Air 3 RID sticker
783 10 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

There is supposed to be a sticker provided by DJI stating the drone is RID Compliant. Someone said they see it in the battery compartment but I don't see it in my Air 3.

Where is it?

Also, Will the Air 3 get listed on FAA DOC list? When?
2023-9-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is on the sticker in the battery compartment. Very tiny print, hard to see. I had to use the camera on my phone and zoom in with a flash light to see it, but it is there.
2023-9-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is the picture of mine. I think the zoom level I had to use on my camera was like 11 or 12x
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's in there but the print is microminiature small.  Talk about small print this is even super smaller.  I had to do the same thing that JodyB did to find the RID number.  DJI Support said yesterday that they have submitted the documentation to the FAA but it is up to the FAA to review it and post it on their website.  FAA says they haven't received anything so who knows what the real story is.  
2023-9-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I was able to verify with the help of a friend and his android phone and the air sentinel app, the A3 is broadcasting RID in the fashion that the FAA has laid out. The A3 does have it's RID labeling so as far as I know, DJI just needs to get on the ball with sending the FAA their declaration of compliance for their new drones such as the A3 and mini 4 pro. They need to streamline that part of it. But the good news is, we have until March before enforcement would be a real concern because we've done out part with compliance. The issue of DOC is between DJI and the FAA at this point. So like I said, DJI needs to get on the ball.
2023-9-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Apparently the RID# is the same on all DJI drones from what I can tell.
2023-9-29
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-29 07:51
[view_image]

Here is the picture of mine. I think the zoom level I had to use on my camera was like 11 or 12x

Thanks. I saw that in my Air 3 but didn't realize it was the required info.
2023-9-29
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-29 08:04
I was able to verify with the help of a friend and his android phone and the air sentinel app, the A3 is broadcasting RID in the fashion that the FAA has laid out. The A3 does have it's RID labeling so as far as I know, DJI just needs to get on the ball with sending the FAA their declaration of compliance for their new drones such as the A3 and mini 4 pro. They need to streamline that part of it. But the good news is, we have until March before enforcement would be a real concern because we've done out part with compliance. The issue of DOC is between DJI and the FAA at this point. So like I said, DJI needs to get on the ball.

I have been able to see the RID on my Android phone while flying so I know it is transmitting correctly.

I bought the Air 3 because DJI assured me it was RID-compliant. It is so now we wait to see the FAA get it listed.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Remote ID Serial number can be found on the box sticker note, inside the battery compartment (as mentioned by our fellow Captain above), inside the DJI Flight control app, and inside the "Available networks" of the WLAN. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-9-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-29 19:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Remote ID Serial number can be found on the box sticker note, inside the battery compartment (as mentioned by our fellow Captain above), inside the DJI Flight control app, and inside the "Available networks" of the WLAN. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.

While it’s good to have that information that you mentioned available like on the box, the wlan and in the controller settings, that reality is great. But here in the US, the FAA required this information to be permanently affixed to the drone on a sticker. Is the information he was looking for to satisfy the odd event he get stopped in the field by a representative of the FAA or other enforcement agency. This is what I was striving to provide for the OP and hopefully I did just that.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JodyB Posted at 9-30 16:30
While it’s good to have that information that you mentioned available like on the box, the wlan and in the controller settings, that reality is great. But here in the US, the FAA required this information to be permanently affixed to the drone on a sticker. Is the information he was looking for to satisfy the odd event he get stopped in the field by a representative of the FAA or other enforcement agency. This is what I was striving to provide for the OP and hopefully I did just that.

Thank you for also providing the information you posted above, JodyB. If you have any inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules