234 1 2023-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
United States

Total newbie here.

I want to ask you experts how I go about maximizing my video settings for antiquated computer equipment and video editing software?

I'm just starting out right now. I plan on buying a dedicated video editing computer next month but, for now I just want to record with minimum sized files so that my old computer hardware doesn't go into spazms each time I try to upload my files into the video editor.

I'm working with Windows 10 and Window 7 platform computers.  My video editors are native to those platforms.  I also have access to the ClipChamp editing software.

In either case, it takes forever to upload even my shortest video clips. On top of that, I get notices that my video files can't be opened because my computers won't read the specific codec files these clips are recorded in.  I'm in need of some wisdom  here too.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around this because the very first time I uploaded one of those painfully long uploads it went through just fine and it played just fine.  It just took a real long time.  Now I'll get this codec warning.

Can one of you guys who remembers what it was like to be a newbie, clue me in please.  Those with a penchant for snide remarks, this inquiry is really not aimed at you, even though you most likely have all the answers I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

2023-10-16
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
United States

Thank God for YouTube tutorials cuz I got nothing here.  It took a while to find the right vids but in the end the folks that aren't members of this forum came through for me.  
Over N Out.
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules