PLEASE firmware MINUS delayed Remote ID
665 6 2023-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Cripple
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838724 ft
United States

The world desperately needs current Avata firmware that addresses the control/crash issue AND sets us free from the now-delayed Remote ID requirement. It appears at the moment it's not possible to enjoy both of those things.

Little help, please? PLEASE?!?!?!?

The Avata is a fantastic product. Make it as good as possible until there's a reason to do otherwise. March 2024 is a long way off.

Thanks and cheers!
2023-10-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

You won't see sw that removes RID.  the avata has a DoC on file with the FAA.  removing RID would cause the FAA to rescind the DoC.
2023-10-5
Use props
Captain Cripple
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838724 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-5 07:49
You won't see sw that removes RID.  the avata has a DoC on file with the FAA.  removing RID would cause the FAA to rescind the DoC.

Yeah, I was quite of the opinion that such was likely the case. Figgr'd I give it a shot, tho.

Thanks for the clear, prompt, and definitive answer. Perhaps there are, uh, other means. I'll have a look-see.
2023-10-5
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plus, RID has not been delayed.  It is now official.  Compliance was only delayed in case you can't get a module for non-standard RID or if you are waiting for FW update for a drone that can provide standard, like I think DJI just did for the Mavic.  I'm waiting for one to put on my homemade quad, so if, in the rare instance, I'm asked about it, I can show that I have a back-ordered module, and I would be ok until March 2024.

The whole thing still sucks though, sigh.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. According to the Remote ID rule, the Remote ID system cannot be disabled by any person, and once the drone is upgraded to RID-compliant firmware, it cannot be downgraded. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768537 ft

United States

A1C Posted at 10-5 13:59
Plus, RID has not been delayed.  It is now official.  Compliance was only delayed in case you can't get a module for non-standard RID or if you are waiting for FW update for a drone that can provide standard, like I think DJI just did for the Mavic.  I'm waiting for one to put on my homemade quad, so if, in the rare instance, I'm asked about it, I can show that I have a back-ordered module, and I would be ok until March 2024.

The whole thing still sucks though, sigh.

Stop cucking to compliance this isnt Germany 1940's theres no safety issues, no victims so theres no need to be a boot licker
2023-10-6
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t Posted at 10-6 10:27
Stop cucking to compliance this isnt Germany 1940's theres no safety issues, no victims so theres no need to be a boot licker

There's no safety issue with going 70 in a 55 with today's cars either.

I don't get to choose which rules I want to follow, whether I like them or not.
2023-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules