Mini 3 vs. Mini 3 Pro vs. Mini 4 Pro - Which one should I get?
5405 12 2023-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erik S.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 594114 ft
Germany

Hello Guys,

After one year of waiting, I have now the opportunity to buy a mini. Last year I had a Mini 2 for 3 Weeks, so I already got some experience with the mini Lineup.
Now I'm undecided whether I should take the mini 3, mini 3 pro or the new mini 4 pro.  
My plans for the drone are to use it while Traveling and do some projects at home for several YouTube projects.
Now it's the question which one should I get? I watched already several videos about the normal Dji mini 3 and mini 3 pro. What are your experiences until now?

I look forward to every answer
Greetings Erik

2023-10-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I have the MINI3pro and MINI4pro ; uh,,get the MINI4pro!

cheers
JJB
2023-10-3
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

The Mini 4 Pro is the latest and greatest at this time. Price of the 3 pro and 4 pro are about the same so I would spring for the 4 pro. However, if money is an issue, I bet the 3 pro will have some sales soon and it's a great little drone.
2023-10-3
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Wait a bit until more feedback about the Mini 4 Pro comes in

Don't be tempted by over-sharpened shots ...

Mini 3 Pro is very mature right now

2023-10-3
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

@space dream, you make a very good point. I bought my Mini 3 Pro a couple months ago - before I knew anything about the Mini 4 Pro. I started hearing about the Mini 4 Pro release and had a little buyer's remorse but to be totally honest, I really like the Mini 3 Pro. It does everything (and more) that I need at this time.
2023-10-3
Use props
Erik S.
lvl.4
Germany

Space Dream Posted at 10-3 05:44
Wait a bit until more feedback about the Mini 4 Pro comes in

Don't be tempted by over-sharpened shots ...

I guess I will take the mini 3 pro after reading some reviews. The mini 4 pro does not have any special new features I need
2023-10-3
Use props
Erik S.
lvl.4
Germany

eruby Posted at 10-3 05:55
@space dream, you make a very good point. I bought my Mini 3 Pro a couple months ago - before I knew anything about the Mini 4 Pro. I started hearing about the Mini 4 Pro release and had a little buyer's remorse but to be totally honest, I really like the Mini 3 Pro. It does everything (and more) that I need at this time.

I guess I will take the 3 pro. Seems really good and all new features of the 4 pro arent that important for me. Thanks for your comments
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The latest and most advanced drone from this list is the DJI Mini 4 Pro with 4k/60fps HDR True Vertical Shooting with Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing also the unit features the ActiveTrack 360°. In addition, you may compare these 3 different drones on our website to choose the best drone that suits your needs. You may click the link below to access our website. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/global/products/comparison-consumer-drones
2023-10-3
Use props
Erik S.
lvl.4
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-3 20:36
At the same price, your choice is illogical.  The 360° obstacle avoidance, Waypoints & Cruise Control, landing light, ActiveTrack 360, O4.  Even if you don't use them wouldn't it be nice to have these features available?

Yes of course, but the problem with the Mini 4 Pro is the C0 certification in Europe. This makes your max. altitude 120m. I have heard many people saying that you can't fly in mountains because the drone doesn't recognize the different altitudes when flying next to a mountain. So you can't climb a mountain with the drone because the height is counted from the starting point.
And I found a good deal on the Mini 3 Pro, which cost me less than the Mini 4 Pro
2023-10-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Erik S. Posted at 10-3 21:40
Yes of course, but the problem with the Mini 4 Pro is the C0 certification in Europe. This makes your max. altitude 120m. I have heard many people saying that you can't fly in mountains because the drone doesn't recognize the different altitudes when flying next to a mountain. So you can't climb a mountain with the drone because the height is counted from the starting point.
And I found a good deal on the Mini 3 Pro, which cost me less than the Mini 4 Pro

DJI Said the Mini 3 Pro will get the 120m restriction next year too.  
2023-10-4
Use props
Erik S.
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 01:19
DJI Said the Mini 3 Pro will get the 120m restriction next year too.

Oh, yeah ok. Then the mini 4 pro could be an option.
2023-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Erik S. Posted at 10-4 01:31
Oh, yeah ok. Then the mini 4 pro could be an option.

Have you considered the Air3 as the C1 classification wont have the restriction.
2023-10-4
Use props
Erik S.
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 23:10
Have you considered the Air3 as the C1 classification wont have the restriction.

To expensive. I Dont want to pay more then 1000€. Beside the price of the drone i also have to pay for the license
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules