903 7 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd like to be able to control the bottom LED via an RC button. There are countless commands that can be assigned to many of the RC Pro's extra buttons but the Aux LED isn't one of them. The Navigation beacon on top can be assigned but not the bottom LED. I have a payload droping system that is activated by the bottom LED and as of right now the only way to drop the payload is by fumbling through Pilot 2's menu for several moments. Discrete mode can even be controlled by a mapped button, but this doesn't help in my case. When toggling discrete mode on/off the Aux light is off on the next time around.
2023-10-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

+1 on this. Previous Mavics could be mapped to the landing light, but it’s missing for some reason just like Activetrack.
2023-10-12
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 10-12 14:14
+1 on this. Previous Mavics could be mapped to the landing light, but it’s missing for some reason just like Activetrack.

I just now realized that the Mavic 3 Pro/DJI RC can have it's aux light programed to an RC button. Yet, an Enterprise version with an RC Pro upgrade lacks this option. A product line made for photography can do it but one geared towards a search and rescue operation can't. That's DJI logic for you.
2023-10-12
Use props
Jens Manuel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5447854 ft
Netherlands

It's still customised on the Air 2s but i like to see it on the new Mavic series and Air 3 too. I hope they will bring it back some day.
2023-10-14
Use props
snowstorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467831 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I also would appreciate this capability. The bottom LED is a good way to communicate with people on the ground. It is also handy to turn on and off when the drone comes in for lander at night. It should be relatively easy for it be a programmable action. I am not sure why this isn't available when it is available on other Mavic series drones.
2023-10-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I won't start a new thread so I'll put my question here. Is there a known way to have the bottom Aux light on without the green LEDs on the drone arms being on? I want to have this halo effect without the green strobes being in it. I thought before that it would turn them off while recording. So I had the M3E recording a video while this picture was taken but it didn't have them off. Any ideas if this has changed?
2-16 16:50
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-16 16:50
I won't start a new thread so I'll put my question here. Is there a known way to have the bottom Aux light on without the green LEDs on the drone arms being on? I want to have this halo effect without the green strobes being in it. I thought before that it would turn them off while recording. So I had the M3E recording a video while this picture was taken but it didn't have them off. Any ideas if this has changed? [view_image]

Just the front LEDs turn off. For your purpose as in the video, try black tape. I think the green strobe effect is pretty cool, though.
2-16 16:55
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-16 16:55
Just the front LEDs turn off. For your purpose as in the video, try black tape. I think the green strobe effect is pretty cool, though.

Ah, I guess you're right. In the past I've strapped a LED ring light to the bottom, drew power from the USB C port and enabled discrete mode. I guess that'll be what I have to do again.
2-17 08:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules