PC Ground Station
2883 9 2015-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob - BSquared
lvl.1

United States

Folks,  I'm the second owner.  I obtained it by private trade, no dealer involved.

I'm getting frustrated with no answers from "support".

Regards, Bob

DISREGARD ENTIRE POST.  ISSUE RESOLVED - NO EXTRA $$$$ SPENT!

2015-9-4
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

You sound new to this forum, so welcome!

I have no idea what you mean by ground station or master station;  those are not proper names for phantom stuff.  perhaps first step without the "CD?" I bought mine direct from dji and dont think I got a cd either?  but I digress....  first step may be for you to go to dji.com and start looking around.  ALL the software, all the manuals, all the instructions, are there free for you to download and begin reading.

after that, you may want to come back here and ask more questions  - I bet THEN your questions will make some sense and there are a LOT of really smart, helpful people on here who will do all they can to help you!
2015-9-4
Use props
Bob - BSquared
lvl.1

United States

yorlik Posted at 2015-9-4 19:32
You sound new to this forum, so welcome!

I have no idea what you mean by ground station or master s ...

Ground Station is a piece of PC Software.  I meant to type Master Controller.  That is the top portion of the Phantom where all the sensors and IMU reside.
2015-9-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The PC Ground Station comes with the hardware needed to connect to the Phantom, do you have the hardware ?
You need the ground and air end of the Bluetooth data link.
Manuals are available HERE
You need to check what you have fitted and let us know what you are trying to do to connect in more detail.
2015-9-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

As I have already said, the PC Ground Station uses the 2.4Ghz  Bluetooth data link to communicate  with the phantom.
The mini USB port on the front of the phantom is for connecting to the Phantom Assistant program, used to do firmware updates and advanced settings / calibrations.

I must be missing something, and I am no computer science major, but where in the Ground Station manual dose it say to connect the PC to the phantom via the mini USB port ?
2015-9-6
Use props
Bob - BSquared
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-9-6 11:31
As I have already said, the PC Ground Station uses the 2.4Ghz  Bluetooth data link to communicate  w ...

I'm going to look at this differently.

1)  This one that was purchased through Amazon came with NO HARDWARE to tie it to the Ground Station Software.

2)  Apparently, for reasons unknown, This is occurring on this side of the pond.

3)  It is also an issue that the DJI Pilot App is NOT for the Phantom 2 Vision+.  You do NOT get informed of this when you purchase the APP.

4) DJI Support is extremely lacking.  This is VERY true when DJI States, "Contact the Dealer for Support".
Does anyone anywhere in the world that has purchased through Amazon obtained "Support" from Amazon?

Looking at the cost for all the Lightbridge Bluetooth package, AND that it appears to be almost exclusively for iOS systems, and I have YET to find this for an Android Smartphone, then DJI is not taking care of their Customer Base!

I indeed have discovered a method to get to a Virtual Version of Ground Software.  Using the DJI Vision App, one can swipe the screen quickly to the left, and lo and behold!  It is a Virtual Version of Ground Software.

It WILL take Hades to freeze over before I EVER obtain another DJI product!

The entire Lightbridge package sold over here is just about the SAME as the price of the original PRODUCT!

Now, Pardon me as I will go flying, and will NOT bring up this topic any longer!

Good Day!
2015-9-6
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

1. The PC / iPad Ground Station is a different product, not included with any new Phantom.
2. Its the same world wide, PC / iPad Ground Station is not included.
3. The Vision app is for the Vision Phantoms, the Pilot (now Go) app is for the Phantom 3's (The Vision app includes a version of Ground Station)
4. You said you bought it privately so why are you asking Amazon for support ?

The "virtual ground station" you discovered in the vision app is well documented in the Phantom manuals, and one of the main features advertised.

Happy flying
2015-9-6
Use props
Bob - BSquared
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-9-7 02:16
1. The PC / iPad Ground Station is a different product, not included with any new Phantom.
2. Its th ...

Why Amazon for support?

DJI States: "Go to the Dealer for support", that's why!

I have tried dealing with DJI directly for support AND The US Los Angeles Support.

Lot's of luck!  Neither support replies!  Essentially there is NO SUPPORT over here!

The only support is *if* you bought from a Hobby Shop.  It is over 50 miles away.

They have minimal P2V+ parts.  I've already contacted them.

Regards, Old Sarge
2015-9-11
Use props
Bob - BSquared
lvl.1

United States

2. Its th ...

Folks,

The ground station view may well be documented, but it darn sure isn't obvious.

I have read the manual, I downloaded the manual, I have also downloaded the Guide by FantOmas.

I happen to be a certificated FAA Single Engine Pilot.  *IF* Aircraft manuals were written in this manner, there would be a whole lot more crashes of Aircraft!  Aircraft manuals go through the entire electrical system, instrumentation systems, navigation systems, and beyond.  Since we ARE dealing with a complex flying device, I'd expect VERY similar Manuals!

Just my $0.02.  The manuals are just as lacking as is the "SUPPORT"!

Now, as far as recording flight data, that is an entire different matter altogether. To date, I have not managed to get it done properly.  The data is indeed a bit encrypted.

I've downloaded such from the Master Controller in the top of the P2V+.  Decoding it is not trivial.  I'm still working on that aspect.

Further recordings will be a bit delayed due to the winds issue at MY designated landing pad.

Two new sets of blades are enroute.  I have also NOW installed the blade guards with the included screws.  I'll be flying that way until I become more proficient in close quarters.  Away from that area I have no problems with controlling it, NOR flying it!  I've flown R/C Aircraft, cars, and two different single rotor helicopters that were glow fuel powered.

Now I just have to get this wind issue nailed down.  Then the close in proficiency can increase, and I'll do more Flight Recording with a different APP, and download the recorded data from the Master Controller.
2015-9-11
Use props
Bob - BSquared
lvl.1

United States

2. Its th ...

There are two APPs for Android Phones.  They "may" be available for iPhones, I do NOT know.

One is PIX4D, and the other is Vision+ Utility Pro.

Both record the data.  One is a bunch easier to read the flight data from.  That is PIX4D.  You can either send it up in the Cloud storage, or record it to your phone.

I'm opting for Pix4D and record to phone.

Then I can sit back and look at the entire flight.

Enjoy Flying!
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules