Third Party Wireless Microphone for Recording Audio
1344 5 2023-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
United States

I know that lots of DJI drone owner/fliers have opted to go with the third-party Drone Valley wireless microphone kit for the controllers that came out with the Mini 3 Pro.  I've seen lots of video showing that they work well with this particular RC controller.
Now that DJI has introduced their latest version of the RC2 Controller, I'm wondering if anyone here has attempted to use the same Drone Valley wireless mic kit on their newer RC2 version controller?

I ask because I ordered one of these third-party wireless microphone kits after being assured that this Drone Valley wireless kit would work on the newer RC2 Controllers.  Being that connecting these microphones is generally so simple, and no matter how I go about it, I can't get it to work.  I'm left to assume that I either got a defective unit OR, the changes made in the features of the newer RC2 Controller when compared to the previous version, may be rendering the Drone Valley wireless microphone kit now usless when used with the newer controller.

The main changes made to the features of the newer RC2 Controller, with respect to using a third-party wireless microphones like the Drone Valley unit, have to do with the screen records and the fact that they can no longer be saved directly to the SD Card.

So, back to my original question:
Have any of you tried using the Drone Valley third-party wireless microphone kit on your latest version of the DJI RC2 Controller?  If so, did you get it to work?  
I'm hoping that you did get it to work so you can tell me how you did it.  
IF you did get this third-party wireless microphone kit to work, and I can't seem to get my particular unit to work with the latest RC2 Controller, it can only mean that I'm either just holding my mouth the wrong way as I'm attempting to use it or, I have a defective unit.

A little help please.

2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Due to the lack of a built-in microphone in DJI RC 2, when using DJI RC 2 for live streaming, an external microphone is required to pick up the audio. We recommend using DJI Mic for better sound quality.
We have not tested the compatibility of third-party products so we can not guarantee their performance.
2023-10-20
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-20 05:39
Hello, there. Due to the lack of a built-in microphone in DJI RC 2, when using DJI RC 2 for live streaming, an external microphone is required to pick up the audio. We recommend using DJI Mic for better sound quality.
We have not tested the compatibility of third-party products so we can not guarantee their performance.

Greetings DJI Wanda:

And thanks for taking the time to reply question.
I finally figured out why I was unable to get my existing wireless microphone kit to work.
It turns out that my third-party wireless microphone worked fine once I figured out the nuances of how to use it.

I wasn't looking for audio perfection.  I just wanted audio to be included at the time I made my video recordings.

Thanks again.
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tech-Retard Posted at 10-20 12:33
Greetings DJI Wanda:

And thanks for taking the time to reply question.

You are most welcome. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk.
2023-10-21
Use props
djiuser_erHe8MmMEfQG
New

United States

Hey retard me too buddy can you tell me how you got your mic to work.
Thank you very much

1-18 11:27
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_erHe8MmMEfQG Posted at 1-18 11:27
Hey retard me too buddy can you tell me how you got your mic to work.
Thank you very much

I found that if I plugged the receiver-part of the microphone kit into the RC controller first and then turn on the RC controller in that sequence, it tended to work for me.

Another important thing about the Drone Valley microphone kit was that I had to LONG-PRESS the little on/off button on the side of the microphone itself.

When I had pressed the small on/off button on the side of the microphone initially, a little red light would go on.  I thought that this meant that the microphone was on so, I would clip it onto my collar and proceed with my video recording.

It turns out that as soon as I released that little on/off button on the microphone, the little red light would turn off again.  This meant that the microphone was NOT on.

I was getting ready to send the whole damn thing back to Drone Valley because I couldn't get it to work.  Out of shear frustration I pinched the microphone between my thumb and index finger trying to crush the housing on the microphone so I'd be able to use that as my excuse for sending it back.

To my surprise, as I crushed the small button on the microphone, I notice that the little red light that had turned on before, then turned from red to green.

The green light meant that the microphone was now on for the duration of my drone flight.  When I was done, I simply LONG-PRESS that same little button to turn it off again.

You also have to swipe down on the RC's viewing screen and click on the "RECORD SCREEN" icon to get the RC to actually record sound using the microphone kit.

Hope this helps.

1-18 13:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules