805 4 2023-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenHopperVisuals
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013205 ft
Canada

Hello,

I’ve been doing waypoint hyperlapses with some great success (some not so much, will make a post about this later), but there is one thing I really want changed in a future firmware update. In regular photo mode you can do up to a 2 second shutter, in hyperlapse, the slowest shutter you can select is 1/3 of a second. I do lots of car movement hyperlapses, 1/3 is not slow enough for my taste, cars are still too choppy. Please give professional users the choice, choice does not hurt. Thank you.
2023-10-9
Use props
BenHopperVisuals
lvl.2
Canada

Oh right, the real kicker is, if you go into auto mode, it jumps right to 2 second shutter. Manual camera controls should have full creative control. It’s even called “pro” mode. Hoping this is a bug and will be fixed asap.
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-9
Use props
BenHopperVisuals
lvl.2
Canada

Well actually literally 5 minutes ago, I figured it out. Shutter speed and photo interval are correlated. With a 2s interval, you’re limited to 1/3s shutter. With a 3s interval you have up to 1.3 seconds, with 4s interval, you can use the full range of shutter speed. This makes sense with the amount of time the shutter needs to be open and then processing power before the next photo can be captured. Hope this helps others.
2023-10-9
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

BenHopperVisuals Posted at 10-9 21:44
Well actually literally 5 minutes ago, I figured it out. Shutter speed and photo interval are correlated. With a 2s interval, you’re limited to 1/3s shutter. With a 3s interval you have up to 1.3 seconds, with 4s interval, you can use the full range of shutter speed. This makes sense with the amount of time the shutter needs to be open and then processing power before the next photo can be captured. Hope this helps others.

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for!
2023-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules