Does the Mini 4 Pro work with the RC Pro?
4204 20 2023-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I'm kind of interested in this drone, but would prefer to use the controller I already own and know - if possible. My understanding is that it doesn't work, but my info may not be current (or correct). If it doesn't work, is there a possibility of it working in the future, or is the radio tech used not compatible?
2023-10-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

The RC Pro is more than capable, but DJI has not released the proper firmware for this to happen, and don't care to tell us if they ever will...

Customers Care: ZERO
2023-10-12
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

To answer your question, no. the RC pro uses OC3 the Mini 4 pro uses OC4. OC3 and OC4 broadcast in different wave lengths , I think. they will most likely come out with RC pro2 soon
2023-10-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

You asked for facts, not for feelings.  The facts are today the RC Pro does not work with the Mini 4 Pro and the facts are we don't know for sure when and if it will be compatible.
2023-10-12
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 10-12 15:04
You asked for facts, not for feelings.  The facts are today the RC Pro does not work with the Mini 4 Pro and the facts are we don't know for sure when and if it will be compatible.

And the feeling is: NOT GOOD, even though he didn't ask...
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro only works with the DJI RC 2 and DJI RC-N2 controller. We will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-12
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-12 15:47
The perpetual negativity is tiresome.  The RC Pro is roughly 2 years old.  The Air 3, Mini 4 Pro, & O4 did not exist when it was released.  No one was sold an RC Pro with a promise or guarantee that it would support every drone & transmission protocol DJI deploys until the end of all time.  The only guarantee RC Pro owners have is that it works with the drones listed as compatible at the time of purchase.  Perhaps the RC Pro will become compatible with a future update.  That would be great.  Be patient & your desire may come true.

Can't agree more, I'm looking forward to flying the Mini4 and Mavic4 with the RC Pro2, or whatever DJI calls it, more than seeing this firmware update to the RC Pro.
2023-10-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 10-12 16:23
Can't agree more, I'm looking forward to flying the Mini4 and Mavic4 with the RC Pro2, or whatever DJI calls it, more than seeing this firmware update to the RC Pro.

Agreed, I would rather have to sell my RCPro and purchase the RCPro2 as long as it works with Mavic 3 Pro.
2023-10-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-12 15:47
The perpetual negativity is tiresome.  The RC Pro is roughly 2 years old.  The Air 3, Mini 4 Pro, & O4 did not exist when it was released.  No one was sold an RC Pro with a promise or guarantee that it would support every drone & transmission protocol DJI deploys until the end of all time.  The only guarantee RC Pro owners have is that it works with the drones listed as compatible at the time of purchase.  Perhaps the RC Pro will become compatible with a future update.  That would be great.  Be patient & your desire may come true.

Now all you have to do if to find someone who cares...

Good luck with that...
2023-10-13
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Most probably there are significant changes in the Baseband Chip/Processor for the Software Defined Radio (SDR) used for O4 that will not be backward compatible with older hardware. That's called technical progress and is how it is. If you buy something take it "as is for today". Do you never expect that it is future proof for new technologies to come. That's not how things go. You cannot fix everything just by applying firmware updates.

I am pretty sure there is no backward compatibility for running O4 on a RC PRO.
2023-10-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-13 05:24
Obviously you care, else you would not have graced us with another inane bit of whining.

Have a Kleenex on me, mate!

I need more than a kleenex... You are stuck under one of my shoe...
2023-10-14
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for all the input. Still on the fence. Having to get a new controller isn't a deal killer. Kind of holding out to see what new support the next few firmware updates for the RC Pro have in them.

The Occusync 3 vs 4 thing - that seems to be misleading - there actually is quite a bit of backwards and cross compatibility in actual practice. The RC Pro (occusync 3) works with the latest Mavic 3 Pro, which is an oc 4 device, and the Air 2S, which is an oc 3 device, works fine with the Smart Controller, which is an oc 2 device. These are just examples, there's quite a few other examples of this. Of course, all this cross compatibility makes one wonder just how much of this occusync "tech" is just marketing jargon.
2023-10-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

sduck Posted at 10-14 05:36
Thanks for all the input. Still on the fence. Having to get a new controller isn't a deal killer. Kind of holding out to see what new support the next few firmware updates for the RC Pro have in them.

The Occusync 3 vs 4 thing - that seems to be misleading - there actually is quite a bit of backwards and cross compatibility in actual practice. The RC Pro (occusync 3) works with the latest Mavic 3 Pro, which is an oc 4 device, and the Air 2S, which is an oc 3 device, works fine with the Smart Controller, which is an oc 2 device. These are just examples, there's quite a few other examples of this. Of course, all this cross compatibility makes one wonder just how much of this occusync "tech" is just marketing jargon.

Nice to see that you are taking the time to see what is really what...

If you search around a bit, you will find that all version of DJI Occusync, are mainly software related..

Thing is, if people didn't rush out to buy the latest, by now the RC Pro would already have had the firmware upgrade...
2023-10-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 10-14 05:36
Thanks for all the input. Still on the fence. Having to get a new controller isn't a deal killer. Kind of holding out to see what new support the next few firmware updates for the RC Pro have in them.

The Occusync 3 vs 4 thing - that seems to be misleading - there actually is quite a bit of backwards and cross compatibility in actual practice. The RC Pro (occusync 3) works with the latest Mavic 3 Pro, which is an oc 4 device, and the Air 2S, which is an oc 3 device, works fine with the Smart Controller, which is an oc 2 device. These are just examples, there's quite a few other examples of this. Of course, all this cross compatibility makes one wonder just how much of this occusync "tech" is just marketing jargon.

Mavic 3 Pro is O3+, not O4.
2023-10-14
Use props
johnnysodgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3963642 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone who wants to use a mini 4 pro for professional use with a video output could just point a gopro at the RC 2 controller screen!
2023-11-22
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

johnnysodgmail.com Posted at 11-22 00:15
Anyone who wants to use a mini 4 pro for professional use with a video output could just point a gopro at the RC 2 controller screen!

Not sure what that has to do with this thread.
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_4hPoW5X7fBqB
New
Romania

As far as I understand, O3 and O4 is not a matter of hardware but rather of firmware!
The RC Pro, as the flagship controller is only two years old, and such a controller, for the price, is not old enough to be ditched yet!
If it was five, six ++ years old, then I’d get why dji would not make it backwards forward compatible!
If it was cheaper and not the flagship, I would also understand why dji would not make it forward compatible!
But it is neither!
Apple got a bunch of crap for this, including some law suits, and they ended up changing their entire strategy from “forcing” you to buy - new phone every 2 years to keeping their phones viable for at least 6-7years, by not slowing them down with the next OS update!
The RC pro should be “the product” to last at least 6-7 years for it’s status!
And I get the profit problem, but hey…there is a thin line between the profit margin and customer satisfaction that basically states that if you invest in the flagship, it should have more “life”!
2023-12-26
Use props
Hill Peaceman
lvl.1
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 2023-10-12 15:47

Its not negativity !!! it is just fact !!!
Every Dji new product seem's to be not compatible with the old one. If the life cycle of a product is for 2 years you must be a millionnaire.
Mavic 3 => no sdk (you must buy a mavic 3 pro and throw your mavic 3)
RC Pro => no support of mini 4 pro (you must buy rc2 and throw your rc pro)
I will consider if I continue to be interested in dji product.
1-25 11:03
Use props
djiuser_YNvsqdASObN0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3646791 ft
Portugal

Hello, any update to the RC so it can be possible to have clean feed/video out by usb-c - hdmi cable? DJI please do a firmware update with OSD turn off option.
2-27 11:17
Use props
KARMATEQUE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214587 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Honestly, dji is notorious with di*k moves like this as the mavic 3 release followed by the pro version right after then scraping the first all together.
You’re telling me, you’ll sell a thousand $ controller then make it not compatible with the next batch of drone versions from 3 to 4.
Man what a di*k move,
IMG_8697.jpeg
4-3 05:56
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

KARMATEQUE Posted at 4-3 05:56
Honestly, dji is notorious with di*k moves like this as the mavic 3 release followed by the pro version right after then scraping the first all together.
You’re telling me, you’ll sell a thousand $ controller then make it not compatible with the next batch of drone versions from 3 to 4.
Man what a di*k move,

I want to express my deepest apologies for the frustration and disappointment you're experiencing. It's truly disheartening when a valued customer like yourself encounters these kinds of challenges. Your feedback is crucial for us, and I want you to know that we will take your words to heart as we work to improve our products and services. Your experience matters, and we are committed to making things right for you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
4-3 11:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules