How to get more out of your Mavic 3
979 20 2023-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I tried something today that might interest all the Mavic 3 series owners not in the EU. I installed a set of Mavic 3 Enterprise props on my Classic. To my pleasant surprise, it is more quiet, a little bit different, less harsh sound AND, best of all, about five more minutes flight time according to AirData!!! Same size as the Regular props but without the silicone tips. Same price, too!!
2023-10-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice tip, I might try this on my Mavic 3 Pro
2023-10-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just this past weekend I chipped a prop on a Mavic 3 Pro that I had borrowed. All I had with me was my M3E spares so I replaced all 4 with them. I didn't notice a difference in the handling or flight time, I didn't really pay attention, but I did immediately notice the difference in sound.
2023-10-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mobilehomer. The DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series propellers and DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series propellers are interchangeable but we recommend against doing so because the operating scenarios of these two kinds of propellers are different. We recommend that you use the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series and DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series with the corresponding propellers respectively. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-10-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-22 06:26
Hi, Mobilehomer. The DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series propellers and DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series propellers are interchangeable but we recommend against doing so because the operating scenarios of these two kinds of propellers are different. We recommend that you use the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series and DJI Mavic 3 Consumer Series with the corresponding propellers respectively. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Yea we recommend a lot of things on this forum that never gets listened to. I suspect your recent recommendation there will be adhered to about as much as ours are by your engineers. I know for certain that if they could make these two props incompatible via software it would have already happened.
2023-10-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-22 07:32
Yea we recommend a lot of things on this forum that never gets listened to. I suspect your recent recommendation there will be adhered to about as much as ours are by your engineers. I know for certain that if they could make these two props incompatible via software it would have already happened.

Yep, after trying the E props, I ani't going back!! They are TOO NICE!!!
2023-10-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-22 09:12
Yep, after trying the E props, I ani't going back!! They are TOO NICE!!!

I'm curious what the actual difference is for the drone. Maybe because the M3E is designed to carry payloads? So with a loudspeaker onboard is the prop better to lift that extra weight? I've read admins try and explain but it comes out as a meaningless word salad.
2023-10-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-22 10:42
I'm curious what the actual difference is for the drone. Maybe because the M3E is designed to carry payloads? So with a loudspeaker onboard is the prop better to lift that extra weight? I've read admins try and explain but it comes out as a meaningless word salad.

The difference is Enterprise models are flown by "more responsible, professional" pilots. Therefore, much safer pilots than "non-professionals". So the "professionals" can be trusted with more dangerous tools than hobbyists. Having had an incident with very similar Air 2S props, yes they will cut skin. The tip design is the physical difference. It is angled to cut through the air more efficiently than the "safer" blunt, soft version. This comparison - consumer fireworks vs. big budget professional fireworks display.
DISCLAIMER - This is MY opinion, gleaned from reading between the lines on many posts between members and DJI employees.
2023-10-22
Use props
jotka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124560 ft
Poland

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-20 22:01
Just this past weekend I chipped a prop on a Mavic 3 Pro that I had borrowed. All I had with me was my M3E spares so I replaced all 4 with them. I didn't notice a difference in the handling or flight time, I didn't really pay attention, but I did immediately notice the difference in sound.

can you elaborate on the difference in the sound? are they more quiet or they just sound different?
2023-10-23
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

This discussion was also on a different forum. I hold many different ratings for aviation engineering. Which means I have the training and tools to measure many different factors relating to aircraft in general. Didn't need anything to elaborate to test out the performance differences. First off, in hover I could find no detectable difference, within the error of my instrument, in RPM. Power output in these are just changes in RPM, since the blades do not have adjustable pitch, like in helicopters. So if they were more efficient, then the prop would turn slower. The second test, sound level. Again at 1 meter in a hover, I could not detect a discernible difference in my instrument on measured DB level.

Now perhaps if I loaded up the drone, by hanging more weight to simulate forward flight, it might show more of a difference under heavy load. I just found nothing to measure that showed a difference in casual testing. Your milage may vary.
2023-10-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 10-24 07:27
This discussion was also on a different forum. I hold many different ratings for aviation engineering. Which means I have the training and tools to measure many different factors relating to aircraft in general. Didn't need anything to elaborate to test out the performance differences. First off, in hover I could find no detectable difference, within the error of my instrument, in RPM. Power output in these are just changes in RPM, since the blades do not have adjustable pitch, like in helicopters. So if they were more efficient, then the prop would turn slower. The second test, sound level. Again at 1 meter in a hover, I could not detect a discernible difference in my instrument on measured DB level.

Now perhaps if I loaded up the drone, by hanging more weight to simulate forward flight, it might show more of a difference under heavy load. I just found nothing to measure that showed a difference in casual testing. Your milage may vary.

OBSERVED results are 5 minutes more flight time while stationary time lapse in 3-5 mph wind, from 28 minutes to 33 minutes. Same increase while flying in 10 to 15 mph winds. Same begin and end battery %.
2023-10-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

jotka Posted at 10-23 23:38
can you elaborate on the difference in the sound? are they more quiet or they just sound different?

I just made a comparison video between the two. My Mavic 3 Enterprise was used for both prop test. Now that I'm listening specifically for the differences, it's hard to tell them apart. See what y'all hear.

2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-22 07:32
Yea we recommend a lot of things on this forum that never gets listened to. I suspect your recent recommendation there will be adhered to about as much as ours are by your engineers. I know for certain that if they could make these two props incompatible via software it would have already happened.

Hi, Johnnokomis. Rest assured that all of your suggestions are being forwarded to our relevant team, however, we can't guarantee that everything will be implemented as it depends on their evaluation. The recommendation about the propellers was from our Engineers and we suggest following it for warranty purposes. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-25
Use props
jotka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124560 ft
Poland

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-24 09:37
I just made a comparison video between the two. My Mavic 3 Enterprise was used for both prop test. Now that I'm listening specifically for the differences, it's hard to tell them apart. See what y'all hear.

https://youtu.be/TSj97guMzCI?si=JQ7tgHrKfr0uPO9B

thanks! I've bought Enterprise propellers for my M3Pro, there is not much of a difference in the sound/noise. However, they seem to be more stiff that regular M3 propellers, I think they give a bit more power/control to the aircraft.
2023-10-27
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

So, from "wow, what a big difference they make!" to "almost no difference" in just a few days.
I'm not wasting my money on different props. They're not cheap after all.
2023-10-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Killerbee Posted at 10-27 23:26
So, from "wow, what a big difference they make!" to "almost no difference" in just a few days.
I'm not wasting my money on different props. They're not cheap after all.

$1700ish Mavic 3 Classic is no sweat but $35 for a full set of props is where you draw the line? There absolutely is a difference in sound because I noticed it right off the bat and wasn't even listening for one. If you fly with prop guards and never use sport mode then maybe stock props are for you. For people trying to maximize their usage with a drone then this is worth it.  
2023-10-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Killerbee Posted at 10-27 23:26
I'm not wasting my money on different props. They're not cheap after all.

They are the same price as the regular props. So why not get better ones when you buy replacements, which you should have at least one set!!
2023-10-28
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-28 07:01
$1700ish Mavic 3 Classic is no sweat but $35 for a full set of props is where you draw the line? There absolutely is a difference in sound because I noticed it right off the bat and wasn't even listening for one. If you fly with prop guards and never use sport mode then maybe stock props are for you. For people trying to maximize their usage with a drone then this is worth it.

Can you make a proper YouTube review about them?
2023-10-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Killerbee Posted at 10-28 12:11
Can you make a proper YouTube review about them?

I don't own a pair of standard Mavic props. I had to borrow some for the video posted above. I'll see if I can get my hands on them again and do a more scientific test.
2023-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip!
2023-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now