Some improvement requests (+Bugs) for BT Remote Controllers.
940 15 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzcat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3129783 ft
South Korea

I received it the day before yesterday and hope it will be improved after a few days of use and inconvenience.
If firmware is supported, it would be great if it could be improved and updated.

1. When switching quick shots, the text is too small to verify the user setting number.
Can see it well? I can't see anything.
I hope you can see the letters "C1", "C2", and "Video"... next to the icon in the display window.
And the setting status under the icon is not spaced out, so you have to look closely to find out.
2.7k60p4:3 -> 2.7k 60p 4:3 Please space it like this.

2. There is an operating delay in actual use.
At first, it works immediately, but if use it a little, the reaction will appear late when you operate it.
There is a response delay that works after 2 to 3 seconds.
This phenomenon disappears when the power is shut down and restarted.

3. Can't extract recorded GPS data?
Personally, it would be better if this could be handled in a PC environment than in a mobile environment.
The MIMO app is not optimized for tablets, so it's a bit inconvenient to handle.
I'd like to be able to access it on the web or edit it with a separate PC app.

4. I think it would have been better if there was a horizontal direction where the band could be fastened.
Looking at the structure, it seems that the direction in which the band can be inserted is enough to make a hole so that it can be fastened horizontally.
It's a bit uncomfortable to look longitudinally when fastening to sticks or bicycle handle bar stem... It's a bit of a lot.

----- Korean Language Below

그저께 받아 며칠 사용후 개선되었으면 하는 점과 불편한 사항입니다.
펌웨어를 지원한다면 개선되어 업데이트를 할 수 있으면 좋겠습니다.

1. 퀵샷 전환시 글씨가 너무 작아 사용자 세팅 번호를 확인할 수가 없습니다.
잘 보이시나요? 저는 하나도 안보입니다.
표시창에 해당 아이콘과 함께 옆에 ‘C1’, “C2’ 등의  글자가 크게 잘 보였으면 합니다.
그리고 아이콘 밑 설정상태 띄어쓰기가 안되어 있어 자세히 들여다 봐야 알 수 있습니다.
2.7k60p4:3 -> 2.7k 60p 4:3 이렇게 띄어쓰기 좀 해 주세요.

2. 실제 사용시 작동 딜레이가 있습니다.
처음엔 즉시 잘 작동하는데 조금 사용하다 보면 조작시 반응이 늦게 나타납니다.
2~3초 후 작동하는 반응 지연이 있습니다. 전원을 종료후 재 시작하면 이런 현상은 없어집니다.

3. 기록된 GPS데이터를 추출할 수는 없습니까?
개인적으로는 이런 작업은 모바일 환경에서 보다는 PC환경에서 다루어질 수 있으면 더 좋을 것 같습니다.
MIMO앱이 태블릿에 최적화 되어있는 앱이 아니어서 다루기에 다소 불편합니다.
웹에서 접근할 수 있게 하거나 별도의 PC 앱으로 편집이 가능 할 수 있으면 좋겠습니다.

4. 밴드를 체결할 수 있는 뱡향이 가로방향도 있었으면 더 좋았을 것 같습니다.
구조를 보니 밴드를 넣을 수 있는 방향이 가로방향으로도 체결할 수 있도록 충분히 홀을 만들수 있을 것으로 보입니다.
스틱이나 자전거 핸들바 스템에 체결할 때 세로 방향으로 보이게 되어 다소 불편합니다. 많이 아쉬운 부분입니다.

펌웨어가 지원된다면 개선과 업데이트가 가능하면 좋을 것 같습니다.

2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, jazzcat. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

As for the delay, is there any specific feature that causing it or is it happening anywhere you click?
2023-10-7
Use props
Jay Hong
lvl.3
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-7 20:13
Hi, jazzcat. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

As for the delay, is there any specific feature that causing it or is it happening anywhere you click?

The idea is that the response delay does not occur only in certain situations, it is irregular, but it seems to be affected by the number of operations(?).

Although it is understandable that action4 is slightly delayed within 0.5 seconds when it is turned on, the response delay in the sleep state is not a phenomenon that occurs only in certain situations and in certain states.

For example...
Auto-shutdown after 15 seconds shooting, standby -> 15 seconds action 4 standby before shooting.

This is especially true when these patterns are repeated several times.

This is a phenomenon that occurs in various shooting settings.

One more thing that's unfortunate is that if there is an operating beep, it will be more useful to use.

-

And I would really welcome the MIMO app when it comes out with an optimized version on the tablet (iPad).

It is often inconvenient to process only on the small screen of the iPhone.

I look forward to improvement.

반응 지연은 특정상황에서만 발생하는 것이 아니고 불규칙적이지만 조작횟수(?)에 영향을 받는것 같다는 생각입니다.

액션4가 켜져 있는 상태에서 0.5초정도 이내로 약간 지연되는 경우는 이해할 수 있다고 하지만 슬립상태에서의 반응 지연은 특정상황과 특정상태에서만 나타나는 현상이 아닙니다.

다양한 촬영설정 상태에서 나타나는 현상입니다.

예를들면…

15초간 촬영 후 자동셧다운, 대기 -> 15초간 액션4 대기상태 후 촬영

이러한 촬영패턴이 수차례 반복되는 경우에 특히 심합니다.

한가지 더 아쉬운건 작동 비프음이 있으면 사용하기에 더욱 유용할 것 같습니다.

-

그리고 MIMO앱이 태블릿(아이패드)에도 최적화 된 버전이 나오게 되면 정말 환영할 것 같습니다.

아이폰의 작은 화면에서만 처리하려니 불편할 때가 종종 있습니다.

꼭 개선되길 기대해 봅니다.

2023-10-7
Use props
Jay Hong
lvl.3
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-7 20:13

I had a new(?) issue today and it looks like a bug.

It's a phenomenon that has never appeared.

Bug Screen?

Bug Screen?

It is thought to be a screen of information that ordinary users do not have to see.

This is a sudden phenomenon in the display window after a while when I pressed the recording button while I was in sleep while riding and shooting several times.

(This is a phenomenon that was used in the same way before and did not appear.)

The attached video and picture screens were being displayed, but the lamps were flashing alternately blue, green and red.

This is a video and picture taken with an iPhone for a while after stopping.

And when I pressed and shut down the power button and turned it on again a few seconds later, the recording time was displayed and then it was available without any problems.

(However, it was confirmed that the delay in response, which was mentioned in the improvement, continued. T.T )

오늘 새로운(?) 문제가 발생했는데 버그로 보입니다.

한번도 나타나지 않았던 현상입니다.

일반 사용자가 보지 않아도 될 정보의 화면으로 생각됩니다.

자전거 핸들바에 장착한 뒤 라이딩을 하며 수차례 촬영하던 도중 슬립 상태에서 레코딩 버튼을 눌렀을때 얼마 후 표시창에 갑작스럽게 나타난 현상입니다.

(이전에도 같은 방식으로 사용하였고 한번도 발생하지 않았던 현상입니다.)

첨부된 영상과 사진의 화면이 표시되고 있는 상태였는데 램프는 청색, 녹색과 적색이 번갈아가며 점멸되는 상태였습니다.

이 때 정차 후 잠시 아이폰으로 촬영을 한 영상과 사진입니다.

그리고 전원버튼을 길게 눌러 종료 한 뒤 몇초 후 다시 전원을 켰을 때는 레코딩 시간이 표시되었고 이후에는 문제없이 사용할 수 있었습니다.

(단, 처음 개선사항에 언급하였던 반응 지연현상은 계속되는 것을 확인 할 수 있었습니다. T.T )

2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jay Hong Posted at 10-7 23:25
The idea is that the response delay does not occur only in certain situations, it is irregular, but it seems to be affected by the number of operations(?).

Although it is understandable that action4 is slightly delayed within 0.5 seconds when it is turned on, the response delay in the sleep state is not a phenomenon that occurs only in certain situations and in certain states.

Hi, jazzcat.  Thank you for your reply. Your suggestions will be forwarded to our relevant team. Wit the delay issue, please confirm if the issue happened when the shooting button was triggered, while the action was not immediately taken, which was delayed for several seconds. If so, please format the SD card after backing up, reset the camera, and refresh the firmware version if there is, also confirm if the camera is connected with the DJI Mimo app or stand-alone, and provide the camera log and tested time for further checking.

How to export the logs from the Osmo Action Series:
1. Please reproduce the abnormal process:
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
3. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module. Connect to Osmo Action 4 and a computer using a USB cable.
4. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 4 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 4 (internal storage).
5. Please export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zip file back for analysis and confirmation (Also check the time point when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position).

Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-10-9
Use props
Jay Hong
lvl.3
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-9 06:30
Hi, jazzcat.  Thank you for your reply. Your suggestions will be forwarded to our relevant team. Wit the delay issue, please confirm if the issue happened when the shooting button was triggered, while the action was not immediately taken, which was delayed for several seconds. If so, please format the SD card after backing up, reset the camera, and refresh the firmware version if there is, also confirm if the camera is connected with the DJI Mimo app or stand-alone, and provide the camera log and tested time for further checking.

How to export the logs from the Osmo Action Series:

Okay. I've sent you the log data Links, so please check it.
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jay Hong Posted at 10-9 06:56
Okay. I've sent you the log data Links, so please check it.

Hi, Jay Hong. Thank you for the link. We will forward them to our relevant team for further checking, we'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-10-14
Use props
Jay H
lvl.3
South Korea

GPS Meta data recording only applied to videos?

While using it, I discovered something unique related to GPS.

GPS data does not seem to be recorded in clips shot as photos, slow motion, or time lapse while connected to a remote controller.

Many times I try, I cannot check the GPS location or route history in the Mimo app and other image programs.

For example, photos are not recorded as metadata.

It appears to only apply to recorded video clips.

Can't record GPS data in every clip shoot? (photo, slow motion, time lapse)

I think it would be good to reflect this part as well.

사용중 GPS와 관련된 특이한 점을 발견했습니다.

리모트 컨트롤러와 연결되어있는 상태에서 사진, 슬로우모션, 타임랩스를 촬영한 클립에는 GPS 데이터가 기록되지 않는것 같습니다.

몇번 시도를 해봐도 GPS 위치 또는 경로기록 등을 mimo앱이나 다른 이미지 프로그램에서 확인할 수가 없습니다.

예를 들면 사진 같은 경우 메타 데이터로 기록되어있지 않습니다.

촬영된 동영상 클립에만 적용되는 것으로 보입니다.

촬영하는 모든 클립(사진,슬로우모션,타임랩스)에 GPS데이터를 기록 할 수는 없는건가요?

이 부분도 개선되어 반영하면 좋을 것 같습니다.
2023-10-19
Use props
Jay H
lvl.3
South Korea

The screen bug mentioned above occurred again today.

Although what you see is different, it appears to be a similar bug.

The second debug screen shot today is the screen that appears when you try to press the remote controller's shooting button while Action 4 and the remote controller are in sync and in sleep standby.

This is a video shot at this time.

(The first debug screen is also a video taken in the same situation.)

Below is a video taken when the debug screen was displayed.

Please check it.

First Debug Screen Clip (10/09/2023 - 18:29 KST) -

Second Debug Screen Clip (10/20/2023 - 21:47 KST) -

위에 언급했던 스크린 버그가 오늘 또 다시 발생했습니다.

표시되는 내용은 다르지만 유사한 버그로 보입니다.

오늘 촬영한 두번째 디버그 스크린 화면은 액션4와 리모트 컨트롤러는 싱크된 상태로 슬립 대기인 상태에서 리모트 컨트롤러의 촬영 버튼을 누르려고 할 때 표시된 화면입니다.

이 때 촬영한 영상입니다.

(첫번째 디버그 스크린 화면도 같은 상태에서 촬영된 영상입니다.)

아래는 디버그 화면이 표시되었을 때 촬영한 영상입니다.

확인해 주시면 좋겠습니다.

2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jay H Posted at 10-19 09:04
While using it, I discovered something unique related to GPS.

GPS data does not seem to be recorded in clips shot as photos, slow motion, or time lapse while connected to a remote controller.

Hi, Jay H. Our relevant team would like to have the specific date and time when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position, and better provide a video showing the delay issue when you press the shooting button.
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jay H Posted at 10-20 06:42
The screen bug mentioned above occurred again today.

Although what you see is different, it appears to be a similar bug.

Thank you for this, we will forward the videos to our relevant team for further checking.
2023-10-20
Use props
Jay H
lvl.3
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-20 07:51
Hi, Jay H. Our relevant team would like to have the specific date and time when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position, and better provide a video showing the delay issue when you press the shooting button.

Please note that I have modified the contents of the above two clips by adding additional recording times.

As for the clip in the first situation, a lot of time has passed and the clip I filmed at the time was deleted and I don't have it anymore.

The second situation occurred in standby mode, so there is no corresponding shooting clip.

However, I have the video before and after the shooting without deleting it, but I don't know if it will be helpful.

If necessary, I can send you the log file and before and after clips via link again.

Since I encountered this phenomenon suddenly while using it, I cannot accurately predict under what circumstances and cases it occurs.

I am a bit cautious about using the remote controller.

I wonder if the problem will go away if I completely initialize the remote controller and then link and use it again.

There is no guidance on how to completely reset the device in the user manual.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to attempt a full reset.

위 두개의 클립에 촬영했던 시간을 추가로 표시해 내용을 수정했으니 참고해 주시기 바랍니다.

첫번째 상황의 클립은 시간이 많이 지나 당시 촬영했던 클립을 삭제하였고 지금은 가지고 있지 않습니다.

두번째는 대기상태에서 발생했던 상황이어서 해당되는 촬영 클립이 존재하지 않습니다.

다만 촬영 전과 후의 영상을 삭제하지 않고 가지고 있는데 참고가 될지 모르겠습니다.

필요하시다면 다시한번 링크로 로그파일과 해당전 후 클립을 보내드릴 수 있습니다.

저는 사용중 이러한 현상을 갑작스럽게 접한 경우여서 어떠한 상황과 경우에서 발생하는지 정확히 예측할 수가 없습니다.

리모트 컨트롤러를 사용하기가 조금 조심스럽습니다.

리모트 컨트롤러를 완전히 초기화 한 뒤 다시 링크하고 사용하면 문제가 없어질 수 있을지 궁금합니다.

사용자 매뉴얼에는 완전 초기화 하는 방법에 대한 안내가 없습니다.

완전 초기화를 시도할 수 있는 방법을 알려주시면 고맙겠습니다.

2023-10-20
Use props
Jay H
lvl.3
South Korea

I updated Action4 today.

Included in that is an update to the remote controller.

I believe it's a bugfix.

However, I'm disappointed that it doesn't address some of the screen readability issues like small text and spacing.

Hopefully that will be improved in the next update.

2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jay H Posted at 11-24 03:40
I updated Action4 today.

Included in that is an update to the remote controller.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late notice on this matter. We're glad to know that everything has been sorted out. Rest assured that your feedback regarding the user interface will be forwarded. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns.
2023-12-7
Use props
jbrujah
lvl.1

Germany

please make it so the remote can wake the camera AFTER 30 minutes. I think this means allowing the camera to NOT go off after 30 minutes of sleep. Also, ideally, allow the remote to connect to the camera while the camera is in sleep mode. Currently it can not.
1-25 11:58
Use props
Jay H
lvl.3
South Korea

When changing settings with the custom button on the remote controller, I would like the text displayed on the screen to be larger.

It's so small that you have to look close to see it.

I have inquired before, but there is still no improvement.

I wonder if it is that difficult to change the font size to make it more readable. I definitely hope they change it.
4-13 07:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules