3207 19 2023-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Launch date is said to be late October.

"The full DJI Pocket 3 product description, translated into English, reads as follows.

The Osmo Pocket 3 handheld gimbal camera uses DI’s advanced  three-axis gimbal mechanical stabilization technology to achieve stable  picture shooting in a variety of scenarios. It uses a 1-inch image  sensor to ensure pure image quality in a large light ratio environment.  It also supports 10-Bit D-Log M color mode, which improves the dynamic  range of video images and expands the post-production color grading  space.
    Osmo Pocket 3 is equipped with a unique rotating touch screen design,  you can start shooting by rotating the screen. Through the screen, you  can preview the shooting screen, set camera parameters, and easily  switch between horizontal and vertical shooting modes. The body is  equipped with 3 microphones to record stereo sound and realize  intelligent wind noise reduction. It also supports the connection of  expansion microphones or monitoring headphones. Osmo Pocket 3 can be  paired with a variety of accessories, such as Osmo Pocket 31/4″ threaded  handle, Osmo Pocket 3 battery life handle, Osmo mini tripod, Osmo  Pocket 3 extender, etc., making the experience in various shooting  scenarios even better."

For more details and pics and advert images, search YouTube and the web for recent revelations.

Pros -
1-inch type sensor
10-Bit D-Log M color mode
rotating touch screen - neat trick which keeps it slim in the pocket
connection of  expansion microphones or monitoring headphones - USB-C audio input, I wonder?
battery life handle - for longer powering
Pocket 3 extender - great, I love the Pocket 2 version

Cons -

The body is  equipped with 3 microphones to record stereo sound - backwards step from the 4 on the Pocket 2
rotating touch screen - hopefully it's robust for years of rotating
battery life handle - so no repllaceable batteries, though DJI have alsways said this would increase size too much
Pocket 3 extender - I hate to think of the cost of the Pocket 3 plus these must-have accessories!

2023-10-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think including accessories around €500 , have to say out of all dji small cameras the pocket 1/2 have been the easiest and most pleasurable to use as well as the fact no one seems bothered by them. I really like them and this step up in quality and use ability I for one will be buying on day 1.
2023-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hoping the match the P2 pricing when it launches.  
2023-10-16
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A very important point is the aperture of the camera.
This does not seem to be known yet.
2023-10-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Karl53 Posted at 10-17 01:50
A very important point is the aperture of the camera.
This does not seem to be known yet.

Did I hear fixed 1.7, was hoping for a changeable aperture  like the 1 inch sensor of the mavic 2. But 1.7 should be good in low light.
2023-10-17
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

1.7 would be very good.
Hopefully not 2.8 from the Air2s!
2023-10-17
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 10-16 06:24
I think including accessories around €500 , have to say out of all dji small cameras the pocket 1/2 have been the easiest and most pleasurable to use as well as the fact no one seems bothered by them. I really like them and this step up in quality and use ability I for one will be buying on day 1.

I agree!   However, I just purchased the M4Pro, so will have to wait a bit before making this purchase, but I definitely will be buying it!
2023-10-18
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I wonder what MP does it comes.
12MP would be preferred for better low light performance.
2023-10-19
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

smbishop Posted at 10-18 18:02
I agree!   However, I just purchased the M4Pro, so will have to wait a bit before making this purchase, but I definitely will be buying it!

M4 Pro is not released yet. Maybe M3 Pro ?
2023-10-19
Use props
Benjamin Moon
New

United States

I'll be buying/preordering on day 1. I really wish it had a replaceable battery though. No company does that these days and it's really unfortunate.

I hope this sensor does well in low light.
2023-10-19
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 10-19 07:53
M4 Pro is not released yet. Maybe M3 Pro ?

Mini 4 Pro
2023-10-19
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Benjamin Moon Posted at 10-19 08:46
I'll be buying/preordering on day 1. I really wish it had a replaceable battery though. No company does that these days and it's really unfortunate.

I hope this sensor does well in low light.

Looks like it has 2 external battery options. I have my pocket 2 over 3 years and it has lost very little overall power. I will also buy on day 1.
2023-10-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Good to see you, Tide!  Yes, there are several important parts of the specification yet to be revealed.

Hallmark, I think that there are indeed two alternative items which can fit the base of the unit.  The larger one is a battery but the smaller one is simply a tripod adapter, not a battery.
2023-10-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This video is a good summary of the latest leaks but it's important also to read the comments, where there are corrections and additional information.
2023-10-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Post removed by me.  
2023-10-20
Use props
ethanitee
lvl.2

United States

Very exicted for the Pocket 3!
2023-10-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

]

There's an unboxing, sort of review, and sample footage on YouTube.  Or there was, but it's been taken down, but there are some repostings by people who downloaded it while it was there (like me...) - there is no doubt now that this is for real.  [Edit - it looks like this video is being taken down each time it appears.  So there's no point in me uploading my copy of it.  But I can try to answer any questions.  However, don't ask about aperture 'cos the guy never mentioned it!
2023-10-20
Use props
uma1r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The leaked video shows 110 degrees 20mm focal length. Same as pocket 2! so for me it wont be worth upgrading!!
2023-10-22
Use props
uma1r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-20 06:34
There's an unboxing, sort of review, and sample footage on YouTube.  Or there was, but it's been taken down, but there are some repostings by people who downloaded it while it was there (like me...) - there is no doubt now that this is for real.  [Edit - it looks like this video is being taken down each time it appears.  So there's no point in me uploading my copy of it.  But I can try to answer any questions.  However, don't ask about aperture 'cos the guy never mentioned it!

do you know the field of view? same as pocket 2?
2023-10-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

As you say, 20mm.  That's the same as the Pocket 2 but everything else will be different!  However, each of us has our own reasons to buy it or not.
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules