Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
littlejohn
lvl.1

Italy

Hi everyone,

i would like to buy a monitor to use with the hdmi module in my Phantom 3,  
do you think this should be ok?  http://www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/hdmi/969gl/

I see taht it has a max resolution of 1920×1080....will it work with the phantom 3?

2015-9-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should do.. Does not say if it has a built in battery though. Might need an external power pack.

I will be making a short review of a new set-up I have put together over the coming weekend. Might be of interest to you ;)
2015-9-4
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

I was torn between how to set up my rig.
Could maybe buy a nice pair of goggles, or get a monitor. So I ended up basing my decision around the 4 transmitter ports found at the back.
1) USB
2) unknown
3) Mini USB
4) HDMI

I think you can have 2 outputs at once.
The USB port is great for DJI GO, so I have an iPad Air 2 for people to watch.
But I heard the HDMI out won't display visual telemetric data, and I'm guessing won't have all the interactive functions of DJI GO.

So, seeing as I already have a nice big screen, another monitor seems pointless. Especially if
a) live feed is not 1080
b) HDMI out won't display telemetric data or have map/camera controls (touchscreen)

So, I might try goggles. Will cut down glare, and others can still use the tablet to control other options.
Basically, my point is that I didn't see any advantages in purchasing a monitor.
Only disadvantages.
2015-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Lilliput range of monitors have provision on the back for plugging in an external 7.2 volt battery, usually a fairly commonly available Sony, Panasonic or Canon camera batteries. They are primarily intended for use with DSLRs. However they are notorious for having a dodgy implementation of the HDMI video signal. You would be well advised to try and check it works with your HDMI module before buying. Having said that, the video output signal is relatively low spec and should be OK.
2015-9-4
Use props
littlejohn
lvl.1

Italy

thanks everybody...this monitor can have a battery backup even if i saw taht those batteries costs almost like the phantom ones! I think i will wait the review of your setup Sploodge    can you anticipate something?
2015-9-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

littlejohn Posted at 2015-9-4 10:08
thanks everybody...this monitor can have a battery backup even if i saw taht those batteries costs a ...

I will post details later, it will arrive to my house today. I purchased it for something else but then thought, mmmmmm, could I use it with the P3 for clients to view as I do jobs. Need to see if it works before I recommend it

If it does works, should work out cheaper than the Lilliput one.. And IMO, be better.
2015-9-4
Use props
littlejohn
lvl.1

Italy

that's just for what i should use it and i like the word cheaper and better
2015-9-4
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's 4:3, you want something that is 16:9
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

littlejohn Posted at 2015-9-4 17:55
that's just for what i should use it and i like the word cheaper and better

i think you can do a lot better fo $450 or as sploodge said for a lot less.
2015-9-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is the initial test of the new setup I have - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=29977
2015-9-4
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Kit Walker Posted at 2015-9-4 01:48
I was torn between how to set up my rig.
Could maybe buy a nice pair of goggles, or get a monitor. S ...

The controller USB connects the Phantom controller to a TABLET running DJI GO only.  No TV will display anything through the USB connector.   You cannot connect anything but a Android or iOS device to the main USB connector on the remote controller.  (Or a memory stick for software upgrades.)

HDMI is an OUTPUT for displaying the TV lightbridge image only.  No interactivity.  HDMI is a ONE WAY connection for TV displays.  No touch interaction capability whatsoever.  And yes... You can plug video goggles into the HDMI connector... But you will not be able to control anything through your eyeballs either.

You CAN display some limited telemetry overlay on the HDMI out.  There is a simple switch in the DJI GO app to turn the display info on or off.  That's it.  (You can't pick & choose what info is displayed. You get to pick ON or OFF.)

Also keep in mind the HDMI out is 720P.  You can connect a 1080 monitor... But it will only display the 720P lightbridge image.  (Cuz that's all the resolution transmitted by lightbridge.)
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules