Flight Logs For Older Drones
505 10 2023-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeVegas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62244 ft

United States

I'm wondering why I can't see recorded flights from my old drones in DJI Fly.  The 'Total Distance' and 'Total Flight Time' and 'Total Flights' are included in my profile, but when I click on 'More' the recorded flights aren't there.

I had a Phantom 3 which used GO and always synched flight records.  Then I got a Phantom 4 and always synched the flight records on GO 4. I could see the recorded flights from both drones in GO 4.  Shouldn't I be able to see them all now on FLY ?
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JoeVegas. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask if you use the same account from the 3 applications?
2023-10-11
Use props
JoeVegas
lvl.1

United States

Yes I do use the same account for all three drones and all three apps.
2023-10-11
Use props
JoeVegas
lvl.1

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-11 17:35
Fly only shows flight logs for birds that use the Fly app.  The Phantom 3 & Phantom 4 use DJI Go or DJI Go4.  Likewise birds that use the Fly app don't appear in the flight logs for Go or Go4.

Then why are those older flights included in the totals of ‘Distance’ the ‘Flight Time’ and ‘Total Flights’  ?
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JoeVegas Posted at 10-11 18:03
Then why are those older flights included in the totals of ‘Distance’ the ‘Flight Time’ and ‘Total Flights’  ?

Hello, there. About the logic for flight records on the DJI FLY APP/DJI GO/DJI GO4 APP.
The flight records of DJI Fly are the combination of all the current flight records saved on the server by the account:
DJI Fly flight record = The flight records that are sent to the server by the aircraft that uses DJI Fly + the flight records that are sent to the server by DJI GO/DJI GO 4
DJI FLY APP cannot view individual flight records of the DJI GO/GO4.
In addition, flight records synced to the server by the DJI FLY APP are not available for download in DJI GO/DJI GO4.
2023-10-11
Use props
JoeVegas
lvl.1

United States

Thank you - I understand.  I wasn't expecting the records from the FLY app to be backward compatible and viewable in the GO 4 app.  However I had hope that the records would be forward compatible since the records from the GO app were viewable in the GO 4 app.   I now understand that won't happen. Thank you to all for the information.
2023-10-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am curious as to how you could view P3 logs in Go4?
I can not, even when I copy the P3 logs to the Go4 FlightRecord folder.
2023-10-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-12 06:34
If you need to review older flight data, install Go or Go4, sign in to your account, then sync your flight records.

Not being awkward but with an avatar distance of only 62,244ft he hasn't synced many logs using the thread's account.
If there are other logs flown under different logins  then he will have to sync each login and will at any one time only be able to view the flights flown under the login in use.

Or that's the way it works for me.

From memory the logs for, for example Go, will all end up in the same folder but Go will only show the logs flown under the current login.
From that behaviour, I think there must be something in the log that records the 'ownership' of the log.
2023-10-12
Use props
JoeVegas
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-12 06:24
I am curious as to how you could view P3 logs in Go4?
I can not, even when I copy the P3 logs to the Go4 FlightRecord folder.

After getting the P4 and logging in the GO4 app I logged out, went back into the GO app and synched the records. Then the next time I logged into GO 4 I was able to see the P3 records.
2023-10-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JoeVegas Posted at 10-12 07:55
After getting the P4 and logging in the GO4 app I logged out, went back into the GO app and synched the records. Then the next time I logged into GO 4 I was able to see the P3 records.

Ahh, thanks, I copied mine from 'Go' to Go4..
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JoeVegas Posted at 10-12 05:46
Thank you - I understand.  I wasn't expecting the records from the FLY app to be backward compatible and viewable in the GO 4 app.  However I had hope that the records would be forward compatible since the records from the GO app were viewable in the GO 4 app.   I now understand that won't happen. Thank you to all for the information.

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules