Android 14 compatibility
4733 18 2023-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

With the release of the Google Pixel 8 range yesterday shipping with Android 14 as the launch OS

And with Android 14 now being pushed to Pixel 7 series phones....

Is DJI Fly now considered compatible with Android 14?

I saw a lot of crash report posts when A14 was still in beta, but haven't seen much info since.

I was offered the update this morning but have held off as I don't want to lose the ability to fly....
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly app is compatible with the Android 14. Please update the app to the latest version to avoid any issues. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-5
Use props
RodrigueElHajj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17264 ft
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-5 01:46
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly app is compatible with the Android 14. Please update the app to the latest version to avoid any issues. Thank you for your valued support.

Hello I just updated to android 14 on pixel 5, the mimo app works but DJI GO 4 still crashes.

I tried:
-Uninstalling
-deleting folder
-latest version 4.3.54
-restarted/shutdown

the app doesn't launch , just crashes
any other suggestions?
thanks

Sorry just noticed this thread is from dji fly, I'll create a new one for dji go 4
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RodrigueElHajj Posted at 10-6 00:04
Hello I just updated to android 14 on pixel 5, the mimo app works but DJI GO 4 still crashes.

I tried:

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For Android 14 compatibility, it is not been tested yet. Please advise to use an existing compatible Android system version to avoid any issues. We will conduct the compatibility soon. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-9
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-9 08:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For Android 14 compatibility, it is not been tested yet. Please advise to use an existing compatible Android system version to avoid any issues. We will conduct the compatibility soon. Thank you for your understanding.

Android 14 works fine here on Pixel 8.
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

lacibaci Posted at 10-26 16:20
Android 14 works fine here on Pixel 8.

Hi there. We appreciate you for sharing your experience with us. Yes, the new Android 14 is now compatible with the latest version of the DJI Fly app. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-30
Use props
rodneyk
lvl.1
South Africa

No it is not compatible with OnePlus 10 Pro. The phone will not connect to the controller. I have tried everything.
2023-12-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Works perfectly on Pixel 7 Pro running Android 14 (with Latest Android patches applied).
2023-12-30
Use props
Raymond Odell
lvl.1

United States

rodneyk Posted at 2023-12-30 02:28
No it is not compatible with OnePlus 10 Pro. The phone will not connect to the controller. I have tried everything.

I have tried  everything,  will not connect,  got app from google store. IS ,  it not the right DJI fly app, i get nothing but .gimbal  movment. HOOK ME UP with the right stuff. I have a new A14 android  and a minin 3 drone.
1-15 19:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Raymond Odell Posted at 1-15 19:51
I have tried  everything,  will not connect,  got app from google store. IS ,  it not the right DJI fly app, i get nothing but .gimbal  movment. HOOK ME UP with the right stuff. I have a new A14 android  and a minin 3 drone.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Fly app is currently not available on the Google Play Store. However, you can download it completely free from the DJI official website. You can use the following link to get directly to the DJI Download center: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Please, don't hesitate to reach us if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
1-15 20:38
Use props
Elsabiopr
lvl.1

United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2023-12-30 03:59
Works perfectly on Pixel 7 Pro running Android 14 (with Latest Android patches applied).

It does not with mine's. App keeps rebooting
1-16 20:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Elsabiopr Posted at 1-16 20:08
It does not with mine's. App keeps rebooting

Hello, there. Sorry for the trouble that it caused you. May I confirm the details below for further checking?

> App version:
> Model of your mobile device:
> Video showing the problem:

I hope to hear from you.
1-16 23:51
Use props
Elsabiopr
lvl.1

United States

I cant upload the video, please send me an email
Pixel Pro 7
Android 14
DJI app V 1.12.6

1-18 17:28
Use props
Elsabiopr
lvl.1

United States

DJI App Crash.gif
1-18 17:51
Use props
BuryBomber
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-10-5 01:46

I have a google pixel 8 pro. I have downloaded the fly app from the website. the controller is not syncing with phone so therefore i cannot connect the controller to the drone..
1-18 18:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BuryBomber Posted at 1-18 18:44
I have a google pixel 8 pro. I have downloaded the fly app from the website. the controller is not syncing with phone so therefore i cannot connect the controller to the drone..

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please upload a short video showing the operation with the issue and the error so we can check it further? You may upload the footage via YouTube or Google Drive and then send the link here. Please keep us posted.
1-21 22:23
Use props
djiuser_FlvaKKBF5p0L
New

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-21 22:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you please upload a short video showing the operation with the issue and the error so we can check it further? You may upload the footage via YouTube or Google Drive and then send the link here. Please keep us posted.

I have the same issue. Google Pixel 8 Pro, Mini 4 Pro.
DJI Fly installed on phone, it seems to connect initially, see's the drone...
When I try to Quick transfer, click the recognized drone, it shows it trying to Connect for 30 sec or so then shows an error message.
Says the drone may be connected to another device (incorrect) and to restart.
No matter how many restarts, re-installs, combos of drone/controller on/off, no luck.
1-26 06:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_FlvaKKBF5p0L Posted at 1-26 06:37
I have the same issue. Google Pixel 8 Pro, Mini 4 Pro.
DJI Fly installed on phone, it seems to connect initially, see's the drone...
When I try to Quick transfer, click the recognized drone, it shows it trying to Connect for 30 sec or so then shows an error message.

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused you. Please follow our recommendations below:

1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning functions are turned on in the mobile phone settings.
Note: In some Android mobile devices, the app Wi-Fi permission can be set separately. Check the Wi-Fi permission setting for the DJI Fly app and ensure that the Wi-Fi permission is allowed.
2. Try to use the Fixed 2.4 GHz function in the QuickTransfer Band. Go to the DJI Fly homepage - Settings - QuickTransfer Band - Fixed 2.4 GHz.
Note: If the connection failure can be resolved by using this method, it can be determined that the mobile phone’s 5G band does not cover 5.8 GHz.
3. Restart the mobile phone and aircraft.
4. Try to rename the aircraft's Wifi name and restart it.

If the problem persists, please instruct the customer to provide the following information for our analysis:

1. Mobile device model and system version number;
2. Firmware version of the aircraft and remote controller;
3. App version;
4. App log and flight controller log (The date on which the issue occurred should be provided, and it is better to provide the specific time too).
5. A video showing the operation error.
1-27 01:25
Use props
Marcos Mendoza
New

Paraguay

Buen dia a todos. Tengo problemas con el aplicativo DJI pilot, no me funciona con el teléfono Samsung 23, con Android 14, tendrian alguna solución para eso? Escribo desde Paraguay
2-13 00:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules