A few suggestions
581 6 2023-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

I got the OA4 yesterday via Amazon Warehouse Deal pretty cheap.

So far I'm happy with it. If it is really that big of an upgrade compared to my beloved OA1, I have to test out today first.

There are a few things that bother me already though. I will add new stuff to this Thread, if I find more stuff. Maybe one or another can be fixed in a future Firmware, who knows.

• The startup-time is really a downgrade. The OA1 is twice as fast in recording-mode. This was a big selling-point, when I decided between OA1 and GoPro a few years ago.
The OA4 is basically as slow as the GoPro. Maybe this can be optimized a little?

• There's STILL NO Airplane-Mode? Come on guys, we know, you love collecting data, but why the hell don't you allow to turn off all wireless-connections completely? This would even improve battery-life.

• Also (even if I won't use it that much) the Digital-Zoom is way too slow/unresponsive. Why don't you program it so that the sensitivity matches one finger-slide over the display?
I have to tip and pull 2x with my finger to go from 1x Zoom to 2x Zoom. Would be much better if it was more sensitive.

• Also the Lens-Cover really sucks. The Lens-Flare is really more than just bad. I think you could easily optimize this somehow (I would even buy a special Lens-Cover for it as long as I don't get such an quality-loss compared to shooting without Lens-Cover).

• The haptics of the OA1 also feel much much better in my opinion. The Power On/Off Button on the OA4 has basically no haptic feedback at all. If I use the camera with the plastic-casing, I literally have no pressure-point. But I guess this is something that won't get fixed ever in production.

• OA1 Pictures look much more sharper and more detailed in JPG. The OA4 Pictures look as if there's some artifical Blur Filter going on. Very horrible. Maybe we could get this noise-reduction-feature for Photo-Mode as well please?

• Also in addition to this: a RAW-Only-Mode would be epic. No need for the already processed jpgs, it's just annoying to delete them everytime.

• When shooting in RAW, the distortion-reduction like in compensation  mode doesn't work (obviously, since it's RAW). Would be great to get a  Lens correction profile for Capture One Pro (and for the Lightroom Users  as well)

• Is it a technical limit or why there's no rocksteady in Slow-Motion-Mode?

• Also I would like to see a feature to turn-off the screen (and the screen only) after x Seconds (no matter if recording or not). At the moment this feature only works when recording a video.
Since, very often I just do some photographs with the camera and then I have to decide wheter I want to waste battery and leave the camera turned on all the time or if I want to keep pressing the power-on button a few seconds after each shot. It's a little annoying.

• Another thing is, I don't like that much is the time until the buttons (for highlight / play / pause) disappear, when playing back a video on the camera.
It's like 10 seconds. 5 seconds would be more than enough.

• I also miss the photo-series-mode. It was more convenient to use this to get 1 out of 3 sharp pictures in case you jittered a little while shooting

• Some visual or audio feedback, when taking a photo would also be great (like 0.1 seconds black screen or some animation, same for the sound. a little click-sound while having all other sounds disabled would be great).

• Also I like the monitor-brightness and volume swipe-option on the left/right side of the screen in the OA1. I feel like changing the volume and display brightness on the OA4 is very fiddly. (Monitor Brightness is also way too bright at 1% in my opinion).

• Why are there all these .LRF Files? Would be cool being able to disable these. I don't need the Video 2x.

2023-9-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

OA3 had faster cold start recording, but debunked by Fish that it didn't record first 1-3 seconds or so.

Also buttons on OA3 was way harder to press, so I'm glad they changed it a bit on OA4. But OA1 was indeed the best for that.

2023-9-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Start up, has been talked about for many years to improve,   wifi  is automatic, just delete off hte App, can not trace you if the smartphones not with you
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mizzu. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-9-30
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-30 06:38
Hi, Mizzu. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.

Would be cool, thanks for your reply.
2023-9-30
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 9-30 02:48
Start up, has been talked about for many years to improve,   wifi  is automatic, just delete off hte App, can not trace you if the smartphones not with you

Well, for me it's not about tracing but about unwanted additional energy consumption, when the camera constantly searches for wifi and / or bluetooth.
2023-9-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Mizzu Posted at 9-30 20:15
Well, for me it's not about tracing but about unwanted additional energy consumption, when the camera constantly searches for wifi and / or bluetooth.

DJI can not explain how their bluetooth works then how are we to help explaining that  Bluetooth is off or on, let dji come forward and tell us that the wi-fi is off and hte blte is on low voltage till senses  the app and or remote, how much power is being used.
2023-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules