Beware, No Power Cord for 2nd battery charger station for the I3
920 14 2023-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

You would think that for a battery charge station costing nearly $1000 they would at least be helpful enough to supply the unit with a power cord... well I guess it was too good to be true.  Frugal times even for DJI?  They've gotten over 30k out of me for this drone's appliances so far, no power cord for a new DJI charging station are you kidding me?!
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Josephsmith. Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to the DJI TB51 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub? If yes, we apologize for the inconvenience but it doesn't really include a power cord. Rest assured that we will forward your feedback to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-20
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-20 19:36
Hi, Josephsmith. Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to the DJI TB51 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub? If yes, we apologize for the inconvenience but it doesn't really include a power cord. Rest assured that we will forward your feedback to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
[view_image]

Yes that's what I'm talking about, unfortunately I was on a job when this unit arrived and we had to make a long trip to Best Buy that we did not anticipate.  Please let them know that the case is an amazing feature included with the I3 but it's simple things like including a power cord with a new charging station that show DJI's customers that they actually care about them.  Thank you so much and please let the team know that the I3 needs an 85mm lens to surpass the mavic 3 pro's capabilities.  The 50mm is not enough, thank you
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Josephsmith Posted at 10-20 19:42
Yes that's what I'm talking about, unfortunately I was on a job when this unit arrived and we had to make a long trip to Best Buy that we did not anticipate.  Please let them know that the case is an amazing feature included with the I3 but it's simple things like including a power cord with a new charging station that show DJI's customers that they actually care about them.  Thank you so much and please let the team know that the I3 needs an 85mm lens to surpass the mavic 3 pro's capabilities.  The 50mm is not enough, thank you

We're sorry to hear that, Josephsmith. Rest assured that your feedback and suggestions will be forwarded to our relevant team. Have a safe flight always!
2023-10-21
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

$900 and no power cord is a punch in the face.
2-15 13:28
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Twelvizm Posted at 2-15 13:28
$900 and no power cord is a punch in the face.

haha, I was on a job when I received the power station and realized DJI was too cheap to include a power chord.  You’ve got to be kidding me DJI!  Wow I have so many regrets with this inspire 3 investment, the pro res raw color grading is a nightmare compared to what I have to deal with the mavic 3 and the rolling shutter and lack of continuous autofocus are my biggest issues with it.  At least the Ronin 4D-8K got it right
2-15 23:42
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 414226 ft
United Kingdom

Josephsmith Posted at 2-15 23:42
haha, I was on a job when I received the power station and realized DJI was too cheap to include a power chord.  You’ve got to be kidding me DJI!  Wow I have so many regrets with this inspire 3 investment, the pro res raw color grading is a nightmare compared to what I have to deal with the mavic 3 and the rolling shutter and lack of continuous autofocus are my biggest issues with it.  At least the Ronin 4D-8K got it right

I have been reading this thread, please accept this as someone trying to help. Colour grading, are you using Adobe or Davinci? DJI supply the LUT files, in Adobe this is an easier setup. With Davinci, it needs a good understanding of colour management or the way I prefer to do it is with the node structure. I can say with both Adobe and Davinci, the outcome is very good imagery. I agree that the I3 can be something to get your head around, it's a cinecamera attached to a drone, and the camera is the key feature. My personal feeling at that the I3 is a multi-user drone and needs a minimum of 2 people to operate it (I fear I have just enraged some people because of Spotlight Pro, sorry for that). I also find that one bank of batteries is enough, I use a generator resulting in all-day flying. If I need to fly I either take it with me or rent a generator at the destination. But there are a few things this combination needs for sure. But colour grading is not one of them, I rarely use ProRes RAW, if I need Raw I use CDNG, as I am a Davinci user - but the options are very good also. I would be happy to share the settings I use for Davinci and my workflow if it would help you.
2-17 00:52
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

826 Raw Posted at 2-17 00:52
I have been reading this thread, please accept this as someone trying to help. Colour grading, are you using Adobe or Davinci? DJI supply the LUT files, in Adobe this is an easier setup. With Davinci, it needs a good understanding of colour management or the way I prefer to do it is with the node structure. I can say with both Adobe and Davinci, the outcome is very good imagery. I agree that the I3 can be something to get your head around, it's a cinecamera attached to a drone, and the camera is the key feature. My personal feeling at that the I3 is a multi-user drone and needs a minimum of 2 people to operate it (I fear I have just enraged some people because of Spotlight Pro, sorry for that). I also find that one bank of batteries is enough, I use a generator resulting in all-day flying. If I need to fly I either take it with me or rent a generator at the destination. But there are a few things this combination needs for sure. But colour grading is not one of them, I rarely use ProRes RAW, if I need Raw I use CDNG, as I am a Davinci user - but the options are very good also. I would be happy to share the settings I use for Davinci and my workflow if it would help you.

I’m using Final Cut Pro which is supposedly ideal for pro res raw.  I will never use CDNG again because of the frame rate restrictions which is limited to 25 fps at 8.1k.  O could see how this would be superior for landscape videos but for action footage, it’s terrible because of the rolling shutter and jello effect you get when the drone is moving to the left or the right.  When flying with this setting you can only go forward, backward, or stay still otherwise things get real jittery, blurry, and out of focus on the background of your subject.  With fcpx the setup is less complicated than Davinci which I’m new too.  Basically you have to switch the pro res raw setting from none to DJI log and then set the lut with the DJI 709 free lut from the website and you have to set up HDR because SDR turns out too dark and dim with pro res raw 8k for some reason.  I have issues with the HDR setup on fcpx pro res raw too, pls help.  From there is lifting the highlights to the 400 bar…. I ran out
2-17 09:45
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 2-17 09:45
I’m using Final Cut Pro which is supposedly ideal for pro res raw.  I will never use CDNG again because of the frame rate restrictions which is limited to 25 fps at 8.1k.  O could see how this would be superior for landscape videos but for action footage, it’s terrible because of the rolling shutter and jello effect you get when the drone is moving to the left or the right.  When flying with this setting you can only go forward, backward, or stay still otherwise things get real jittery, blurry, and out of focus on the background of your subject.  With fcpx the setup is less complicated than Davinci which I’m new too.  Basically you have to switch the pro res raw setting from none to DJI log and then set the lut with the DJI 709 free lut from the website and you have to set up HDR because SDR turns out too dark and dim with pro res raw 8k for some reason.  I have issues with the HDR setup on fcpx pro res raw too, pls help.  From there is lifting the highlights to the 400 bar…. I ran out

Continued…  I bring down the shadows a little bit and add a smudge of saturation (not too much because it ruins your humans skin tone making it to red) and this is usually good enough but I know it can get much better looking at all the adds for the I3 by pro videographers.  There are not too many tutorials on a basic workflow setup for pro res raw on the I3, I would love to know your basic setup workflow for Davinci but if anyone is able to make fcpx work, I would love to see or hear about your workflow as well.  I know this drone has tremendous potential but right now I’m seeing mavic 3 videos from pros put my I3 footage to shame, what is their secret? How can I do this right? Thanks so much for helping me and others who are struggling with this same issue  
2-17 09:53
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Josephsmith Posted at 2-17 09:53
Continued…  I bring down the shadows a little bit and add a smudge of saturation (not too much because it ruins your humans skin tone making it to red) and this is usually good enough but I know it can get much better looking at all the adds for the I3 by pro videographers.  There are not too many tutorials on a basic workflow setup for pro res raw on the I3, I would love to know your basic setup workflow for Davinci but if anyone is able to make fcpx work, I would love to see or hear about your workflow as well.  I know this drone has tremendous potential but right now I’m seeing mavic 3 videos from pros put my I3 footage to shame, what is their secret? How can I do this right? Thanks so much for helping me and others who are struggling with this same issue

Assimilate, is what I use to convert ProRes RAW to CDNG, there are many reasons why I use Assimilate and I would be happy to discuss why. All editors have a MASSIVE learning curve after leaving Adobe I chose Davinci, and although I find it easy today, there was a time I did not! Can I ask if you would connect as a friend (if you want), then we can work this out for you, then write up a solution for the wider community
2-17 10:26
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

826 Raw Posted at 2-17 10:26
Assimilate, is what I use to convert ProRes RAW to CDNG, there are many reasons why I use Assimilate and I would be happy to discuss why. All editors have a MASSIVE learning curve after leaving Adobe I chose Davinci, and although I find it easy today, there was a time I did not! Can I ask if you would connect as a friend (if you want), then we can work this out for you, then write up a solution for the wider community

Great how can I reach you?
2-17 13:19
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Josephsmith Posted at 2-17 13:19
Great how can I reach you?

I sent you a friend request, I don't know how it work, but I am sure you will get a notification
2-17 16:02
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I understand that you were frustrated. On the other hand this saves a lot of waste.
Instead of packing 5 cables/adapters into the package, to support the most world standards, they let you choose what you actually need in your country.
Many smart phones come without cables/chargers theses days.
I have thrown so many cable/adapters away because I needed different ones for my region. Often I get cheap adapters so I need to buy new cables anyway.
But there should be a additional cable type selection on checkout when buying parts that come without it. Some shops actually offer it.
2-20 01:03
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

826 Raw Posted at 2-17 16:02
I sent you a friend request, I don't know how it work, but I am sure you will get a notification

I haven’t received that friend request notification yet.  Pls email me at alexanderlmt808@gmail.com.  Thank you
2-20 07:59
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Coyut Posted at 2-20 01:03
I understand that you were frustrated. On the other hand this saves a lot of waste.
Instead of packing 5 cables/adapters into the package, to support the most world standards, they let you choose what you actually need in your country.
Many smart phones come without cables/chargers theses days.

I get what you’re saying here but the fact that you are not warned or notified at checkout that the charger requires a the cable as a second purchase is completely irresponsible on DJI’s part.  
2-20 08:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules