vision system error------After a crash
531 2 2023-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean_Shredz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114928 ft
United States

Well, after 4 years of flying with 1000+ hours, I crashed my Mavic 2 pro zoom Mavericking around into a tree.. When it hit the tree, it hit a house on the way down which the damage is not so bad from the circumstances... I am getting a Vision system error and I am assuming the front sensors are damaged..   Can a tech tell me this is the case as everything else is fine (camera_etc) except for my props.. Amazing durable drone and it was my fault showboating in sport mode..lol.. Thank you for your help and I would like to repair it myself as its fun...

Thank you for an amazing product!

Sean
IMG_5273.jpg
IMG_5272 copy.jpg
2023-10-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the ribbon cables for tears, I crashed a zoom (same drone just a different camera)  and crumpled the nose in a similar way and ended up with a sensor error. Eventually I found that one of the ribbon cables was torn though that could have been me snagging the cable when dismantling the drone. The ribbon cables are very close to the shell of the drone and a slip with a spudger could tear them. I do not remember the error code or warning.

I also suggest you check that
a) the droop of the front arms are symmetrical/equal
b) the rear arms don't lift significantly when the drone is given full throttle.

a) because the front arms pivot on a mechanism that has a pin on its top, that pin can be bent in a crash and in my case caused the affected arm to droop lower that its companion. If you need to replace the pivot first position the arm at the tipping point between spring-open and spring-shut, that position takes the pressure off the mechanism making it MUCH easier to remove and refit. Removing and replacing a front arm pivot is a 5 minute job.
b) on the inner end of the rear arms' pivot shaft there is a rotation stop, it seems that this stop is easily broken off and the damage allows the rear arm to rotate further than it should when given full throttle. Unfortunately replacing a rear arm means opening the drone a disconnecting/un-soldering the wiring to the motor and LEDs, if you need to do that PHOTOGRAPH the connections BEFORE you remove them so that you can solder the new? wiring in the correct place. I would NOT recommend trying to glue the stop back in position.
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sean. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to read about what happened. Since the drone crash, we recommend sending it in for proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Should you want to have a data analysis, you may request it as well but please note that there might be a fee depending on the warranty of the device. Hopefully, other users can provide you with the information that you need.
2023-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules