Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manou fishing
New

France

Hello,

Excuse me for my english, I'm french..

I have a fishing channel on YouTube.
And I'm looking for a single polarizing filter (and I mean only 1) to better see the fish and the bottom of the water with my camera.
You can see an example of an image that I would like to improve on this video at 1min30. Thank you very much if you can help me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcnygoVFkZY&t=626s

2023-10-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve been trying these ones ……

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CF ... t_b_product_details

There are three nd filters but also a polariser. I use the polariser just on grey days to pull down roughly a stop. They seem to be quite nice and screw on so you can’t knock them off the lens.

I've been trying out 24fps down on the river and boy, you can get some stunning looking footage from the Action 4 that really doesn't look like it came from an action cam! I'm beginning to get lazy so that when I don't want shallow depth of field stuff, I take the Action out rather than a bigger camera.

You’re so lucky with fishing in France. Truly monstrous carp and catfish. I live close to a stream that connects lakes and often catch pike and chub on a lure there. Quite funny because it’s literally a stream but some big fish do come through occasionally. I really enjoy fishing lures and fly imitations. (Ordinary flies, not fly fishing) So exciting when fish come up for them.

That was a big catfish ……. I’d be running!!
2023-10-5
Use props
Manou fishing
New

France

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-5 08:03
I’ve been trying these ones ……

Yes I am very lucky. I'm fishing for big catfish at the moment. But which filter do you use among the four? CPL, ND8, ND16, or ND32?
2023-10-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manou fishing Posted at 10-5 08:32
Yes I am very lucky. I'm fishing for big catfish at the moment. But which filter do you use among the four? CPL, ND8, ND16, or ND32?

Generally, I use nd8 (3stops) . In dull weather, I use the polariser to bring exposure down just a little bit. In really bright weather (in UK), I use nd16. Only so I can shoot in 24 or 30 fps with a slow shutter. Sometimes I use wven more than 180 degree shutter.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you can get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members regarding this accessory as we don't have this specific one on our store website. If you want to check the available accessories on our website for the DJI Osmo Action 4, you may click the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://store.dji.com/list/handh ... &from=store-nav
2023-10-6
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
Spain

For the action 3 there are combined ND/PL filters. I also have one for my Gopro. For some reason the action 4 isn't well supported, and while there are a couple of combined ND/PL filters available, they all only available in packs or sets, which isn't something I want.
3-22 06:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules