue asap as my drone is useless now. Very annoying!!!
2023-11-8
Use props
fanse6aa5a08
New

United States

I have the same issue.  It's a bummer.  
2023-11-12
Use props
fanse6aa5a08
New

United States

Same issue for me!

I'm having the same issue with my Mavic 2
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_PwWu1firnanh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22969 ft
United States

Same problem for me! Been waiting on an update from DJI, have they acknowledged they are working on something?
2023-11-21
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Everyone needs to email/chat to DJI to complain as sometimes people report in forums but that doesn’t filter through as it’s just users.

I’ve reported months ago now via chat. Poor show really, it’s nearing end of November now. 15 series been out since Sep
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_p623zXoHBVO5
New

United States

How about cut power wire in usb-c cable so it can’t reverse charge. Leave data pins and ground alone.
2023-12-8
Use props
djiuser_YuxYiXXe76UI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just got my new iPhone 15 pro max, and now my drone is grounded.

Not very good at all.

What can you do to help please DJI??
2023-12-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules