How disable restrictions from not being logged in?
1162 12 2023-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flappy Bird
New
United States

While I like my DJI, frankly to be restricted to 30m/50m merely because I'm not logged in is completely unacceptable.

If there is no way in DJI app to disable this ridiculous feature, my DJI is functionally useless whenever I'm out of
internet range, which is a lot of places. Besides which, as a matter of principle, the FAA doesn't require this, so I
find it patronizing and intrusive.

Unless this restriction is removed, I won't be buying any more products from this brand.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Flappy Bird. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, there's no way to disable the feature. Please note that this feature will only happen if you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flappy bird, since you appear to have the Mini 2, Litchi perhaps?
2023-10-13
Use props
Flappy Bird
New
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-13 02:04
Flappy bird, since you appear to have the Mini 2, Litchi perhaps?

that looks like an autopilot, which I don't really need, but if this can be worked around by using a different app then I guess I'll have to.

Too bad the DJI company has this attitude. I can see no plausible reason to restrict offline flight, other than intrusive control and monitoring purposes. This makes me suspicious of allowing them to see any of my flight data at all.
2023-10-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Litchi isn't an auto pilot though I think it can fly way point flights but I have never tried
2023-10-13
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a pain, I travelled to a very remote location only to find I was logged out, had to drive about to 4 miles to get a phone signal to log in, then drive back again to do what I was going to do.
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dale 68 Posted at 10-13 23:19
It is a pain, I travelled to a very remote location only to find I was logged out, had to drive about to 4 miles to get a phone signal to log in, then drive back again to do what I was going to do.

Hi, Dale. Thank you for reaching out. If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a good practice to check the app on a location with a WiFi network or internet connection to ensure that you are logged in before going to a remote location without any signals at all. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-10-19
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

It is a crazy requirement when you are in a remote area.
I have encountered the same issue, been hundreds of miles from cell or internet service.
In fact the odds of interfering with aviation or anything else when in a remote are such as this is virtually non-existent.
2023-10-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

But why???

Why is this crippling "safety feature" not listed on the Official DJI website???

Why it went from three months down to one month???

And more importantly, after so many complaints, why is it still one month???

I'm all for safety and don't really care if DJI wants to monitor my movements, but this is definitely not the way to go about it...

If, and that is a big fat if, it really is a safety feature, have the decency to both advertise it and explain it to your customers!
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Burt37 Posted at 10-20 13:50
But why???

Why is this crippling "safety feature" not listed on the Official DJI website???

Hi there, Burt37. We appreciate your feedback. We will surely coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. Rest assured that we always value every recommendation by our customers. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_vB3EVLqVrFXm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66562 ft
Canada

I do agree with folks and wish I knew this because yesterday I drove 3 hours to do some documenting with no cell phone reception  to login and rendered the drone useless besides on flat areas and constantly had to update home point which would have been within reason usable but the height restrictions and terrain with elevation differences made it impossible to make Arial photos and video since I would have to constantly climb hills and rolling rock terrain so all of that became rendered useless and like say a useless 3hr drive for nothing with drone use
2023-12-29
Use props
djiuser_KHPaoudYErmJ
New
United States

I have had problems with this on my Mini. I was looking to upgrade to a Mavic 3, but this is a deal.breaker. There is no reason that I can see for this other than to force us to continually log in.
4-21 19:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KHPaoudYErmJ Posted at 4-21 19:46
I have had problems with this on my Mini. I was looking to upgrade to a Mavic 3, but this is a deal.breaker. There is no reason that I can see for this other than to force us to continually log in.

Hi there. This is to ensure flight safety. The FlySafe Database will be updated occasionally, requiring users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.
Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90 days, the APP is not connected to the Internet.
We request for your patience and understanding.
4-21 20:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules