1421 10 2023-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 946362 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen that Lowepro has this backpack for the Inspire 2; I'm curious if it'll work for Inspire 3 or not?
https://www.lowepro.com/global/droneguard-pro-inspired-lp37024-pww/

Hopefully a few more options may be released too. I dont plan on hiking with it too often but there'll be those moments for sure, or just small walks not wanting to be an eyesore with a giant pelican or roller haha.
2023-10-15
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

The key to making this work is to insert the drone in 'Travel Mode', as opposed to the landing mode required for the Inspire 2, and then face it backwards. It's not a perfect fit, but it does work. Also, the I3 camera and lens case fit perfectly and flush when placed in the position shown in the attached photos.
365221349_2303503099841842_8417819048583216529_n.jpg
365260014_2303502966508522_1851914402952304812_n.jpg
2023-10-16
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 10-16 11:22
The key to making this work is to insert the drone in 'Travel Mode', as opposed to the landing mode required for the Inspire 2, and then face it backwards. It's not a perfect fit, but it does work. Also, the I3 camera and lens case fit perfectly and flush when placed in the position shown in the attached photos.

Well done! I wonder if there's any way to cover up the arms to protect it from rain.  Yes, being able to conveniently travel with this drone on your back is an essential item just like the ND filters for this drone that are still out of stock months later
2023-10-16
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-16 14:15
Well done! I wonder if there's any way to cover up the arms to protect it from rain.  Yes, being able to conveniently travel with this drone on your back is an essential item just like the ND filters for this drone that are still out of stock months later

Yep absolutely!!

I cannot even believe how the ND filters are still out of stock! No one's going to make travel bags for this either because of its expensive price point of entry so probably not a lot of sales for the item, such a bummer. Need to find me the IP2 backpack
2023-10-17
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JJungPhoto Posted at 10-17 08:39
Yep absolutely!!

I cannot even believe how the ND filters are still out of stock! No one's going to make travel bags for this either because of its expensive price point of entry so probably not a lot of sales for the item, such a bummer. Need to find me the IP2 backpack

I went with the nisi variable filters 1-5 and 5-9, there's no longer a need to purchase dji nd filters but the annoying thing is you have to buy both a 46mm and a 55mm nisi variable nd filter for the 18mm lens because it's wider than the other lenses.  More money out of your pocket
2023-10-20
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-20 19:03
I went with the nisi variable filters 1-5 and 5-9, there's no longer a need to purchase dji nd filters but the annoying thing is you have to buy both a 46mm and a 55mm nisi variable nd filter for the 18mm lens because it's wider than the other lenses.  More money out of your pocket

Good to know. Any color off with the nisi or are you overall happy?
2023-10-20
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JJungPhoto Posted at 10-20 19:55
Good to know. Any color off with the nisi or are you overall happy?

Oh, Just letting you know that I'm not happy at all with the colors coming from the I3 at all.  Since it's a cinematic camera, we don't get vibrant colors we would get from a mavic 3.  The colors tend to be dim and dull but its the extra detail 8k quality and even the 4k 120 fps is a step up from the mavic 3 and plus the impressive dynamic range that sets this drone apart from the others otherwise I have only seen one sample of all the I3 footage out there that demonstrates the drones ability to show vibrant colors and water and that must have been pro color grading from devinsupertramp opening I3 seen on this video   I always tend to blow out any attempt to get mid day vibrant footage.  I've tested out all stops for these ND filters and either you are blowing out your footage or the footage is too dim.

The I3 camera tends to work best in sunrise, sunset, and low light conditions.  It's terrible when shooting partly cloudy days where the bright sun is also affecting the camera sensor causing the footage to blow out or throw on a 5 stop (32 ND) and suddenly the picture is too dim and then you mess with the iris or EV settings and it still doesn't look right.

I'm still waiting for a good tutorial for shooting with the best settings with the I3 along with appropriate use of the ND filters because this does not work like your typical camera.  Billy Kyle might be our only hope as he's the one that made the inspire 2 life saving tutorials but he's far too busy doing reviews on other drones.  I'm begging him to work with the I3 some more
2023-10-21
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-21 09:01
Oh, Just letting you know that I'm not happy at all with the colors coming from the I3 at all.  Since it's a cinematic camera, we don't get vibrant colors we would get from a mavic 3.  The colors tend to be dim and dull but its the extra detail 8k quality and even the 4k 120 fps is a step up from the mavic 3 and plus the impressive dynamic range that sets this drone apart from the others otherwise I have only seen one sample of all the I3 footage out there that demonstrates the drones ability to show vibrant colors and water and that must have been pro color grading from devinsupertramp opening I3 seen on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2A5TL1w8ZU.  I always tend to blow out any attempt to get mid day vibrant footage.  I've tested out all stops for these ND filters and either you are blowing out your footage or the footage is too dim.

The I3 camera tends to work best in sunrise, sunset, and low light conditions.  It's terrible when shooting partly cloudy days where the bright sun is also affecting the camera sensor causing the footage to blow out or throw on a 5 stop (32 ND) and suddenly the picture is too dim and then you mess with the iris or EV settings and it still doesn't look right.

This video is titled Death Diving - World's Best Belly Flops (Almost)! Døds. I can't show it on this forum
2023-10-21
Use props
philipreichwein
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511660 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ScooterC5 Posted at 10-16 11:22

Hey Scooter, is it possible to also store both controllers inside the backpack?
2023-12-3
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

In my opinion  its best to insert the I3 as its supposed to. Thats nose up in landing mode bottom to the back.. Otherwise the support beams on the arms get stressed because they get pushed in by the pack.
As the fpv cam is now fully up front you'll need to take care of that jsut to make sure its not scratsching. But tilting it down and covering it with a small towel is more then good enough protection.

2023-12-3
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

philipreichwein Posted at 12-3 07:23
Hey Scooter, is it possible to also store both controllers inside the backpack?

I decided to store 6 sets of TB51, lenskit and X9 in it as I fly in a dual OP setup 99%.
There is additional room for other small stuff. But I'd say Take someone along and that one takes the RC's and additional batteries.
2023-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules