M3M kml imports
757 3 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryandavidson
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi
I've just gone over to the M3M after flying the P4M for a few years. I use kmls all the time, i understand the workflow to get them into the controller via the sd card but when i try to plan a mission using kml then i get rejected at the last step where i choose area route. Has anyone stumbled across this before and how to fix it?
2023-10-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are your KMLs the flight lines or a boundary line? Using the area route option I'm pretty sure this requires it to be a KML of the boundary line. What error are you seeing, task type error? It sounds like you're exporting the flight lines from the P4M and trying to use it on the M3M. The M3M is going to use different flight line spacing and therefor not use the same flight plan as the P4M in a given area. You should import a boundary and let Pilot 2 create a new route from it.
2023-10-23
Use props
ryandavidson
lvl.1

Sweden

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-23 08:50
Are your KMLs the flight lines or a boundary line? Using the area route option I'm pretty sure this requires it to be a KML of the boundary line. What error are you seeing, task type error? It sounds like you're exporting the flight lines from the P4M and trying to use it on the M3M. The M3M is going to use different flight line spacing and therefor not use the same flight plan as the P4M in a given area. You should import a boundary and let Pilot 2 create a new route from it.

Hi Johnno, It's a simple 4 sided polygon created in GIS pro and then imported as a file into Pilot2. Yes it's task type error. It's just a boundary not an existing flight plan. I have read around the forums and it seems to be a height issue with GIS created files. It could possibly be that DJI requires height coordinates because these drones are now able to fly a mission according to a dsm/dtm over orchards that are planted on hills, so not 30 metres above takeoff but 30 metres above the terrain. Seems as though recreating the file in google earth is the fix, thanks for your reply.
2023-10-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-283890-1-1.html
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules