Battery starts off at 98%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrroman
lvl.1
United States

This is probably nothing but just curious if any one else is experiencing same thing. After a full charge, one of my batteries reads 98% as soon as I start her up. Has anyone else used 2% of battery life in the one minute it takes to turn the P3P on and take off? My other battery does not do this. Are not all batteries created equal under the drone Goddess?

2015-9-4
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

Mine only ever read 100% when they were new out of the box. I always get 98% and I've only had the pro for about 2 weeks.
2015-9-4
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Mine too...
2015-9-4
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Same here, my volts all read good though!  
2015-9-4
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
France

Mine too if I charge it one day before flying. So now I charge only a few hours before flying.
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Try this,
If you charge an intelligent flight battery to 100%, place it in the Phantom 3, press the Power button once to check it.
Then once it turns off, double depress & turn on the Phantom, notice the Percent value. Now turn it off, and restart it in a moment.
I have done this twice and if showed 100% in app at the top, the second power up. Not sure why the 98% is the first value, after a full charge.
Anyway thankfully, after a cold IMU calibration, my Phantom is ready to fly very soon after start up. So I don't worry about that reading.
Hopefully, After the intelligent batteries have been deep cycled they likely settle their values as they stabilize. (?)
Anybody, @Tahoe_Ed?

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules