Amazing DJI Customer Service.
1379 4 2015-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Hey everyone. DJI's US based customer service team has gotten  A LOT of flack in the past, but I just want to share with you two amazing experiences that prove that times are a changing..  

Situation 1-  In July I had a swelled TB-48 battery that actually caused my inspire to make a hard landing at the height of around 14 feet..  No damage that I couldn't fix myself, but I was stuck without a $200 dollar battery.. A couple e-mails and photos and then I was immediately sent a new one..

Situation 2-  August- We know how DJI repairs can be super long these days due to them upgrading their facilities and moving to Carson, CA. I REALLY believe the turn around time is going to get much better going on.. They are expanding it so quickly.   I had another hard landing (trimmed my trees, while testing things I have an NDA for).. I explained my situation and my confidence that I can easily fix my small issue as I've fixed issues before on my own and instead of making me pay to ship my Inspire 1 out at an expensive cost and waiting 8 weeks for a repair, they trusted me to fix it myself and quickly fedexed me the parts.. For Free! ..

Take away is DJI is working really hard as a company to change evertyhing and I recieved 100 percent amazing service from DJI..

Impressed and I hope some US DJI employees see this and realize there are people who think you are doing an amazing job,
Chris
2015-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for your response.  I will forward to DJI LA.  They don't get many props and they are working their A$$es off.  Over time, weekends you name it and they are doing in to catch up and provide world class service to our customers.  They will appreciate your response.
2015-9-3
Use props
orders
lvl.1
United States

I also am feeling optimistic about the new facilities and hires. Called in the other day to the LA area facility when I got an email from repair stating "Upon inspection of your unit, no issue was found. You should receive a tracking number..."
This email came about 5 weeks after the unit was received, and it was a return already once before on a DOA back from repair. A boomerang back and forth. Basic repair was done way back in February - BUT BUT it had a new symptom - immediately (like in 45 seconds) drained any battery. Like a direct short. I have 10 batteries - and all of them had the same effect.
When sent back to Repair, they acknowledged nothing of the issue - but the phone fellow sent me his email, tried to stop it from being sent back (still went out), and said he will follow up with another RMA and assure it is bench tested before returning to me yet again.
Will start a thread on this, and hopefully we will all see a new page turned by DJI's US repair/customer service center.
The fellow spoke of how big and better the new facilities, and ambitious many of them are, and to expect change - good change.
Looking forward to that!

PS: This is all relative to our (non critical) old and trusted back-up P1, which has been around the globe, and in many tough situations - a real trooper. We normally fly an I1, without (much) incident and pleasurably and dependably.  
All in all, DJI has proven to be amazingly innovative - Now if the customer service improves - Wow - the sky is the limit !
Cheers,
Gabreal   - All Planet
2015-9-3
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

I could be the exception to the rule.  If I'm not, then DJI U.S. has seriously upped their game.  My L1 was sent in for repairs due to one of the earlier firmware upgrades (it's been collecting dust since April).  I finally got around to sending it in.  I sent it off on Aug 26, it was received and checked in on the 28th.  On Sept 2nd, I was notified that the problem was found and repaired and I had a shipping tracking number by the 3rd and my L1 is on it's way home to be delivered on the 9th.  Two full weeks turnaround.  Can't complain a single bit.
2015-9-4
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear it!
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now