535 4 2023-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyMauro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2313 ft

Italy

Hello, everyone,
I have searched for information on this subject, but have found nothing; if this post turns out to be a duplicate, I would kindly ask you to link me to the discussion to follow.

I own a Mini2, but I think the question may also apply to other models.

I happened to switch off the radio control and drone after the last flight, but forgot to stop the video recording.

The consequence is that the last MP4 file on the micro SD is not readable.

I have also tried to fix it with VLC, but to no avail.

Finally, I come to the question: is there a system for recovering recordings that have not been stopped correctly?

I'm also wondering why DJI does not automatically close the recording when the drone is switched off.
Closing the recording could take place as part of the drone's shutdown procedure, or when a certain battery level is reached.
Yes, because shutting down the drone is not always a voluntary action by the user. A crash may occur or a temporary loss of the drone, etc.
Keeping recordings safe should be a goal.

Thanks for attention and best regards

2023-10-10
Use props
FlyMauro
lvl.1

Italy

Thank you very much for your information.

To be honest, I didn't have anything important to retrieve because they were recordings made during test flights. I was more interested in understanding.

Your information is precious to me. Thanks again.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we don't have a system to recover damaged files. Regarding automatically closing the recording when the drone is switched off, we will gather this feedback and will forward it to our relevant team as a suggestion. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-11
Use props
FlyMauro
lvl.1

Italy

I am glad that my suggestion can be useful.
2023-10-11
Use props
EllinorWilliam
lvl.2

There are a few reasons why DJI may have chosen not to automatically close the recording when the drone is switched off. One reason is that it would add a bit of extra time to the shutdown procedure. This may not seem like a big deal, but it could be an issue for users who need to quickly shut down their drones for any reason. Another reason is that it could potentially lead to lost footage.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules