12Next >
2847 52 2015-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

dji announced in Germany that all the ioc modes will be released on sept 7 plus 2.7k for adv.
2015-9-3
Use props
ryanbattey
lvl.2

United States

that's what everybody seems to be saying kind of skeptical on being the first ones to test it out but excited either way. http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/03/dji-phantom-autopilot-upgrade/
2015-9-3
Use props
ianbroad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279731 ft
United States

ryanbattey Posted at 2015-9-3 08:19
that's what everybody seems to be saying kind of skeptical on being the first ones to test it out bu ...

Here it is straight from the source:

https://plus.google.com/+DJI/posts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DJI/1610429795896504
2015-9-3
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

ryanbattey Posted at 2015-9-3 08:19
that's what everybody seems to be saying kind of skeptical on being the first ones to test it out bu ...

I would sit on it for a couple weeks and see what other people are saying about it. I'm hesitant about jumping right into it. My thoughts.....
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Sling Shot Posted at 2015-9-4 00:09
I would sit on it for a couple weeks and see what other people are saying about it. I'm hesitant a ...

come on, r u kidding me? with the number of people gone crazy: "WHERS WAYOOINT, WHERS FOLLOW ME, I WANT IT NOW" probably foaming at the mouth and all, they arent going to wait..
come back to forum next week this time, bring popcorn and soda, sit back and enjoy the comedy show.
2015-9-3
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

yeah, really - let me know how it works for ya next month. ;-)
2015-9-3
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-3 10:16
come on, r u kidding me? with the number of people gone crazy: "WHERS WAYOOINT, WHERS FOLLOW ME, I ...

No kidding. I can see dozens of threads about how their quad is broken after upgrading. People flying into stuff using follow me. Etc.
2015-9-3
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Rigworker Posted at 2015-9-3 17:24
No kidding. I can see dozens of threads about how their quad is broken after upgrading. People flyi ...

I'm with you Rig,
We had 48 replies on CSC shut motor shut off in flight in 1 day!
The ability to program a flight in 3D and fly safely home again will fill the Forum to bursting point with users reporting fly-aways, flat batteries, crashing into stuff they did not know was there, and of course the "Blame DJI 'cause it is all thier fault" blamesters.
Could be a good move for DJI to get more orders for replacement P3's, without controllers!

It's gonna get messy.
2015-9-3
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

ahhhhh why is no one else excited about the camera upgrade. the ONE thing thats likely to work from day one
2015-9-3
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Too dang bad I have to work (at lunch now)  missing out of all the FUN.  LOL
2015-9-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-9-4 00:49
ahhhhh why is no one else excited about the camera upgrade. the ONE thing thats likely to work from  ...

I'm wondering why they aren't adding this 2.7K to the Professional version?  I'd love to have this intermediate size between the 1080P and 4K
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-9-4 00:49
ahhhhh why is no one else excited about the camera upgrade. the ONE thing thats likely to work from  ...

cuz there isnt any camera upgrade for the pro, at least i didnt see any
2015-9-3
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-9-4 01:40
I'm wondering why they aren't adding this 2.7K to the Professional version?  I'd love to have this ...

you can always scale back the resolution in post. dosent work so well going the other way.  now adv owners will be able to crop their footage down to 1080 and eliminate any chances of props or arms showing up in post, regardless of how aggressive you flew
2015-9-3
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-3 09:16
come on, r u kidding me? with the number of people gone crazy: "WHERS WAYOOINT, WHERS FOLLOW ME, I ...

Yes sir!!....I want mine with butter!!
2015-9-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sling Shot Posted at 2015-9-4 02:02

While I agree with your comment, cropping down from 4k to 1080 and cropping down from 2k to 1080 is a difference in processing power needs as well.  Pulling in a 4k video is HUGE data...2K data would be much more manageable on more computers.

Sorry, I replied to the wrong comment, but I think everyone catches my drift :-)
2015-9-3
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Very nice upgrade. Any news on bugfixes?
2015-9-3
Use props
Bunkx9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Since the P3A is my first DJI product, I don't know much about the waypoint feature. I know I was available for he P2V+ though. Is there a max distance limit when setting waypoints from your Home location? (Obviously within battery range to get there and back). Just not sure if the settings restrict the autonomous flight plan
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

i am going to all the showings, i believe its gonna be at least 1month of action packed comedy
2015-9-3
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Lets all be sure we have a backup .apk file handy.
2015-9-3
Use props
Bittsandbobs
lvl.2

Montenegro

Stealth... Posted at 2015-9-3 20:07
Very nice upgrade. Any news on bugfixes?

Good point.  Hoping for bug fixes.
2015-9-3
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

So excited to see that 2.7k upgrade to the P3A, I bought mine just a couple of weeks ago and I almost decided for the Standard version, thankfully I went with this one and this news are making me so happy!
2015-9-3
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bittsandbobs Posted at 2015-9-3 21:33
Good point.  Hoping for bug fixes.

I see you are from or in Montenegro. I flew last week in Herceg Novi and Dzenovici.  Very kind people and everybody was very enthousiastic about the bird with engines ;) and several  restaurant-owners asked me to take pics and video's from there property. Nobody was complaining about privacy at all. Will be flying tomorrow in Gorazde (mountains) and comming back next month in HN.

Srdacan Pozdrav.
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Stealth... Posted at 2015-9-4 03:42
I see you are from or in Montenegro. I flew last week in Herceg Novi and Dzenovici.  Very kind peo ...

the "invading my privacy" is just big here!!
2015-9-3
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-3 21:47
the "invading my privacy" is just big here!!

So let's hope it doesn't cross the Ocean.;)
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Stealth... Posted at 2015-9-4 04:13
So let's hope it doesn't cross the Ocean.;)

since we havent had this "privacy" thing in most other countries, i doubt there will be a problem. having said that, others seem to follow usa!!!
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

these are just a few examples of problems that are DJI's fault according to some owners;
1- cant take off as the p3 just flips to the laft on take off. it turned out to be 3 clockwise props and 1 ccw!!
2- when i pressed RTH it flew straight down and in to a tree: it turned out after rth he has throttle 100% down. and he is saying it is a dangerous bug in the app!!!
3-cant see anything on device: turns out there is no cable plugged in.
4- cant do compass calibration: turns out he has a big ass watch on his wrist and chunk of keys in his pocket and many rings on his right hand, where he is grabbing the compass
5- cant do FW update because it just keeps beeping D-D-D-D. so i stop it.!!! i have no words for this one
6-i tried to do imu calibration when i got to the field, and it keeps failing. hmmmm
7-i cant turn it on, i keep pressing the button twice. turns out he wasnt holding it in
8- fly away!!!(my favorite): it said no gps and when i took off it said bad compass, but i just ignored it!

now all these guys started by bashing DJI, the FW, The APP, and the dealer.

moral of the story:
Get ready for next week
2015-9-3
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Canada

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-9-3 10:49

Actually, the camera, POI and the home lock function are three things I am looking forward to.  The rest are not that important to me.
2015-9-3
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Canada

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-3 12:47
Lets all be sure we have a backup .apk file handy.

.apk? Did you mean .bin ;-)

.apk is the DJI Go app
2015-9-3
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Ray, I think you'll find there is little or no ferrous metals in rings and watches.  Still, I agree with you just to eliminate the possibility.
2015-9-3
Use props
adm3367
lvl.1
Brazil

1. Laggy video
2015-9-3
Use props
adm3367
lvl.1
Brazil

2. bumpy video 3. App crashing 4. Streaming just dont works
2015-9-3
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-9-3 18:35
.apk? Did you mean .bin ;-)

.apk is the DJI Go app

Well there will have to be an app upgrade too to initiate these new features is what I was getting at.  But yes, a backup of the .bin file will be good too.
2015-9-3
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Canada

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-3 22:01
Well there will have to be an app upgrade too to initiate these new features is what I was getting ...

Good point. I suppose it is possible the functionality is already there but not visible because the bird isnt capable. Probably need an app update for sure.
2015-9-3
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Bunkx9@yahoo.co Posted at 2015-9-3 13:26
Since the P3A is my first DJI product, I don't know much about the waypoint feature. I know I was av ...

In the DJI Vision app I could create waypoints for my P2V+ on a google map.  This did not have the extended waypoint capability of the Ground Station app.  In the Vision app, you could set the location (lat, lon) of a waypoint, the dwell time and the altitude but you could not set different leg speeds or heading (camera direction), the P2 would traverse the waypoint field and then return back to the location the flight was initiated.  The software restricted the overall flight time so it would not let you set a waypoint to an unreasonable distance.  Before I sold my P2 I flew many waypoint sessions with no problems.  Communication was lost every time, but the P2 would continue capturing video and flawlessly fly the route.  It was still always a relief to hear/see it coming back home.
2015-9-3
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Rayrokni some how I don't think your going to be disappointed get ready everyone and fasten your seat belts turbulence ahead
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-9-5 01:22
Rayrokni some how I don't think your going to be disappointed get ready everyone and fasten your sea ...

oh i ll bet the kingdom that i wont be, i went to costco and got me a pallet full of popcorn and soda
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

This Phantom Pilot has the plan on getting that update before my hearty Breakfast of Champions, Monday morning, bright and early.
I will be up with the feathered birds. Worm in hand, hahaha. Ready to trial the new firmware/app.
Wanting to prove to you Nay-Sayers that it is awesome and safe to update your Phantom.

Come and a get It. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-9-4
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I've been hearing rumors, and what I hope are crazy rumors, that the waypoint system is not all it is cracked up to be. Rumor says that the waypoints are established by manually flying the route...then the route can be re-flown to match the manual route. I had planned to use waypoints to do map grids...having to fly it manually first, defeats the point(pun intended). Please tell me I am wrong.
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If true, it makes sense, from the manufacturers (DJI) standpoint.
It may be a legality and liability issue to do with not being sued, for whatever may transpire, while we're flying an 'autonomous' drone.

We are supposed to be in total control of the drone while it is in the air.
While engaging Follow Me, LOS will become LOST!?!

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-4 18:31
oh i ll bet the kingdom that i wont be, i went to costco and got me a pallet full of popcorn and s ...

might need something stronger that by the end of the day
2015-9-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules