48Mpx pictures in panorama mode?
491 3 2023-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arek Akki
New

Poland

Hi

Can DJI allow to take 48Mpx pictures in panorama mode?
I think it could be problematic regarding stiching onboard...

I suggest to allow 2 modes of taking panoramas - lets call it  "standard mode" and "pro mode"

"Pro" users needs 48Mpix panorama images  (images only, 48Mpix, no stiching onboard in drone)(if required - a bit slower process of taking images)
"Pro" users do not need  panorama final image stiching onboard (because pro advanced stiching is made in external post advanced dedicated software)

So maybe keep "normal mode" panorama as 12Mpix + stiching onboard for normal users
And maybe add "pro mode" (48Mpix panorama, images only, no stiching onboard in drone) -  for pro users who want to use full sensor resolution.

Best Regards
Arek

2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_EOq28R5LBFhX
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-11 02:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I am surprised this disappointing limitation was not handled since MINI 3 Pro. Both drones have great potential for high resolution 360 panoramas, yet DJI ignored this feature. No stitching on board is needed for high-end users. Just full resolution 48mpx DNG shots without JPGs.
2023-11-20
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_EOq28R5LBFhX Posted at 11-20 11:25
I am surprised this disappointing limitation was not handled since MINI 3 Pro. Both drones have great potential for high resolution 360 panoramas, yet DJI ignored this feature. No stitching on board is needed for high-end users. Just full resolution 48mpx DNG shots without JPGs.

You can take the hi res photos manually and post stitch them. Though it is time consuming to shoot that way. It would be nice if that process could be automated.
2023-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules