Aircraft nearby
1021 12 2023-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

DJI AVATA detects nearby aircraft's with the ADS-B technology, and it warn us, inside the goggles, before we can see it.
The only problem is to know where it is, and where it is heading.
Any action may be too late and/or inadequate if we can't understand where the danger is.
ADS-B broadcasts GPS position every half second, why can't DJI add a target of the aircraft in the screen just like the Home position?
It would be much safer and usefull!

2023-10-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you get this with their other drones but i'm not seeing where fpv drones such as avata really need this.
2023-10-22
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That would be definitely more useful. When I was flying "near" an airport (far off the NFZ) it kept dinging me because of aircraft probably 1000+ m up. They should at least add the height of the ADS-B flight in the display. This way it's no use at all.
2023-10-22
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Portugal

Yes agree, height is an essential information.
Avata or any other ADS-B drone should have all the necessary information on the goggles display!
I can't understand how safety is set to half, with just "Nearby aircraft" information.
Just like a seatbelt, you use it or you don't, there is no half safety mode.
In my situation, the Avata could be in the path of the helicopter and I wouldn't have the time to fly away.
2023-10-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you don't belong over 120m and i would not want 99 out of 100 aircraft nearby warnings to keep showing heights well over 120m.  "aircraft nearby" is sufficient, if you believe your drone is in danger, the warning is timely and you can just descend and avoid the aircraft just like we used to do 5 years ago before adsb was around.  the goggles are already cluttered with too much details.  if you are in a warning zone, with an fpv you just need to be cautious at all times.  however, if you have low flying aircraft all over you constantly then yes maybe this is not the appropriate drone for you.  other dji drones will bring up maps and sounds all kinds of warning bells and screen alerts repeatedly interrupting your flights but non-fpv flight is not as important.
2023-10-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I think the entire idea is to make the drone operator aware and take immediate action in lowering their altitude. Regardless of where the aircraft might be.
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We appreciate your recommendation. I will submit your feedback to the related team for evaluation. Thank you for your valued support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-23
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Portugal

Just as an example of how difficult is to react to an incomming flying aircraft (or bird) only using visual camera goggles feedback. An impossible mission inside 76 frames @60fps and 1080p resolution.
Guess what could go wrong with a faster helicopter... By the way, birds will never have integrated ADS-B system

2023-11-11
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

EiraSYS Posted at 11-11 02:52
Just as an example of how difficult is to react to an incomming flying aircraft (or bird) only using visual camera goggles feedback. An impossible mission inside 76 frames @60fps and 1080p resolution.
Guess what could go wrong with a faster helicopter... By the way, birds will never have integrated ADS-B system

Are you running ducts on a DJI FPV???
2023-11-12
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Portugal

dnddad324 Posted at 11-12 05:56
Are you running ducts on a DJI FPV???

I don’t see them as ducts but bumpers. Bought them after DJIi FPV crashed into a wall flying backwards with the first motion controller. That should be impossible to happen, dji send me a new drone
2023-11-13
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ya, GPS position tracking of other aircraft, down to its precise location/ heading.  What can go wrong ?
2023-11-13
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

The Saint Posted at 10-23 08:41
you don't belong over 120m and i would not want 99 out of 100 aircraft nearby warnings to keep showing heights well over 120m.  "aircraft nearby" is sufficient, if you believe your drone is in danger, the warning is timely and you can just descend and avoid the aircraft just like we used to do 5 years ago before adsb was around.  the goggles are already cluttered with too much details.  if you are in a warning zone, with an fpv you just need to be cautious at all times.  however, if you have low flying aircraft all over you constantly then yes maybe this is not the appropriate drone for you.  other dji drones will bring up maps and sounds all kinds of warning bells and screen alerts repeatedly interrupting your flights but non-fpv flight is not as important.

"if you believe your drone is in danger"

I would think the onus to save the big plane potentially carrying lives would be a bigger priority
2023-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is a good suggestion if you ask me
2023-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now