3417 49 2023-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damianoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135548 ft
  • >>>
Poland

We purchased a DJI Matrice 30t drone for the fire brigade. The equipment is very nice, but the coverage is very poor in some places. The drone at a distance of 300-400 meters shows a message: weak signal. Is there any way to amplify the signal? Changing the antenna to a panel one? Or maybe switching the drone to FCC mode, but how to do it?

I would like to ask for advice.

2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Damianoo, sorry for any issue you experienced. Just to verify, may I know if the weak signal issue only exists in some of the areas or if it exists in many of your flights?
If it only happens in some areas, it could be because of the interference around, you may go to Settings and enter HD settings, please check the noises of the current channels, and choose the channel manually if the current flight channel has more interference.
Besides, may I know if you are using an HDMI module? Look forward to your reply.
2023-10-10
Use props
Damianoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

Yes, I used HDMI to output the signal to an external monitor. Very often the problem occurs, but there are areas where the signal is better and there are areas where the signal is very bad.
2023-10-10
Use props
Damianoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

In the same place, my dji mavic 3 has a better signal than dji matrice 30t. Where to look for the cause?
2023-10-14
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I noticed my Matrice 30 is more sensitive to interference from cell towers than my Mavic 3.
I've seen outboard antennas used. There are adapters available for the antenna connections on the RC PRO controller that allow connection to a cable that can be attached to an outboard antenna for greater coverage.
I saw a cool setup on a police car on the forum here so he could control the drone from a nice warm dry place in the winter.
2023-10-15
Use props
Damianoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

So I'm not the only one with a problem. Maybe DJI will do something about it, because DJI Matrice 30T really has a much worse signal than Mavic 3. Update?
2023-10-15
Use props
fanse9a1f53c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1837221 ft
Italy

Damianoo Posted at 10-15 22:00
So I'm not the only one with a problem. Maybe DJI will do something about it, because DJI Matrice 30T really has a much worse signal than Mavic 3. Update?

no non sei l unico e' cosa nota che il matrice 30 a problemi seri di range, interferenze piu degli altri droni DJI noi di crocerossa italiana ci siamo accorti fin dall inizio reclamando il problema, adesso e' uscito un nuovo aggiornamento del 12 10 23 ma non abbiamo ancora provato in volo, comunque non e' possibile che un drone da 15 mila euro abbia di questi problemi, in ambito di soccorso urbano si lavora malissimo perche il segnale e' basso e pieno di interferenze non e' ammisibile da un drone di questa portata. Spero che DJI aggiorni qualcosa di importante, oppue il modo di applicare sulle antenne qualcosa per amplificare il segnale.
2023-10-16
Use props
Damianoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

DJI can we count on an update??? The range problem makes it difficult to carry out rescue operations!
2023-10-16
Use props
Damianoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

I did the test. You need to turn on the airplane mode in the device and the signal is much better.
2023-10-16
Use props
SFO Drohnen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3453320 ft
Switzerland

Damianoo Posted at 10-16 06:28
I did the test. You need to turn on the airplane mode in the device and the signal is much better.

First- acoding to our dealer, the issue is well known. Most of the users we know suffer from this problem. I can just talk for europe. The issue wasn‘t there at the beginnning- but since half a year or so.

Turn on the flight mode does no help very much and is not an option for professional use (downlink).

For us (government agency) the drohne is in fact now useless for you can not rely on it. An so it is for the whole government.
2023-10-24
Use props
Damianoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

Is the manufacturer going to do something about it??? DJI, will you do something or do you not care?
2023-10-24
Use props
GFSchiff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 540591 ft

Germany

Our fire department drone (Matrice M30 T) also has the problems with poor reception that several people have already mentioned. We can also confirm that the problems have only existed for about half a year (location Germany).
In previous training areas with good reception, this is now very poor!
Has anyone received a solution or feedback from DJi?
2023-11-30
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

Our M300 is the same....

Have had situations where it just disconnects within a few hundred meters only to return to home without ever regaining signal.

Some firmware updates and it was better, but generally speaking the mini 3, Mavic Pro (the original), the mini 3, Mavic 3's all have far more superior signal strengths than the M300 has ever had. Which for an enterprise product is shocking... Sad to hear the M30 has the same issues, have one sitting waiting for registration before we can operate it...

2023-12-4
Use props
Eagle 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105118 ft

Switzerland

We know the Range Problems in Switzerland also.
Instead of the M30T, it is better to use an M3T and fly a little closer to the Object.
The range of the M3T is slightly better than the M30T.
The advantages of the M30T's better Camera cannot be used.
I hope DJI can fix this with an Update as soon as possible.

I did a test with DJI M3T, M30T and AUTEL EVO Max 4T.

Flown one after the other in the same Place
M3T = 650 m weak Signal
M30T = 400m lost Link and Return to Home
AUTEL EVO Max 4T = more than 1000m and still full signal whitout interference

We also had Problems with the M30T at 200m at other Locations. A Disaster and a Risk to the Operation!
2023-12-4
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2627959 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i also have the same problem, i ordered a signal extender for the rc plus for ~200 usd since my signal breaks up at around 400-1000m in some spots I pushed it to around 4km in perfect conditions when i was on top of a mountain but not all mission will be in places like this and unfortunately the dji 4g lte module voids the warranty of the drone so that isn't an option either D:

but the only solution is dji dongle for matrice 30 series and a range extender for rc plus
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Damianoo Posted at 10-10 00:10
Yes, I used HDMI to output the signal to an external monitor. Very often the problem occurs, but there are areas where the signal is better and there are areas where the signal is very bad.

I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. As you have mounted the HDMI module, could you please try to remove it and check again?

If it was caused by the HDMI module, this phenomenon is caused by the noise when the device is connected via the HDMI cable, which affects the image transmission. We recommend you to use a cable with higher quality and longer length so that the monitor can be kept away from the remote controller to reduce interference.

If it is not related to the HDMI module, please note that flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area, as obstacles may weaken or block the signal. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, update your drone and RC to the consistent or latest version. Besides, please check the interference of the current flight channel, please change to a channel with less noise if needed. If the issue happens in different open areas, you may consider sending it in for further check.
Please click the "Reply" button if you reply to me so I can receive the reminder. Thank you.

2023-12-5
Use props
Damianoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 12-5 04:28
I am deeply sorry for the belated reply, As you have mounted the HDMI module, could you please try to remove it and check again?

If it was caused by the HDMI module, this phenomenon is caused by the noise when the device is connected via the HDMI cable, which affects the image transmission. We recommend you to use a cable with higher quality and longer length so that the monitor can be kept away from the remote controller to reduce interference.

The HDMI module has no effect on this. In the same place, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic has a much longer range than the DJI Matrice 30T. The drone that is supposed to help the fire brigade has a very poor range. As you can see, I'm not the only one with a problem! All Matrice 30T users have a problem!!! Why aren't you doing anything about it??? I checked different antenna settings and it doesn't help! I have the latest software.
2023-12-5
Use props
Eagle 1
lvl.2

Switzerland

We use the M30T professionally and are all experienced pilots.
The problem is not that obstacles are blocking the connection.

Other drones from DJI and other manufacturers fly further under the same conditions.
The M30T is bigger, costs more and has the shortest range?
The connection quality of the M30T is not satisfactory under CE conditions and is worse than the M3T.
I would welcome it if DJI took these problems seriously and provided a solution.  

Our area of operation is specified. We can't move to the sea and only operate our drones over the open sea because that works better.

The M30T is an enterprise drone and therefore a tool for professional use.
It should therefore certainly not have a shorter range than the hobby drones.
Until now, one of DJI's selling points has been the range.

The LTE solution is currently not an alternative. It does not work in Europe and is unfortunately also provided via a DJI server, which is not good.
We would like a P2P connection without data outflow to DJI.
In addition, LTE coverage is not available everywhere where drones are used.

2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eagle 1 Posted at 12-6 00:01

Hope you are well! Thank you so much for your concern! I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking! Please rest assured that l will update you on the answers once l get the response. Your patience and understanding are well appreciated!
2023-12-6
Use props
Eagle 1
lvl.2

Switzerland

Thank you for your understanding and support Natalia.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eagle 1 Posted at 12-7 06:03
Thank you for your understanding and support Natalia.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Please confirm if the problem occurs in some specific environments, or in all environments?  Please provide us with the info below: please provide the screen recording video, firmware version number, remote control LOG, flight control data, the exact time of the problem, and we will further analysed.

Please check your message box, l will send a link for you. Thank you~
2023-12-8
Use props
Eagle 1
lvl.2

Switzerland

Ok, the drone is in operation. I will try to make the data available as soon as possible and upload it.
2023-12-11
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Damianoo Posted at 10-24 05:07
Is the manufacturer going to do something about it??? DJI, will you do something or do you not care?

I think they should make something like the 4g LTE dongle for enterprise drones since the poor signal makes the drone nearly useless in SAR and surveillance, for me to get good signal I need to be on a mountain which is quite annoying sometimes
2023-12-17
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Eagle 1 Posted at 12-6 00:01

You can buy a 3rd party LTE module but the company hasn't responded to my email unfortunately

https://paladindrones.io/products/paladin-ext/

2023-12-17
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2023-12-5 04:28
I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. As you have mounted the HDMI module, could you please try to remove it and check again?

After buying RC+ and L2 the range of  our M300RTK drops to ~500m and the datatranfer is very very bad.

Please see this report: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 521&pid=3231430  
1-24 03:00
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MIDIC Posted at 1-24 03:00
After buying RC+ and L2 the range of  our M300RTK drops to ~500m and the datatranfer is very very bad.

Please see this report: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=300521&pid=3231430

Hi, I am sorry to hear about the issue. Just to double confirm, the issue only happens when you are using the DJI RC Plus and M300RTK with the Zenmuse L2, right?
Could you please confirm the screenshot of the current firmware version information for further checking? Regarding your feedback about the RTK / NTRIP issue, I will confirm it with the engineers. Thank you for your patience.

The 8005 error on DJI Terra refers to LiDAR point cloud POS data calculation failed, possible causes:
1. The content of some input files at the input path (including IMU data file (.IMU), RTK base station file (.RTB), RTK primary antenna file (.RTK),
RTK secondary antenna file (.RTS) and arm data file (.RTL)) is wrong or data is missing.
2. There is no time overlap between the IMU data file (.IMU) and RTK data (RTK base station file (.RTB), RTK primary antenna file (.RTK),
RTK secondary antenna file (.RTS) and arm data file (.RTL)), and they do not match.
Hope this helps in your case.

1-25 22:26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MIDIC Posted at 1-24 03:00

Please see this report: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=300521&pid=3231430

Hello, regarding the RTK / NTRIP issue, may I double-check which 4G dongle you are using?
If you are using the ZTE MF833U1 Custom, it was supported in Mainland China only.
If you are using ZTE MF833V, it can be used in areas outside of Mainland China.
1-28 01:30
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-28 01:30
Hello, regarding the RTK / NTRIP issue, may I double-check which 4G dongle you are using?
If you are using the ZTE MF833U1 Custom, it was supported in Mainland China only.

The Model is  IG832

As i wrote in another post ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=304790 )  the other Dongles don't fit in the RC+. That's why we have purchased one for another 110€...

1-28 23:01
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-25 22:26
Hi, I am sorry to hear about the issue. Just to double confirm, the issue only happens when you are using the DJI RC Plus and M300RTK with the Zenmuse L2, right?
Could you please confirm the screenshot of the current firmware version information for further checking? Regarding your feedback about the RTK / NTRIP issue, I will confirm it with the engineers. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for your efforts. Here is the Screenshot.

The 8005 error is caused by the malfunctioning LTE Modem by the way...

1-28 23:35
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

MIDIC Posted at 1-28 23:01
The Model is  IG832

No clue what is IG382.

But the EAN code of the correct dongle for RCPLUS must be 6941565924445

If you have a different one then it may be the wrong version.
1-29 00:09
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-28 01:30
If you are using the ZTE MF833U1 Custom, it was supported in Mainland China only.

These dongles are not made for RC Plus...
You'll need to do an internship at DJI to get up to speed.
1-29 00:11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

MIDIC Posted at 1-28 23:01
The Model is  IG832

110euros ? is it a used one or a copy ?

https://www.futuretrends.ch/dji- ... te-usb-c-modem.html
https://www.studiosport.fr/dongl ... ise-dji-a26985.html
1-29 00:14
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-29 00:09
No clue what is IG382.

But the EAN code of the correct dongle for RCPLUS must be 6941565924445

Yes, we have the same EAN

... and it works for 5 minutes, then the network connection breaks down.
1-29 01:05
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Neither .... nor

It is an original one directly from China

https://djioemparts.com/collecti ... /4g-cellular-dongle

DJI Dongle01.jpg
1-29 01:07
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

MIDIC Posted at 1-29 01:07
Neither .... nor

It is an original one directly from China
[Image]

Have you tried with another SIM card?  
Have you tried the SIM card in another device?
1-29 02:52
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-29 02:52
Have you tried with another SIM card?  
Have you tried the SIM card in another device?

I get a bit lunatic right now.

I tried the network connection this morning. After less than 30 seconds the connection collapsed. Then i contacted the provider (T-Mobile), they will send me a new SIM and have "no experience with SIM-Cards, which does not work in certain  devices".

Now i've tested the connection again - just for fun -  now it works surprisingly for 30 minutes!
1-29 03:51
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

MIDIC Posted at 1-29 03:51
I get a bit lunatic right now.

I tried the network connection this morning. After less than 30 seconds the connection collapsed. Then i contacted the provider (T-Mobile), they will send me a new SIM and have "no experience with SIM-Cards, which does not work in certain  devices".

SIM cards are electronic components like any other, nothing exceptional.  The architecture of DJI's RC means that this card is in its enclosure which is itself in the enclosure of the RC.  It's not very thermal friendly but that's how it is!  

Why doesn't DJI directly integrate a SIM port natively into the RC?  Probably for compatibility reasons.  
It is certainly simpler and less expensive to produce a single RC model, then leave it to the customer to choose their module according to their region.
1-29 04:13
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-29 04:13
SIM cards are electronic components like any other, nothing exceptional.  The architecture of DJI's RC means that this card is in its enclosure which is itself in the enclosure of the RC.  It's not very thermal friendly but that's how it is!  

Why doesn't DJI directly integrate a SIM port natively into the RC?  Probably for compatibility reasons.  

"Why doesn't DJI directly integrate a SIM port natively into the RC?"

Yes, that's the question. I can image, that there are not so many pilots who need a network connection for NTRIP and the cost or licensing fees for network modules are too high. An the other ones are a minority of lunatic tech nerds with a disposition for problem finding.
1-29 04:56
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

MIDIC Posted at 1-29 04:56
"Why doesn't DJI directly integrate a SIM port natively into the RC?"

Yes, that's the question. I can image, that there are not so many pilots who need a network connection for NTRIP and the cost or licensing fees for network modules are too high. An the other ones are a minority of lunatic tech nerds with a disposition for problem finding.

I flew with my RC+ and dongle in every weather conditions, no issue on my side. A defective dongle? Not properly installed?
1-29 08:54
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-29 08:54
I flew with my RC+ and dongle in every weather conditions, no issue on my side. A defective dongle? Not properly installed?

On this one I am from the defective SIM card team.
I recently had a similar problem with my phone, a very unstable connection when roaming. Back in the country, change the SIM card, because it was the only solution that the operator was able to offer, and miraculously it worked.
1-29 10:35
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules