Mini 4 Pro, Where is Remote id Serial number??
5590 13 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N-Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, i just got my Mini 4 Pro with Rc2 controller... i know where to find remote id  serial number on the ABOUT section on the dji fly app settings where you see all the serial numbers ect.

BUT, The remote id serial number is not on the list? why? , i now this aircraft is remote id compliant but i cant register it on the FAA website if i cant see the RID serial number.

will this be available/fixed with future update?

i have all the latest firmware. i have the controller connected wifi to my phone.

thanks in advance.
2023-9-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use the controller/aircraft serial #. It will start with "1581F."
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RID is usually the same as the flight controller serial,    once its registered at https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listdocs you can check the serial range DJI have submitted,  but sadly its not yet in the FAA database.
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS this video explains the process

2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_PQhMcDIH14Zf
lvl.2
United States

It is the drone serial number.  I looked this up last night and found the information under the Mini 3 pro google search.
2023-9-29
Use props
N-Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330092 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK Thanks Everyone ... i was worried for a minuite .
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Awesome, seems like it's already answered. For aircraft with a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F), The Remote ID serial number is the same as the drone serial number and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. If you need further help, you can always reach back. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-29
Use props
Katdlc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-29 21:06
Awesome, seems like it's already answered. For aircraft with a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F), The Remote ID serial number is the same as the drone serial number and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. If you need further help, you can always reach back. Have a great day ahead.

DJI Mini 4 Pro Remote ID Serial # to Register and find DOC Document.
My Drone Serial Number cannot be found in the FAA Database -by me at any rate !

The Mini 3 has The FAA Declaration of Compliance for Serial #'s up to 1581F4XF ..
My Mini 4 is in the 1581F6Z ....... range. D.O.C.site doesn't have it there for the Drone, but what about the RC2 Controller? Does anyone know if that has a D.O.C .for the RID ?
It looks like the Mini 4 doesn't have a D.O.C .yet. Can anyone find the RID for the Mini 4 Pro on the Aircraft ? or on the RC2 controller  ?
Also the FAA has extended the Deadline for the Remote ID, but if I want to fly it Part 107, it has to be Registered. To be Registered it needs an FAA RID D.O.C.
It seems that the Mini 4 does have a Built in Standard Remote ID. Does anyone know where to find that documentation or have any advice on how to get this Registered to fly it Part 107?

Thanks for any positive feedback

2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Katdlc Posted at 10-7 17:25
DJI Mini 4 Pro Remote ID Serial # to Register and find DOC Document.
My Drone Serial Number cannot be found in the FAA Database -by me at any rate !

Hello there. The "Serial Number Lookup" is a newly added function by the FAA, and we are currently verifying with the FAA whether this function is compatible with our previously submitted Declaration of Compliance (DOC). Please don’t worry, the DJI models listed in the RID DOC list on the FAA’s official website are all compliant. As for the reasons why you can’t find them via the RID SN, we are communicating with the FAA and seeking further solutions. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-10-7
Use props
Katdlc
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-29 05:10
RID is usually the same as the flight controller serial,    once its registered at https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listdocs you can check the serial range DJI have submitted,  but sadly its not yet in the FAA database.

Yes it's definitely not in the database and you won't see the Remote ID Number in the About section in your Controller that lists the Aircraft and Controller Serial Numbers. The Line that is present in other controllers that is missing in the RC2 drop down about menu is 'Remote ID Serial Number.' The Mini 4 Firmware is not updated to show this yet.
The DJI Miini 3 Declaration of Compliance for its Remote ID was accepted and put up on the FAA SIte in June 2023 and now shows it was again updated October 4, 2023. Nothing at all about the DJI Mini 4
2023-10-7
Use props
fans98f93eaf
lvl.1

United States

Wrong you can use RID without Rerister  the drone of it’s under the limit . I watched Greg pilot institute  on a 3 way video
With FAA Rep . Do not Have To Register it
2023-10-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans98f93eaf Posted at 10-23 17:50
Wrong you can use RID without Rerister  the drone of it’s under the limit . I watched Greg pilot institute  on a 3 way video
With FAA Rep . Do not Have To Register it

I believe this is correct.  As long as you do not use the Mini 3 or Mini 4 for commercial purposes and fly only recreational flights for fun, you do not have to register the drone with the FAA.  The fact that the Mini 3 and the Mini 4 both transmit RID regardless whether it is registered or not is an enigma and only proves the FAA database process is puzzling.  There will be drones that transmit RID and when you go to look up the RID to a registration, it will come back empty because recreational pilots are not required to add drones less than 250g to their inventory which means the RID details will not be recorded.
2023-10-23
Use props
Ashish Mishra1
New

United States

The Saint Posted at 2023-10-23 17:59
I believe this is correct.  As long as you do not use the Mini 3 or Mini 4 for commercial purposes and fly only recreational flights for fun, you do not have to register the drone with the FAA.  The fact that the Mini 3 and the Mini 4 both transmit RID regardless whether it is registered or not is an enigma and only proves the FAA database process is puzzling.  There will be drones that transmit RID and when you go to look up the RID to a registration, it will come back empty because recreational pilots are not required to add drones less than 250g to their inventory which means the RID details will not be recorded.

Not entirely true. If you use plus batteries, you have to register as you will be over 249gm.
2-9 15:19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ashish Mishra1 Posted at 2-9 15:19
Not entirely true. If you use plus batteries, you have to register as you will be over 249gm.

I was responding to someone who was asking about flying a drone which weighs under the limit.  LOL

I could say the same thing.  "not entirely true, if you live in [another country] then you don't have to register any of the mini drones."  but i know what you meant.

and now we have another challenge that wasn't known back in october 2023 when the post was made.  but dji now has mini drones that turn on and off rid depending on what battery you use so now even more questions about whether you need to register it in the usa for rid.
2-9 20:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules