Mac OS Sonama
873 10 2023-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anh9
lvl.1

United States

We used to connect USB C cable to Air3 to transfer files to our Mac Pro M1.  But since we updated Mac OS to lastest Sonama 2 days ago, it seems that we are no longer see files on Air 3.
All we saw is empty folder. Any body have any ideas what is going on? Thank you

2023-10-5
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I would call apple tech support at !-800-MYAPPLE as they would be the best to answer this question.
2023-10-5
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure what you have going on, I would do as Shawgod suggested. I just connected my Air 3 to my M1 Macbook Air running the latest version of Sonoma and it mounted fine. Showed up on my desktop as Internal Storage and SD Card both. Can confirm exploring them and finding my pics/vids as expected.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, anh9. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to cross-test the connecting cable, and try a different port on your Mac if there is one. Also, please confirm the path that you are in the correct path to find the files. If you have another computer/Mac please try to connect the drone to check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
2023-10-9
Use props
fans42e2e532
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-9 07:00
Hi, anh9. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to cross-test the connecting cable, and try a different port on your Mac if there is one. Also, please confirm the path that you are in the correct path to find the files. If you have another computer/Mac please try to connect the drone to check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.

we did try as suggested but still only show Internal Storage which we guessed it was Air 3  internal storage for firmware ,
see attached screenshot
image.jpg
2023-10-10
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is a short video on me connecting my Air 3 to my M1 Macbook Air running the latest Ventura. As you can see, I can browse the files on the SD card fine. I didn't try browsing the internal storage as there isn't anything there to browse besides the default folders. Only difference here is that I am running Ventura vs. Sonoma. Perhaps that might make a difference.

2023-10-11
Use props
fans42e2e532
lvl.1

United States

JodyB Posted at 10-11 04:46
Here is a short video on me connecting my Air 3 to my M1 Macbook Air running the latest Ventura. As you can see, I can browse the files on the SD card fine. I didn't try browsing the internal storage as there isn't anything there to browse besides the default folders. Only difference here is that I am running Ventura vs. Sonoma. Perhaps that might make a difference.

https://youtu.be/eehsTC6WzHU

we found out. we have to open Disk Utility to enable it! thank you very much
2023-10-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans42e2e532 Posted at 10-11 05:12
we found out. we have to open Disk Utility to enable it! thank you very much

Awesome you figured it out, but I don't know why you would have to use disk utility to enable it. I didn't have too. That could be a difference between Sonoma and Ventura though. Honestly, I don't connect my dones direct to my laptop. Most of the time, I just use the quick transfer to transfer whatever video I want to my iPhone and if I need it on my laptop, I just airdrop it. If I want to transfer a batch to my laptop, I just pop out the sd card and put it in a reader and into my laptop. But there is rare times where I do connect it straight so for sure the need for that to work is there and it should.
2023-10-11
Use props
fans42e2e532
lvl.1

United States

JodyB Posted at 10-11 05:22
Awesome you figured it out, but I don't know why you would have to use disk utility to enable it. I didn't have too. That could be a difference between Sonoma and Ventura though. Honestly, I don't connect my dones direct to my laptop. Most of the time, I just use the quick transfer to transfer whatever video I want to my iPhone and if I need it on my laptop, I just airdrop it. If I want to transfer a batch to my laptop, I just pop out the sd card and put it in a reader and into my laptop. But there is rare times where I do connect it straight so for sure the need for that to work is there and it should.

we are lazy to take card in and out. have not try to transfer to  iphone, Will RC2 be able to do so?
2023-10-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you have the fly app and logged into your account on a cell, it can do what they call quick transfer. Your cell will connect to the drone via wifi and you can browse the files and trasfer them that way. When you open the fly app on your phone it will pop up on the controller the option for the quick transfer. Just choose it and transfer what you need or everything. Unlike the name, quick transfer, it isn't all that quick but it works.
2023-10-11
Use props
fans42e2e532
lvl.1

United States

Thank you so much, will download the App and try
2023-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules