Drone Japan Registration
456 6 2023-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronepoochi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255256 ft
Ireland

Hello, has anyone registered recently in order to legally fly drones in Japan? I registered, paid and got the approval, but just confused about the last few steps. What code am I printing and sticking into the drone. Is it this one (refer to attached image)

Registration

Registration
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there.
You can check the English Guidance here:
https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/content/mlit_HB_web_en_2022.pdf
From the picture, we can only see the first 2 alphabets.
The format should be JU1234ABCDEF
Would you please check?
2023-10-13
Use props
dronepoochi
lvl.1
Ireland

Thanks for additional guidance. Yes, the format is like that I just redacted some of the letters.
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dronepoochi Posted at 10-13 02:05
Thanks for additional guidance. Yes, the format is like that I just redacted some of the letters.

You are welcome. May we know if your issue has been resolved?
2023-10-13
Use props
dronepoochi
lvl.1
Ireland

Yes, thank you very much.
2023-10-15
Use props
dronepoochi
lvl.1
Ireland

Another question, I purchased my AIR2s here in Ireland. While I already got the approval for Japan DIPS. I'm still curious why there is no remote ID appearing on my Flyapp, I chose Built-In when during the application in Japan DIPS. All firmware and Flyapp is update to date, is it the case that the REMOTE SN will act as the REMOTE ID? Also, I cannot verify that my Remote ID is broadcasting.
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dronepoochi Posted at 10-15 13:20
Another question, I purchased my AIR2s here in Ireland. While I already got the approval for Japan DIPS. I'm still curious why there is no remote ID appearing on my Flyapp, I chose Built-In when during the application in Japan DIPS. All firmware and Flyapp is update to date, is it the case that the REMOTE SN will act as the REMOTE ID? Also, I cannot verify that my Remote ID is broadcasting.

Hi there, the option will appear when the drone/app detects the current location is in Japan. It is not available when you are in Ireland. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules