How many small black screws should be on the drone? One fell out?
646 9 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for reading.  I was pulling my Mini 3 Pro out of its case when one of the very small black screws happened to land in my lap.  I was able to retrieve it.  When I looked at the drone, I can't see where one is missing.  How many are there?  Appears to be the same size/type as in the propeller.  

Each propeller has one in place.  Check.

Turn the drone over, I see a total of 4 small black screws towards the "rear" near each of the propellor arms.

I see no other small black screws.  Should there be another?

I don't know if this was somehow a spare that mistakenly ended up in my bag and this didn't really fall off the drone.

Tried finding this answer elsewhere and can't.  Are there only the above black screws on the drone?  Missing any?

Thank you.
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I looked on my Mini 3 Pro and find 4 small black screws on the bottom of the Mini 3 Pro,

2 each on one side near the drone body on the rear wing arms.

2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please provide us a photo of that specific screw you found so we can confirm it and provide you with an accurate resolution. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-29
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-29 17:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please provide us a photo of that specific screw you found so we can confirm it and provide you with an accurate resolution. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Every photo I take turns out blurry.  Sorry.  It's the same black screw used to keep the propellers in.  I'm starting to think it was just a spare that landed somewhere it should not have.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RamblinMan Posted at 10-1 17:15
Every photo I take turns out blurry.  Sorry.  It's the same black screw used to keep the propellers in.  I'm starting to think it was just a spare that landed somewhere it should not have.

Please check the actual aircraft to see if there is a missing screw. If there is no missing screw on the unit, the screw that you found must be a spare one. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-2
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 22:28
Please check the actual aircraft to see if there is a missing screw. If there is no missing screw on the unit, the screw that you found must be a spare one. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

Respectfully offered, I am wondering if my question was read.  If I saw a missing screw, I would have the answer to my question before posting here.   My question is how many screws are there on the drone.   That should be a simple question for the mfg to answer.  This would help me to make sure I've caught all of the screw locations.  Thank you.
2023-10-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RamblinMan Posted at 10-3 07:59
Respectfully offered, I am wondering if my question was read.  If I saw a missing screw, I would have the answer to my question before posting here.   My question is how many screws are there on the drone.   That should be a simple question for the mfg to answer.  This would help me to make sure I've caught all of the screw locations.  Thank you.

It would almost certainly a useless answer if they told you how many screws there are in the drone, it wouldn't give you any useful information.
For one thing there are most likely different types of screw in the drone in different diameters, threads types and head type with all of them being "small", so what would an answer of say "29" or "97" or "103" tell you?
Your best bet is to look at dismantling videos on perhaps youtube.
2023-10-3
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-3 09:22
It would almost certainly a useless answer if they told you how many screws there are in the drone, it wouldn't give you any useful information.
For one thing there are most likely different types of screw in the drone in different diameters, threads types and head type so what would an answer of say "97" or "103" tell you?
Your best bet is to look at dismantling videos on perhaps youtube.

As I said it was the same screw that is in the propellers I have already narrowed down the type of screw. Knowing if there are others on the outside of the drone would certainly be helpful information.  
2023-10-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RamblinMan Posted at 10-3 09:24
As I said it was the same screw that is in the propellers I have already narrowed down the type of screw. Knowing if there are others on the outside of the drone would certainly be helpful information.

In your opening post you said it "Appears to be the same size/type as in the propeller.", not that " it is the same size/type as in the propeller.  "  
How is someone to know that you have correctly identified the screw's type when you write "appears to be" and subsequently mention what is probably a different type of screw in the same post?

Anyway , my suggestion remains, watch several dismantling videos.
2023-10-3
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-3 10:04
In your opening post you said it "Appears to be the same size/type as in the propeller.", not that " it is the same size/type as in the propeller.  "  
How is someone to know that you have correctly identified the screw's type when you write "appears to be" and subsequently mention what is probably a different type of screw in the same post?

I get what you're saying but...how about this?  Why doesn't someone just answer my question and let me worry about if I got the correct screw type?  If someone doesn't know, they can move along.   Had I posted a picture of it as requested, I would have been told they can't tell from the photograph.   
I actually pointed out the screws I saw and asked if there are any others I'm missing.  Not a hard question.  

I see one person has responded and I think he is probably correct in his count.
2023-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules