Is There A Way To Program the C-1 or C2 Buttons???
483 3 2023-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
United States

Can anyone here tell me if there's a way to program the C-1 or the C-2 buttons to automatically update the home position.  

On my bicycle fishing trips, I ride along a water way, so I never stay in one spot very long. If I start catching fish, in the excitement it's really easy to forget to cycle through all of the screens and settings on my controller to get to the "Update Home Position" icon.  

It would be much easier for me to remember to simply click on one of those programable buttons each time I arrived at a new position along the river.  

Even better still; Ideally, there would be a selection on the menu for updating the home position automatically before I ever launched my drone.  

In a perfect drone flying world, this selection would have a drop-down menu where I could set specific time intervals where the controller would automatically update the home position itself without me having to remember.  

Even a feature that could be toggled ON or OFF that would make the location of the controller itself the defacto home position would work well enough for me.

2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific drone and remote controller are you currently using so we can provide you with an accurate response. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-18
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-18 18:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific drone and remote controller are you currently using so we can provide you with an accurate response. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Greetings from Arizona:

I'm flying the DJI Mini 4 Pro Drone with the latest DJI RC 2 controller.

Before posting my inquiry here on the forum I did ask the same question on the comment sections of many of the YouTube high-subscriber-number drone related content creator's videos.

Virtually all who responded, stated that they too would like to have such a feature on their smart controllers.  Many of them were still trying to figure out the existing features on the new controller and they had not yet gotten around to checking if it was even possible to program the C1/C2 buttons to function as an automatic RTH updater.

A couple of those YouTube content creators also mentioned that in one or two of the past DJI drone offerings, there was such an option available.  I don't know if this is true or not.  I'm relatively new to the camera drone hobby.

If you're the resident drone expert, I'm hoping that you can tell me how to go about programming one of those programable buttons to act as my automatic RTH updater without me having to fumble through a bunch of screen settings in order to update my home position.

If you cannot, perhaps you can forward this request to the programmers at DJI.  I now know for a fact that I'm not the only one who could benefit from such a feature or capability.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  

2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tech-Retard Posted at 10-19 06:50
Greetings from Arizona:

I'm flying the DJI Mini 4 Pro Drone with the latest DJI RC 2 controller.

Thank you for your response. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules