Same focus issues as the OA3
680 15 2023-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Alright, I got two different (new) OA4 for testing and I saw that one of them had horribly blurry images compared to the other one. In the beginning I thought there has to be some dirt on the lens or that it's maybe a firmware-difference but I tested around a lot and updated both firmwares to the same version and the one was definitely much worse in sharpness than the other.

Yesterday I did some photos with the *good* one and I was kinda OK'ish with it. But now that I found this video and after taking a closer look to my photos, I realilzed, that the *good* one of the two still got this issue, but just not as intense as the bad one. All pictures look kinda very clear and sharp in the background (like trees etc) but my face and everthing in the range of 1 meter doesn't look very sharp. Everything just looks as if I set my on the background with a real (e.g. Mirrorless) Camera.

I just wanted to know if anybody already did this on the OA4 and if the procedure is basically the same on both, OA3 and OA4.

I just don't get it. Such a well known company, *high end* action cams and then I still have to fiddle around with something like this because of poor quality control or whatever... -.-

2023-10-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

sorry to hear, you will need to get with DJI on your concern, they  did a mighty fine job in the f ixings good luck.  perfect camera till they messed with the dimming for me
2023-10-2
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 10-2 06:40
sorry to hear, you will need to get with DJI on your concern, they  did a mighty fine job in the f ixings good luck.  perfect camera till they messed with the dimming for me

Thanks for your reply, but this wasn't my question. ;)
2023-10-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you got    an issue, or question about bluriness  maybe DJI can answer they are best for that
2023-10-2
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Post a video from outside in daylight and 4K, so can we see.
Nobody else have problem with OA4 focus.
2023-10-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

there is an issue with users on Youtube that think a GoPro is crisper, then the DJI, because they use totally different lenses and sensors
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your attention. After testing and analysis, our engineers found that this issue of Osmo Action 3 is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. It has been resolved in the firmware update of Osmo Action 3 launched in 2022. The camera resolving power of Osmo Action 4 has been further improved than that of Osmo Action 3. Please feel free to buy and use it. Have a nice day.
2023-10-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

And your question answered
2023-10-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2023-10-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

They (DJI support) keep repeating that lie??? The firmware update that fixes it leaves tweezers teeth on the soft lens plastic DD

After a long time, I'm here on the forum and I'm following the real state of the OA4, because YT is full of only positive things so far and I'm desperate to buy one of the four ;)
2023-10-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

StevoB Posted at 10-7 01:32
They (DJI support) keep repeating that lie??? The firmware update that fixes it leaves tweezers teeth on the soft lens plastic DD

After a long time, I'm here on the forum and I'm following the real state of the OA4, because YT is full of only positive things so far and I'm desperate to buy one of the four ;)

OA4 is really good, I still haven't seen any videos where it had wrong focus like OA3 had last year.
You will love it, it is a big upgrade from OA3.
2023-10-7
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, i did it. Everything is the same as on OA3. And.. thanks for sharing my video :-)
2023-10-8
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 10-7 12:43
OA4 is really good, I still haven't seen any videos where it had wrong focus like OA3 had last year.
You will love it, it is a big upgrade from OA3.

Sadly, it has the same problems.
I posted a Photo here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298942
2023-10-8
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

StevoB Posted at 10-7 01:32
They (DJI support) keep repeating that lie??? The firmware update that fixes it leaves tweezers teeth on the soft lens plastic DD

After a long time, I'm here on the forum and I'm following the real state of the OA4, because YT is full of only positive things so far and I'm desperate to buy one of the four ;)

I would wait a little longer to be honest... ;)
2023-10-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Mizzu Posted at 10-8 22:01
Sadly, it has the same problems.
I posted a Photo here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298942

Yeah I have seen your photo, but a video outdoors would show it better for us to judge.
2023-10-9
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 10-9 01:11
Yeah I have seen your photo, but a video outdoors would show it better for us to judge.

I already sent the Bad unit back. But trust me, I'm pretty intense in testing out new Hardware ;)

And these units had unacceptable differences
2023-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules